+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sabri Lamouchi after defeat at Hull

Sabri Lamouchi after defeat at Hull

“I have a good squad. They are very nice guys, but maybe too nice.

“Cardiff must stay in the Championship, so we must find a solution. We need to be more aggressive in the two boxes and change our mentality to the game.

“If we opened the scoring first, it's a different game – but it's not enough. We are all disappointed. We can't accept what's happened.

“We have to change something because we have three teams behind us. We need to fight and to switch on. And if you want to win, you must score.

“I didn't think we deserved to lose. We are close but far at the same time.

“We created chances but not enough to get back into the game.

“It's very simple: we are frustrated and disappointed. We need to be more aggressive and show we want more from the game than their opponents.

“Maybe with a goal and a win, the confidence will be back. But, at the moment, we are in a bad moment and in a bad situation.

“We need to find a different spirit. Not from one, but all. We're very disappointed with the result but not the performance.

"We have 16 finals between now and the end of the season.

"We need to win five, six [games].

"The fans need to support us.

"Nobody wants to go down. We will fight until the last game, until the last day, because we believe and we trust in our players, our team, our squad, our club.

"It will be really tough. But the only goal is to have three teams behind us at the end of the season.

"With three teams behind us, it will be a fantastic season. But we need to fight."

Re: Sabri Lamouchi after defeat at Hull

Basically saying that the players need to show some character and dig themselves out of this shit show, and i think that he is right. Forget the cliches and all that bullshit, we need a few of the players to put themselves out of their comfort zone, get themselves noticed on the pitch, to be assertive etc. Wintle is a weak link in my opinion, he never controls the tempo of a game, never splits a pass, plays within himself, he's coasting, and that's no way to be in his position on the field of play.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Basically saying that the players need to show some character and dig themselves out of this shit show, and i think that he is right. Forget the cliches and all that bullshit, we need a few of the players to put themselves out of their comfort zone, get themselves noticed on the pitch, to be assertive etc. Wintle is a weak link in my opinion, he never controls the tempo of a game, never splits a pass, plays within himself, he's coasting, and that's no way to be in his position on the field of play.
    I’d play Rino and Ralls. Win the ball back and give it to the front 2/3. I’d play all 3 strikers, and go route 1. We are dire, we could play all week and not score. We looked semi threatening when Etete and Sory went up top together

New manager thud.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I’d play Rino and Ralls. Win the ball back and give it to the front 2/3. I’d play all 3 strikers, and go route 1. We are dire, we could play all week and not score. We looked semi threatening when Etete and Sory went up top together
    Something has to happen, and if it means taking some risks in order to get some confidence, then lets ****ing go for it, because what we have at the moment isn't working. We need to score goals. I don't want to pick on wintle, but i don't rate him, i don't think that he's up to this level. He is very limited.

Something has to happen, and if it means taking some risks in order to get some confidence, then lets ****ing go for it, because what we have at the moment isn't working. We need to score goals. I don't want to pick on wintle, but i don't rate him, i don't think that he's up to this level. He is very limited.
    Agree about wintle, looked good early in the season I thought but needs to be dropped. Not up to it. Also need to work on set pieces and crossing. There was improvement today. But yes we need goals

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyscoular View Post
    New manager thud.
    It is. Not a bounce in sight.

But I like Lamouchi from the little I have seen so far. He talks straight. He seems to know what he needs to do (and it doesn’t involve a magic wand). He appears to be a coach who is focused on attitude and improving the players in the squad. They should be better than they have been. He had little or no chance to affect what the club did in the window and he hasn’t used that as an excuse.

I’m not optimistic, but we have a chance with this manager.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

But I like Lamouchi from the little I have seen so far. He talks straight. He seems to know what he needs to do (and it doesn’t involve a magic wand). He appears to be a coach who is focused on attitude and improving the players in the squad. They should be better than they have been. He had little or no chance to affect what the club did in the window and he hasn’t used that as an excuse.

