+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Personal pronouns in the workplace

Re: Personal pronouns in the workplace

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    I don’t think anyone doesn’t see your point mate. The problem is when people detract from the main point, which is trans rights, and their only argument is a small amount of “what ifs” and extreme situations
    Every thread goes off on a tangent mate, and be it in work or in the pub or down the football conversation evolves mate.

SuperBluebirds91

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Appreciate your reply.

We've seen your point of view in things which I appreciate you putting across, it's very informative.

On the flip side I think other people's opinions also need to be considered.

People aren't scared of being attacked, that was a different poster and not my view whatever, but teenage girls are constantly changing and feel self conscious of their bodies. It's uncomfortable to have to be in the toilet at the same time, shouldn't that also come into consideration? Or be we just have to listen and follow one opinion?
    I just want to mention one other thing and will leave it that then. There are people who can probably answer your concerns better than me such as LGBT charities such as GLAAD. obviously people don’t have time and have very busy lives. Other things are by far a priority and some people don’t want to look at these things any further and that’s fine. You never know when things could come a lot closer to home for you - what would you do if your daughter was trans? Or a close family member. The more you are equipped the better IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBluebirds91 View Post
    I just want to mention one other thing and will leave it that then. There are people who can probably answer your concerns better than me such as LGBT charities such as GLAAD. obviously people don’t have time and have very busy lives. Other things are by far a priority and some people don’t want to look at these things any further and that’s fine. You never know when things could come a lot closer to home for you - what would you do if your daughter was trans? Or a close family member. The more you are equipped the better IMO.
    Your contributions on this thread have been an education for many of us - so please don't hesitate to add any further replies or points.

Thanks for your reply and of course everyone should be listened to. I appreciate you reading my comments. Don’t forget when I make comments it is only my point of view just like it is yours. Others may disagree on both sides. Some trans people may disagree with what I say but I don’t speak for everyone. I can only say it from my own experience. It should be noted thatI know many trans people but I obviously know many who aren’t aswell…..quite a few more

Apologies if I misinterpreted your post about people being attacked etc. I understand about youngsters being self conscious and I would imagine that many teens are uncomfortable about their bodies in the presence of anyone. No one wants to make people feel uncomfortable but it’s just sad that people do feel this way, and in this case a trans women because that is all that person is….a woman who despite having been born with body parts that don’t align with who they are, they themselves would feel extremely self conscious in any situation and would probably be a person that is likely to be very sensitive and respectful towards others in that situation. What’s I’m trying to say is a trans woman would likely be someone who is an expert on how it feels to be self conscious and who know how to respect others. Obviously that may not take away how your daughter or others may feel so I think it’s probably important for these discussions to continue and more awareness in places such as schools. When I was a teen I played for a girls football team. I was extremely self conscious about the other girls looking at my body in the changing room - It wouldn’t matter who it was, I would self conscious fullstop mate. Of course this may have not have helped as I was trans but it appeared many others on the team were the same.

It’s never about me saying my views are the only ones that are correct, but personally I do think so many have the wrong perception of a trans woman. It’s not something that can be resolved on a football forum and needs further discussion but I appreciate you listening and hoping it has helped alleviate some worries even if you still have concerns mate.
    Excellent post.

I'm glad you feel comfortable posting on here.

I think my original point was just how it comes across, as you've got what essentially looks like a man, but someone who identifies and feels like a woman, this can be confusing, because like I tried to put across earlier, this person essentially looks like a bloke dressed up walking into the women's toilet, I'm not saying they should have to use the men's, as that isn't right for them, but under the circumstances I don't see how they use the women's by default either. I'm not an ignorant person (you haven't suggested I am btw) I am always happy to learn and evolve as a person, it'll help me as a father as well.

The scenario isn't of someone fully transitioned, which is why I'm asking and why people feel awkward, these things will normalise over time so it won't be an issue, but as of now it's new for people and confusing as well.

If we don't ask we don't learn

Sorry Bluebirdman of Alcathays- I replied to you post this morning but forgot to show whoI was replying too.my reply is the shorter one just above regarding anti trans groups etc from this morning. (post #91)
    No problem