+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Darts

Re: Darts

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Rubbish. It's not skill. It's strength.
    You have to engage your muscles and bring some into play and not others if you are weightlifting

Do you think it's just chance or luck or genetics that top runners , footballers , swimmers , squash players , rugby players or cricketers have generally good athletic bodies ?

They need them as they are involved in strenuous athletic activity of power , strength , flexibility etc

There's a reason why Andy Fordham , Barney whatever his name is , Filthy Phil Taylor etc etc have poor physiques

It's because darts is not a sport . Those who love darts ....and snooker or fishing ....and other pastimes and hobbies that have a competitive edge will argue that they are but if they are then so is monopoly , bridge , chess , skittles etc

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    You have to engage your muscles and bring some into play and not others if you are weightlifting

Do you think it's just chance or luck or genetics that top runners , footballers , swimmers , squash players , rugby players or cricketers have generally good athletic bodies ?

They need them as they are involved in strenuous athletic activity of power , strength , flexibility etc

There's a reason why Andy Fordham , Barney whatever his name is , Filthy Phil Taylor etc etc have poor physiques

It's because darts is not a sport . Those who love darts ....and snooker or fishing ....and other pastimes and hobbies that have a competitive edge will argue that they are but if they are then so is monopoly , bridge , chess , skittles etc
    I'm still waiting for you to tell me what skill is needed in weightlifting.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I'm still waiting for you to tell me what skill is needed in weightlifting.
    I have just told you , engaging different muscle groups through a lift

Traps do some of the work , lats , biceps etc

It's just as skillful as throwing a dart

Some would call both a bit brain dead but I couldn't lift heavy weights even when I was younger and stronger

In terms of darts you watch darts regularly enough to realise these guys are often in poor shape

They wouldn't get away with that to the same extent in football , rugby , swimming , athletics etc

Darts related... 22 years later, though likely new news to some.

Following Taylor's sexual assault conviction he proceeded to win a further seven world titles.

Sky/the media/darts did an excellent job of ignoring/suppressing/underplaying that unsavoury incident. I seem to recall reading Taylor would have a difficult time appearing at Scottish events.

Darts champion Phil Taylor guilty of sex attack on women - https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/...tack-on-women/

Phil 'the power' Taylor.

Imagine this introduction instead. "Ladies and gentleman, please welcome as he nonces his way onto the stage, Phil 'the groper' Taylor".