Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
Christ what utter rubbish they are

All over the country newspapers are fading but some seem to still cater for traditional old gits .....like me

I have never been one for reading the guardian , times etc or their sunday equivalent .....its a trial to get through some of the pretentious nonsense in those

I grew up with the western mail and echo and they seemed to be quite distinct papers . The Echo was more a football paper but at least in the old days they had different match reports for city games

As I hated the big papers on a weekend it was great when the western mail expanded to a Wales on Sunday edition

But it's absolutely crap and all its reports , including the football pages are simply repeated in Mondays western mail

I have given up on the Echo and will soon give up on the western mail . The price is extortionate for the rubbish that is in there and its more expensive than most of the competition .

The population of Wales is 3 million ......about 7000 western mails are sold daily

I have heard of a loss leader but that's the end of the line

I havnt been to Queen Street in years , do the fellas still sell the Echo?

They won't be for long
Totally agree with you. I ditched the Echo a few years ago as its utter rubbish. Never bothered with the Western Mail or Sunday edition.
Now I know you don't like the Daily Mail, but their sport pages are really good, not to mention most of the rest of it too 😂