+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Nathan Jones thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Nathan Jones… not working out too well

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    How has he lost the plot? I think that’s a brilliant interview and exactly how interviews should be. In day to day life, managers do not have to get up in front of the world and explain themselves when things haven’t gone well. It doesn’t happen outside of sport. Every football fan complains about boring managers and cliches. Then you get a brilliant and honest press conference like this and people accuse Nathan Jones of losing the plot. Bollox. Fans demand to know what’s going on and then don’t like hearing somebody battling and backing themselves. Good for Nathan Jones I say. I liked Steve Morison and had no issue with his so-called “abrasiveness”. Do not moan about cliches and dinosaurs set in their ways, and then complain about somebody giving their honest opinions. Nathan Jones has only risen considerably in my estimations after this.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Bosch View Post
    How has he lost the plot? I think that’s a brilliant interview and exactly how interviews should be. In day to day life, managers do not have to get up in front of the world and explain themselves when things haven’t gone well. It doesn’t happen outside of sport. Every football fan complains about boring managers and cliches. Then you get a brilliant and honest press conference like this and people accuse Nathan Jones of losing the plot. Bollox. Fans demand to know what’s going on and then don’t like hearing somebody battling and backing themselves. Good for Nathan Jones I say. I liked Steve Morison and had no issue with his so-called “abrasiveness”. Do not moan about cliches and dinosaurs set in their ways, and then complain about somebody giving their honest opinions. Nathan Jones has only risen considerably in my estimations after this.
    I kind of like it, but he's definitely on the edge, his Management style will work at Luton, but not with higher-profile and more talented players, saying trackback, run faster harder, and get stuck in won't work, he'll be gone before the end of the season.

As someone said above, it would have worked here, he would have been great for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Bosch View Post
    It was an absolutely dreadful interview. Press conferences (rightly or wrongly) are not interviews or chats. And Jones looks to have completely forgotten their purpose.

As onerous as it must be to have to talk to the press so regularly, his job is to represent the club (his employer) and he does an absolutely awful job of that.

I feel sorry for him but it is terrible. All over the place. Inarticulate, provocative, defensive.

It is borderline painful to see journalists almost toying with people when they get to this stage.
    Last edited by Bobby Dandruff; 06-02-23 at 22:17. Reason: Edits