+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Times are really tough but we haven’t gone down yet

SuperBluebirds91

Times are really tough but we haven’t gone down yet

No doubt that things have been difficult as a Cardiff fan over the last few months but I do believe that the next game we need to get down there and support the team big time, no booing, no whining just get behind them from the first whistle to the last. Now is the time when the manager and players need us fans more than anything. Yes there’s a good chance that we could go down but there’s time to change this still and that event hasn’t happened yet and it may not. All we can do is our bit.

Re: Times are really tough but we haven’t gone down yet

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBluebirds91 View Post
    No doubt that things have been difficult as a Cardiff fan over the last few months but I do believe that the next game we need to get down there and support the team big time, no booing, no whining just get behind them from the first whistle to the last. Now is the time when the manager and players need us fans more than anything. Yes there’s a good chance that we could go down but there’s time to change this still and that event hasn’t happened yet and it may not. All we can do is our bit.
    bottom 3 on wednesday night unless it's a draw between hudders and blackpool. not confident once in bottom 3 our lot got no fight to soft.

Quote Originally Posted by driver blue View Post
    bottom 3 on wednesday night unless it's a draw between hudders and blackpool. not confident once in bottom 3 our lot got no fight to soft.
    That's the spirit....go get em.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBluebirds91 View Post
    I think that's a good way of looking at things but so many fans have had enough of all this nonsense on and off the pitch

We have 16 matches to achieve that...no wins , hardly any goals. It's not looking great but those under us in the league could do worse and we could stay up. I don't have any confidence for next season if we do though

I see fight in the team, of course people will disagree. It’s fine margins. If the pen went in was it a different game? Who knows.

Games are tight but it’s to easy for teams, knowing we won’t score, we need goals, or someone to hit some form.

HUGE game next.

Optimism is a wonderful attribute but this team can't score goals. Relegation is on the cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Optimism is a wonderful attribute but this team can't score goals. Relegation is on the cards.
    So true, unless it changes. Football changes very quickly sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Even you?

Quote Originally Posted by driver blue View Post
    bottom 3 on wednesday night unless it's a draw between hudders and blackpool.
    Not quite. Blackpool would need to win by a three goal margin to go above City.

Quote Originally Posted by rich munn View Post
    Even you?
    Well if you don't think relegation is likely then you are very much in the minority

How else are we supposed to think with 1 win in 13 matches and today 3 shots on goal , one of which was the penalty miss

David Hemmings .......charge of the light brigade

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Well if you don't think relegation is likely then you are very much in the minority

How else are we supposed to think with 1 win in 13 matches and today 3 shots on goal , one of which was the penalty miss

David Hemmings .......charge of the light brigade
    What win was that in our last thirteen games?

Relegation teams almost always have problems all over the pitch. That's not been true of us for the first two thirds of this season - with thirty three conceded in thirty matches, we're on course to concede a likely fifty over our forty six matches. That's a better goals against record than every season we've had since our promotion back to the Championship in 2003, apart from our two promotion campaigns and 20/21. Our defensive record is good enough for a top half position, but it's completely offset by a pathetic scoring record and the really concerning thing for me is that we're getting worse as far as attacking goes as the season goes on rather than better which is what you'd expect with a new squad like we had back in August.

Some seem to want to blame the fans in some way, but, especially away from home, the support has been far better than the team and club have deserved. Let's not forget either that we probably have the worst home record out of the seventy two EFL clubs over the past three seasons - City's home support are given nothing to get excited about as they watch game after game follow the oh so familiar pattern.

SuperBluebirds91

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    What win was that in our last thirteen games?

Relegation teams almost always have problems all over the pitch. That's not been true of us for the first two thirds of this season - with thirty three conceded in thirty matches, we're on course to concede a likely fifty over our forty six matches. That's a better goals against record than every season we've had since our promotion back to the Championship in 2003, apart from our two promotion campaigns and 20/21. Our defensive record is good enough for a top half position, but it's completely offset by a pathetic scoring record and the really concerning thing for me is that we're getting worse as far as attacking goes as the season goes on rather than better which is what you'd expect with a new squad like we had back in August.

Some seem to want to blame the fans in some way, but, especially away from home, the support has been far better than the team and club have deserved. Let's not forget either that we probably have the worst home record out of the seventy two EFL clubs over the past three seasons - City's home support are given nothing to get excited about as they watch game after game follow the oh so familiar pattern.
    For me personally, I don’t think the fans are to blame for anything tbh, but things have been bad yes and people are entitled to have a moan here and there. The players must feeling about as negative as you could possibly feel atm (accept actually going down). That’s why it’s so important for us fans to really get behind them at home. I agree the away support as always is incredible - you can’t fault them. We need to sing louder than ever just like Everton fans were yesturday even before they scored against Arsenal………it was like a cup final to them. That is how we have to treat these games.fans and players.

It always amazes me how our fans are loud when we are playing well and the going is good but as soon as things start to go wrong or look like we have a good chance of going down people start throwing in the towel. I wouldn’t want to be in a relationship with these people……….1 arguement and they’d be gone lol

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I see fight in the team, of course people will disagree. It’s fine margins. If the pen went in was it a different game? Who knows.
    this is where we are at, them very fine Margins, pen goes in, we are on the front foot

I saw someone mention it in another thread and it was spot on the fact we have a half decent defensive record is irrelevant because everyone knows we concede and we ain't scoring.
    With what football has become the game just drifts away with a whole load of arsing about at the back and time wasting with us making little or no attempts on goal.
    Games just become a recurring nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    I saw someone mention it in another thread and it was spot on the fact we have a half decent defensive record is irrelevant because everyone knows we concede and we ain't scoring.
    With what football has become the game just drifts away with a whole load of arsing about at the back and time wasting with us making little or no attempts on goal.
    Games just become a recurring nightmare.
    Spot on. This defensive record thing means nothing if we don't win games, and it's to the detriment to us anyway, because it's because we play deep and then offer nothing in the other two thirds. I'd rather us concede more chances to the opposition or defend differently if it means that we create more and get players in advanced areas. Our defensive attributes are forced, it's because we know or think that we offer little up top, so we'll just sit in and wait for something to happen. It aint working, is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Spot on. This defensive record thing means nothing if we don't win games, and it's to the detriment to us anyway, because it's because we play deep and then offer nothing in the other two thirds. I'd rather us concede more chances to the opposition or defend differently if it means that we create more and get players in advanced areas. Our defensive attributes are forced, it's because we know or think that we offer little up top, so we'll just sit in and wait for something to happen. It aint working, is it?
    And we don’t commit numbers going forwards. I think the time has come to pick the two big men and lump it. We’ve had 30 games of this garbage. Currently we will score in about 10 of our remaining 16. Something has to change and we have to start getting the ball in the box. I’d pick our 2 most combative midfielders, Ralls and Rino, get them to win the ball back and get it forward or pass to a blue shirt. You’ve got to get Robinson in somewhere so he has to play behind or wide. I’d play him behind the other two and just go for it. I’d rather go down fighting than just seemingly accepting our fate.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    And we don’t commit numbers going forwards. I think the time has come to pick the two big men and lump it. We’ve had 30 games of this garbage. Currently we will score in about 10 of our remaining 16. Something has to change and we have to start getting the ball in the box. I’d pick our 2 most combative midfielders, Ralls and Rino, get them to win the ball back and get it forward or pass to a blue shirt. You’ve got to get Robinson in somewhere so he has to play behind or wide. I’d play him behind the other two and just go for it. I’d rather go down fighting than just seemingly accepting our fate.
    Sensible post. We have to do whatever it takes, and if that means route one, so be it.