Put it this way if we go down he's exactly the sort of modern thinking manager people feel we need

And therefore we already have him in place

If Tan sacks him if we get relegated we may as well take up darts

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    Agree about wintle, looked good early in the season I thought but needs to be dropped. Not up to it. Also need to work on set pieces and crossing. There was improvement today. But yes we need goals
    I disagree about Wintle. He’s been playing for us for just over a year after returning from Blackpool and he’s been good for all of that time apart from the last six weeks or so where, like three or four others, his standards have dropped.

As far as I am concerned, Ralls is a liability at the moment, and I would not play him if we are looking for goals. He is too one footed, and nine times out of ten the ball goes backwards stopping any momentum. He also commits a large amount of fouls during a game, quite often ending in a booking. We need a more attacking midfielder, and I think Sang should be given a chance to show his attacking flair. With a big centre forward now on our books, we also need two fast and tricky wingers in the team, with O’Dowda and Davies the obvious choices.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I disagree about Wintle. He’s been playing for us for just over a year after returning from Blackpool and he’s been good for all of that time apart from the last six weeks or so where, like three or four others, his standards have dropped.
    You say the same sort of thing about Ng. My view of both is they’re just about capable of playing at this level, but they are not good Championship players by any means. The pair of them have been mainstays in a poor side that isn’t even mid-table standard. They wouldn’t get into many other teams in this division. They are both limited to put it kindly.

We have to do something, and quickly. Kaba can win headers, as can Etete. I cannot f**king believe Robinson tried a no look pen today but I think he has to play. Back 5, gets O’Dowda up the pitch, hopefully Romeo is back soon, and I’m not arsed who plays with McG and Kipre, cos neither Ng or Simpson are much kop.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    We have to do something, and quickly. Kaba can win headers, as can Etete. I cannot f**king believe Robinson tried a no look pen today but I think he has to play. Back 5, gets O’Dowda up the pitch, hopefully Romeo is back soon, and I’m not arsed who plays with McG and Kipre, cos neither Ng or Simpson are much kop.
    Robinson could play wide midfield.

For several players to have dropped their levels over recent weeks, must partly be down to the manager and the players confidence in what he's trying to get them to do.
    Now that Hudson has gone, hopefully that will return.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    For several players to have dropped their levels over recent weeks, must partly be down to the manager and the players confidence in what he's trying to get them to do.
    Now that Hudson has gone, hopefully that will return.
    I agree there’s a few that dropped their levels in recent weeks, others improved themselves today.
    Wintle didn’t

If we play Ralls every week we will be relegated for sure.
    He is too slow and is thinking seems a couple of seconds behind the play, which is one of the reasons he is regularly yellow carded

Wintle, Ralls and Ng might not be setting the world alight, but it absolutely baffles me that they're the ones being singled out when you've got complete wasters like Simpson, Sawyers, and Ojo in the team.

I think need Ralls for all his set pieces

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

I like what little we have seen and heard from him so far too. He learned a few things from the Luton game, hence no Colwill I assume. Let's hope that he learned today that Simpson should also not be in this team.
    The most important thing he needs to do now is to find someone, anyone, who can CROSS A F****NG BALL.

Robinson could play wide midfield.
    For me ....

Alsopp (Maybe Alnwick, not fussed)
    NG
    Kipre
    McG
    Bagan
    Ralls
    Rinhomota
    O'Dowda
    Etete
    Robinson
    Davies

Quote Originally Posted by FormerlyJohnnyBreadhead View Post
    Wintle, Ralls and Ng might not be setting the world alight, but it absolutely baffles me that they're the ones being singled out when you've got complete wasters like Simpson, Sawyers, and Ojo in the team.
    Hear hear

Tend to agree but to be fair Simpson seems to be singled out as well.

I find the line ups confusing, I certainly wouldn’t have took of Robinson unless it’s an injury.

Quote Originally Posted by theclaw View Post
    I think need Ralls for all his set pieces
    Which ones are you thinking of ?

Exactly.

They are all shit. Maybe that's the answer.

the club should have moved for Camarasa. He can't be any worse than the aforementioned.