+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: From the Athletic

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: From the Athletic

Thanks for posting that. As you say, there’s nothing new there, but it is helpful to have the situation set out like that. All I’ll say is that Lamouchi’s comment about not being affected by reputations offers all of the proof you need that there are those in football management who are avoiding us.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Thanks for posting that. As you say, there’s nothing new there, but it is helpful to have the situation set out like that. All I’ll say is that Lamouchi’s comment about not being affected by reputations offers all of the proof you need that there are those in football management who are avoiding us.
    Put yourself in the position of a manager who is set financially and able to choose.

Would you come here? With people skidding up in the dressing room with their red coat, telling you who to pick, making signings for you and spending the absolute minimum. I wouldn't come anywhere near here.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Put yourself in the position of a manager who is set financially and able to choose.

Would you come here? With people skidding up in the dressing room with their red coat, telling you who to pick, making signings for you and spending the absolute minimum. I wouldn't come anywhere near here.
    In my blog I said we’d never appoint someone like Carrick, but it’s probably more true to say that he’d never come here. Over a decade ago AlexFerguson warned Ole not to take theCardiff job and I’d say that sort of thinking is more prevalent now than itwas then.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    In my blog I said we’d never appoint someone like Carrick, but it’s probably more true to say that he’d never come here. Over a decade ago AlexFerguson warned Ole not to take theCardiff job and I’d say that sort of thinking is more prevalent now than itwas then.
    Of course it is.

People talk. Managers talk.
    Any employee in any position would do at least a bit of research on their would be employer.
    What positive articles or facts are you going to find about City?

I'm convinced any fan from this board could have done a better job than Tan, Choo and Dalman.

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    I'm convinced any fan from this board could have done a better job than Tan, Choo and Dalman.
    I'd like to think that if there was a deadline approaching that any fan here would 1) Get the full details of what non payment of the first Sala installment would mean and 2) If there was any idea to pay the amount then pay it before the deadline that meant more punishment would follow.

Apparently though the club are doing all they can. Appears like they're doing all they can to send us down from the outside looking in.