+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 1 - 3 MIDDLESBROUGH. Match thread

Re: CARDIFF CITY v MIDDLESBROUGH. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    The missing bit is Forest Are Massive!

All too England on Wembley Way acting @rseholes for my liking. They sing one about Harry Maguire to the same tune.
    So it is.. can hear it now you've said it

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    I think he will play:

Allsopp
    Romeo McGuinness Cedric Ng
    Sawyers Rinimota Wintle
    Philogene Robinson
    Kaba
    Not sure what Sawyers is doing to keep on getting picked

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    The team hasn't been announced yet.

Quite right, but about the only player, Cedric apart who can pass a ball further than 2 yards.
    Ps on reflection ODowda has to start in place of Philogene.

I personally would not have Sawyers anywhere near the team - he is a luxury, as he provides nothing! I would definitely have O’Dowda in the team and Etete. The latter would be a twin strike force with Kaba, with Rinimota/Sang, Wintle and O’Dowda in midfield, and Robinson between the two strikers and midfield.

You can say the same for most of our squad tbf

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    We lost 5-0 to Sheffield Wednesday the last time that Ralls played left (wing) back.
    True but he was far from the worst performer that day. Still think he could do a solid job there for us.

I'm gonna be as positive as I can be.
    1-1 draw.

I would like a win..but my brain tells me 0-2

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    I would like a win..but my brain tells me 0-2
    2-1 come on the City

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    You can say the same for most of our squad tbf
    😂

Very witty

Quote Originally Posted by Woosnam View Post
    I personally would not have Sawyers anywhere near the team - he is a luxury, as he provides nothing! I would definitely have O’Dowda in the team and Etete. The latter would be a twin strike force with Kaba, with Rinimota/Sang, Wintle and O’Dowda in midfield, and Robinson between the two strikers and midfield.
    We need goals, I'd have Odowda and Robinson on the wings, Kaba and Etete up front
    Rinohota was Wintle in midfield,Ng at left back and Romeo as Rb Kipre and McGuinness at the back

Boro are in great form since Carrick turned up there, no point sitting back waiting to get picked off, we have to be on the front foot

Boro haven’t drawn a game since November. They’ve drawn away just once this season, at Stoke way back in mid-August.

Given the manner in which City have been playing lately, a point would definitely be an acceptable return.

We badly need 3 points but a draw will instill some confidence hopefully and maybe set us up for wins in upcoming games.

Its going to be an interesting selection today. Left back? Central midfield selection and who starts up top.

No negative vibes from me .
    There is little to choose between any of the teams in the Championship. As long as City battle for every ball we can upset an inform Boro. The goals will then come.
    3-0 City

Match Facts:

• Cardiff have won one of their last five league games against Middlesbrough (D2 L2), although it came earlier this season at the Riverside.
    • Middlesbrough are looking for consecutive away league wins over Cardiff for the first time since December 2011, having won 2-0 in October 2021.
    • Cardiff have netted just one goal in their last seven league games (D3 L4) and are winless in 11 league games (D5 L6).
    • Indeed, 80% of Cardiff's goals in all competitions in 2023 so far have come against Premier League side Leeds in the FA Cup (4/5).
    • Middlesbrough have won each of their last two league games without conceding, not since October 2021 under Neil Warnock have they done so in three consecutive games, with the third victory in that run coming against Cardiff (2-0 in October 2021).
    • Since Michael Carrick's first league game in charge in October, only Burnley (33) and Sheffield United (32) have won more Championship points than Middlesbrough (31).

I agree with the posts saying a draw would be ok against a team in very good form, especially if we can score a couple. Something to build on.
    A win would be amazing though.

I’ve woken up in a positive/delusional mood and fancy us for a win today.

The noises from the camp have been good all week and have lured me in. No doubt crushing disappointment will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Match Facts:

• Cardiff have won one of their last five league games against Middlesbrough (D2 L2), although it came earlier this season at the Riverside.
    • Middlesbrough are looking for consecutive away league wins over Cardiff for the first time since December 2011, having won 2-0 in October 2021.
    • Cardiff have netted just one goal in their last seven league games (D3 L4) and are winless in 11 league games (D5 L6).
    • Indeed, 80% of Cardiff's goals in all competitions in 2023 so far have come against Premier League side Leeds in the FA Cup (4/5).
    • Middlesbrough have won each of their last two league games without conceding, not since October 2021 under Neil Warnock have they done so in three consecutive games, with the third victory in that run coming against Cardiff (2-0 in October 2021).
    • Since Michael Carrick's first league game in charge in October, only Burnley (33) and Sheffield United (32) have won more Championship points than Middlesbrough (31).
    Facts bear no relevance in today's positive mindset. Get on point please.

Stating the bloody obvious but the first goal is vital.

The problem with grabbing points here and there is that it does little to change things or give the team confidence

Birmingham have grabbed 2 wins on the quick

We need that now , not in a few games time

It's not the fans fault , social media or the local press

It's the stupid decision to replace Mad Mick with a trainee manager and the even more stupid decision to replace him with another

We now have the situation where a new manager who it appears has some presence and skill about him is left with a right bag of soggy peas to make something of .

I will be absolutely amazed if we beat Boro today . If we do it will be fantastic for the club and the fans .

But it must be followed up quickly by more points at Birmingham .

Because if we don't beat Boro or Birmingham then we must start to begin preparing for relegation as that is what will be happening .

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    I’ve woken up in a positive/delusional mood and fancy us for a win today.

The noises from the camp have been good all week and have lured me in. No doubt crushing disappointment will follow.
    CCFC are like a woman

Tease you , trick you

Then kick you in the bollocks

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    The problem with grabbing points here and there is that it does little to change things or give the team confidence

Birmingham have grabbed 2 wins on the quick

We need that now , not in a few games time

It's not the fans fault , social media or the local press

It's the stupid decision to replace Mad Mick with a trainee manager and the even more stupid decision to replace him with another

We now have the situation where a new manager who it appears has some presence and skill about him is left with a right bag of soggy peas to make something of .

I will be absolutely amazed if we beat Boro today . If we do it will be fantastic for the club and the fans .

But it must be followed up quickly by more points at Birmingham .

Because if we don't beat Boro or Birmingham then we must start to begin preparing for relegation as that is what will be happening .
    Spot on Sludge. Morison was a mistake, Hudson an even bigger one. Having an experienced manager, unless you are very lucky, means everything in a relegation dogfight.
    Like you, I hope our new manager has the time and resources to eke out enough wins to save us.

Ps I was amazed how improved Brum were last night. Shows what difference a win or two make.

I hope I dont offend anyone on here but I am convinced City are going to give me a heart attack. Starting to get tense already.
    Never felt like this in the Prem. Every game was a bonus then. Now every game is a nightmare.