+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We like to ..HOOF IT!

We like to ..HOOF IT!

we like to hoof it hoof it. we like to hoof it hoof it. we like to hoof it hoof it...we like to HOOF IT!!!!

woooooo!! we are back boys..its hoofball time

Re: We like to ..HOOF IT!

Quote Originally Posted by Blooburd View Post
    we like to hoof it hoof it. we like to hoof it hoof it. we like to hoof it hoof it...we like to HOOF IT!!!!

While I suspect you're on a bit of a wind up mission here, did you really think that was hoofball? Granted there were times when we went long, but we also played through midfield quite a bit as well. I thought we mixed things up quite well, it wasn't just a case of whack everything long at all.

It’s funny as when we stopped playing hoof ball is when we actually played well.

Not wise to drink midweek

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    It’s funny as when we stopped playing hoof ball is when we actually played well.
    Absolutely. It's called percentage football. If we've got the ball, they haven't.

International

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    A good performance, we were direct, but by far the better team, if we can get some better crosses in we will be a real threat going forward. It felt like we were going to score, all four strikers are a handful, it's strange how things can suddenly change for the better, Kaba and Wickham have had an instant positive impact.

That was pretty direct. But we’ve been in the Championship long enough now to know that’s how you get results. Unless you’ve got a shed load of money

Onwards and upwards. Some joyous scenes at the end. Give me a win like that over a defeat trying to pass it round any day of the week

I thought we got on top when we started to get the ball down and play a bit, our two big men up front hardly won anything in the air and that didn’t change when we brought defenders up from the back for set pieces. The Birmingham manager said us being so direct stopped them playing, but didn’t elaborate on that and tell us why. I thought Birmingham were direct as well and St Andrews was an incident free zone for seventy odd minutes as a result.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    A good performance, we were direct, but by far the better team, if we can get some better crosses in we will be a real threat going forward. It felt like we were going to score, all four strikers are a handful, it's strange how things can suddenly change for the better, Kaba and Wickham have had an instant positive impact.
    I think it's a bit premature to comment on Wickham as being a "handful". Let's hope that is the case, and he does indeed become a handful.
    As for Kaba, I'm still unsure about him. He's not proven to be the aerial threat that I thought he might be. Anyway, early days for him still.

It wasn't hoofball. Hoofball is just lumping it high in the air and hoping someone will get on the receiving end. We were direct and purposeful for large stretches of the game. You cannot dominate possession, as we did, by adopting hoofball tactics.

The worry for me is that it actually worked relatively well with 2 lumps.

And my reasoning of worry is that i'd like to see Davies feature more and this may scupper his development

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    You cannot dominate possession, as we did, by adopting hoofball tactics.
    City had 49% possession.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    The worry for me is that it actually worked relatively well with 2 lumps.

And my reasoning of worry is that i'd like to see Davies feature more and this may scupper his development
    I suspect we’ll see very little of Davies or Colwill between now and the end of the season. I don’t think Lamouchi fancies using either of them in a relegation battle.

International

I think it's a bit premature to comment on Wickham as being a "handful". Let's hope that is the case, and he does indeed become a handful.
    As for Kaba, I'm still unsure about him. He's not proven to be the aerial threat that I thought he might be. Anyway, early days for him still.
    Positionally he was good, being in the middle in a dangerous position enabled Robinson to shoot as Ruddy and the defenders were worried about a pass to Wickham that could have been tapped in.

At last, we have four Strikers, we also have Harris and Davies as backup, but as Gunman says, I don't think they will be used unless we have injuries.

International

It wasn't hoofball. Hoofball is just lumping it high in the air and hoping someone will get on the receiving end. We were direct and purposeful for large stretches of the game. You cannot dominate possession, as we did, by adopting hoofball tactics.
    Agreed it was good to watch and very hard for an organised team like Birmingham to play against, the high defensive line restricted them space and we played very fast down both sides of the pitch, if they can work on the crosses we look much more of a goal threat.

Agreed it was good to watch….
    You honestly thought last night’s game was good to watch? The free kick was brilliant, the second goal was excellent work by Robinson, the three points were very welcome and the spirit the players showed was encouraging, but other than that I thought the game was abysmal and both sides looked utterly dreadful.

International

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    You honestly thought last night’s game was good to watch? The free kick was brilliant, the second goal was excellent work by Robinson, the three points were very welcome and the spirit the players showed was encouraging, but other than that I thought the game was abysmal and both sides looked utterly dreadful.
    Yes I loved it, it was a real battle and we came out the winners, Alsopp could have played in slippers and left his gloves at home, they didn't trouble him once.

They had just scored six goals in the last two games beating West Brom and Swansea.

Have you not heard that, after last night's game was shown to an audience of tens of millions across Brazil, Brazilians will now start chanting "It's just like watching Cardiff City".

Whilst grinding out wins is not going to win us prizes for looking like a great team most of us couldn't give a toss

Another win like this in the next few games and we are going to start pulling away from danger

I am amazed people are bothered about the quality of the game as people I know are over the moon we have won our first game in 15

We have some very odd fans

Yes I loved it, it was a real battle and we came out the winners.
    Fair enough. I thought it was absolute garbage until the 84th minute. A terrible game between two terrible sides. A vitally important win for City, but a truly awful game of football.

I enjoyed watching last night as for the first time in quite a while we were always in the game and there was always the chance we would be able to grind out a win. I also loved how we wrapped things up with the second goal instead of being camped in our own six yard box for the duration of injury time.

If I’d wanted to watch better quality I’d have flicked channels and watched Milan v Spurs or PSG v Bayern, but I didn’t as I’m a city fan and I enjoy watching my team more!

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Whilst grinding out wins is not going to win us prizes for looking like a great team most of us couldn't give a toss

Another win like this in the next few games and we are going to start pulling away from danger

I am amazed people are bothered about the quality of the game as people I know are over the moon we have won our first game in 15

We have some very odd fans
    It's entirely possible to have been over the moon with last night's win while accepting that it wasn't a great spectacle to watch.

City had 49% possession.
    I stand corrected. Perhaps I've grown so used to watching City teams starved of possession over the past number of seasons, that when possession stats get anywhere near the 50% mark, it just seems psychologically, well... a lot more!

The term “hoofball” makes me chuckle….made up by ‘fans’….who know fcuk all about football !

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    The term “hoofball” makes me chuckle….made up by ‘fans’….who know fcuk all about football !
    Football is all about excitement. Tuning in to 90 minutes of tippy-tappy attack versus defence in the PL is watching the best players in the world playing possibly the worst football you could possibly watch. OK, it's often good entertainment, but when today's players with slippers for boots, a light spongy ball, and a pitch like a bowling green can pass the ball around for as long as they like, it's tedious [ though the commentators usually say something like 'intriguing' or finely-balanced].