+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: We like to ..HOOF IT!

Re: We like to ..HOOF IT!

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Football is all about excitement. Tuning in to 90 minutes of tippy-tappy attack versus defence in the PL is watching the best players in the world playing possibly the worst football you could possibly watch.
    Genuine question - do you get more enjoyment from watching a goalkeeper or defender whacking the ball aimlessly upfield in the hope a teammate might get on the end of it?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    It's entirely possible to have been over the moon with last night's win while accepting that it wasn't a great spectacle to watch.
    After last night's win some fans are going on about hoofball

With you being one of them

You really can't justify that sort of nonsense given what we have been through this season but I am sure you will try

Genuine question - do you get more enjoyment from watching a goalkeeper or defender whacking the ball aimlessly upfield in the hope a teammate might get on the end of it?
    Genuine answer : no.

It's entirely possible to have been over the moon with last night's win while accepting that it wasn't a great spectacle to watch.
    First half was about as bland as it gets but I thought the second half was an exciting watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    First half was about as bland as it gets but I thought the second half was an exciting watch.
    That’s how teams should be judged - how exciting they are. Not by how much possession etc

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post
    That’s how teams should be judged - how exciting they are. Not by how much possession etc
    Honestly couldn't care less about our style of play as long as it produces exciting moments and goals, last night did (granted a rarity this season) so not really much anyone should be moaning about. If we play like that for the rest of the season we will finish mid table comfortably, largely due to how terrible the entire division is outside of a 2 or 3 teams.

Get the ball

Kick it , head it , arse it into the net

Stop them doing the same

Worry about how pretty it looks once we are safe from relegation

Rinse

Repeat

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Get the ball

Kick it , head it , arse it into the net

Stop them doing the same

Worry about how pretty it looks once we are safe from relegation

Rinse

Repeat
    Both goals were a thing of beauty last night, very different but the pair of them were outstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Both goals were a thing of beauty last night, very different but the pair of them were outstanding.
    Great goals and the only moments of genuine quality from either side in the entire match. I watched the highlights in the other thread earlier. The one moment they showed from the first half was a weak header that went well wide from Jutkiewicz. That just about summed it up.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Great goals and the only moments of genuine quality from either side in the entire match. I watched the highlights in the other thread earlier. The one moment they showed from the first half was a weak header that went well wide from Jutkiewicz. That just about summed it up.
    That’s why I think we’ll stay up, we do have players that can pull off moments of quality like that. Massive rebuild in the summer them though, give Lamouchi the job and build from there

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    That’s why I think we’ll stay up, we do have players that can pull off moments of quality like that. Massive rebuild in the summer them though, give Lamouchi the job and build from there
    Typical warnock type victory

Keep it tight

Limit chances

Grind them down

Finish em off

3 points

Typical warnock type victory

Keep it tight

Limit chances

Grind them down

Finish em off

3 points
    Bet you loved that last night haha. I’m with you though, win by hook or by crook.

Ps let’s add Warnocks name to the banned list on here.

Bet you loved that last night haha. I’m with you though, win by hook or by crook.

Ps let’s add Warnocks name to the banned list on here.
    Well last night was not a victory for football

But I dont support ccfc to watch football ⚽

Well last night was not a victory for football

But I dont support ccfc to watch football ⚽
    Amen, three points all the way. No City fan woke up this morning and thought, “I’d rather we lost but played amazing football”

Amen, three points all the way. No City fan woke up this morning and thought, “I’d rather we lost but played amazing football”
    The goals were amazing though. The reason we won was through two amazing football moments, Man City, Liverpool etc score those and the pundits would be raving over them.

International

"On the training pitch, he's very tactical. We've cut playing short and we play in the opposition's half a lot more and put teams under pressure. I think it's working. We just need to build on it now and go into Friday positively.

NG is enjoying us playing more direct and getting the ball forward faster, full quote below.

Ng: Sabri Lamouchi inspires us:

Perry Ng believes Sabri Lamouchi "inspires" Cardiff's players every day on the training pitch with his positive coaching methods.

It's not been the easiest of starts for the Bluebirds under the Frenchman, but they earned their first victory with Lamouchi in the dugout away to Birmingham City on Tuesday.

And when asked how the manager has been behind the scenes, Ng waxed lyrical about his coaching style.

"He's a very positive guy," Ng told WalesOnline. "Every day he gets us pumped up and he inspires us. He is very energetic, which is good.

"On the training pitch, he's very tactical. We've cut playing short and we play in the opposition's half a lot more and put teams under pressure. I think it's working. We just need to build on it now and go into Friday positively.

"We have found the transition OK. At Luton we performed well, we were unlucky, Hull the same. Middlesbrough, they showed their quality.

"We are getting used to it now and we are putting teams under pressure."