+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Nicola Sturgeon to resign as Scotland First Minister.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Nicola Sturgeon to resign as Scotland First Minister.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Someone who gets so confused with basic grammar such that they can't distinguish between a pronoun and a verb deserves to leave office.
    I take it you are perfectly amazing in everything you do right ?

I bet you were a high flier in your time wasn’t you

I would take the odd mistake in grammar ( when posting on a phone ) than swap my life with yours any day of the week

Harsh comments I know but you could have said **** all couldn’t you , but you can’t resist it

Melt

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    She comes across as a normal person, I can’t think of anyone in the Cabinet who does and I’m struggling when it comes to the Shadow Cabinet.
    Fair enough!

The combo of her leaving and labour being likely to lead the next UK government drastically lowers the chance of independence and potentially puts the SNP back nearer the category of 'protest group' than legit political party. Only time will tell though.

Can't stand the little shiut.
    Her entire motive was independence; when the courts said she couldn't have a second ref, she was done.

A ghastly old haggis and another jab-pushing &&&& who coerced her citizens into human experimentation.

Farage reckons she's the most horrible leader on a personal level he's met.

Farage says Nicola Sturgeon is the 'most unpleasant, sour-faced, humourless' leader he has ever met!:-

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    A ghastly old haggis and another jab-pushing &&&& who coerced her citizens into human experimentation.

Farage says Nicola Sturgeon is the 'most unpleasant, sour-faced, humourless' leader he has ever met!:-
    The Trump Arselicker said that. Coming from such an unimpeachable judge of character it must be true or perhaps she just turned on the charm for him.

I wonder if anyone is keeping track of the people whose opinions and pronouncements you think are worthy of sharing?

It must be the A list of the most deranged, obnoxious, fascistic, fantasist arseholes on the planet.

Putting up Farage as a judge on someone else's personality says it all!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I wonder if anyone is keeping track of the people whose opinions and pronouncements you think are worthy of sharing?

It must be the A list of the most deranged, obnoxious, fascistic, fantasist arseholes on the planet.

Putting up Farage as a judge on someone else's personality says it all!
    I created a thread dedicated to someone who fits that profile, Keir Starmer.

I can't help but notice you have given that discussion a wide berth. Is it because you'd have difficulty refuting some or all of what's said of your leader and what he stands for?

I created a thread dedicated to someone who fits that profile, Keir Starmer.

I can't help but notice you have given that discussion a wide berth. Is it because you'd have difficulty refuting some or all of what's said of your leader and what he stands for?
    My leader?

Pay attention Organ.

I agree 100% that he fits that profile.

He is not now, and never has been, my leader. I despise him for reasons I have detailed in the past (and upset Claude and Swiss Peter in doing so). I am ex Labour - partly because of Starmer.

International

My leader?

Pay attention Organ.

He is not now, and never has been, my leader. I despise him for reasons I have detailed in the past (and upset Claude and Swiss Peter in doing so). I am ex Labour - partly because of Starmer.
    Starmer is a conservative insider, there will be virtually no changes.

My leader?

Pay attention Organ.

You couldn't upset me Jon, we just disagree on Starmer and Corbyn.

I respect your viewpoint and apart from the above I tend to support the views you outline on this MB

International

I'd agree, why she stopped comedy acting I'll never know, she might not have looked like a schoolboy but some people liked it and it must have been so much less pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    I'd agree, why she stopped comedy acting I'll never know, she might not have looked like a schoolboy but some people liked it and it must have been so much less pressure.

I doubt Corbyn was attracted to 'the trappings of high office'.

Maybe the trappings of the allotment and the labour hall podium?

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    It was a lighthearted quip , are you on the spectrum or something Ffs
    Yeah was quite obviously a joke.

Headline in the Metro today is 'Sturgone'. I emailed them this afternoon to advise of their poor editorial standards in letting that spelling mistake get on the front page

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Yeah was quite obviously a joke.

Headline in the Metro today is 'Sturgone'. I emailed them this afternoon to advise of their poor editorial standards in letting that spelling mistake get on the front page
    Only Dripfool to go now

Sturgeon will go down in history as the person who saved the Union, whether by accident or design.

Quote Originally Posted by Claude Blue View Post
    This is one, of many, problems I have with Corbyn as leader of the Labour Party.

Most knew that he was, at least, eurosceptic and probably full on anti-EU and if he was as honest and decent as you say then he should never have led what is a massively pro-EU party. Membership of the EU is hardly a minor issue and surely the leader must be fully behind major party policy.

Once the party and it's membership backed remain he should have resigned the leadership. As a supposed man of principle I'm surprised he didn't. Or perhaps he isn't as principled as you think and he abandoned them to keep the trappings of high office.
    I thought the world of Jeremy and still do but the only issue I had with him was his anti EU stance. In some ways it was really unfortunate he happened to be Labour leader during an existential national convulsion.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    and replied with the right user id. You're getting better at this, D!
    Oh, WB is back? I was certain a WEF hitman would’ve taken him out for exposing their deepest darkest secrets that can be found on Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    Oh, WB is back? I was certain a WEF hitman would’ve taken him out for exposing their deepest darkest secrets that can be found on Twitter.
    When you are using more keyboards than Jean Michel Jarre I guess it's easy to drop in when you least expect it!

The name of the bloke speaking is Humza Yousaf, an MSP, who's 4th favourite in the betting to become Scotland's next First Minister according to the odds at this site. https://www.gamblingsites.com/blog/s...inney%20%2B600

The blurb atop the twitter message is wrong; he was born in Blighty.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Would it be naive of me to think that she knew today's event was coming before she resigned?
    It would be a little Krankie

Feel a bit sorry for Sturgeon. Don't agree with much of what she stood for, but she was a bloody skilled politician and always came across as having integrity. Would be a shame for her legacy to be trashed because her husband was getting up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Feel a bit sorry for Sturgeon. Don't agree with much of what she stood for, but she was a bloody skilled politician and always came across as having integrity. Would be a shame for her legacy to be trashed because her husband was getting up to no good
    Murrell has been CEO of the SNP for the past 24 years. Sturgeon has been leader or deputy leader of the party for 19 of those years. I would be absolutely amazed if she had no knowledge of his alleged wrongdoing if it turns out that he is guilty.

And if he is charged, tried and found guilty then these two will have set back the cause of Scottish independence more than anyone in the party’s history. Her absurd position on the question of “what is a woman?” has further split a party already at war with itself.

Speculation on the Wings Over Scotland twitter account is that Murrell’s alleged wrongdoing has been on the radar since 2020 and that the only reason that Forbes and Yousef were the two frontrunners for the leadership was that the ‘big beasts’ in the party knew what was coming and viewed the leadership as a poisoned chalice.

It’s quite likely that the party will split with some MSPs and MPs joining Alba. Of course the winner would be the UK state and the Unionist parties as it would be far less likely that a Scottish nationalist government could be formed after the 2026 election and the prospect of holding and winning an independence referendum flushed down the toilet.

Quote Originally Posted by blue sky View Post
    Murrell has been CEO of the SNP for the past 24 years. Sturgeon has been leader or deputy leader of the party for 19 of those years. I would be absolutely amazed if she had no knowledge of his alleged wrongdoing if it turns out that he is guilty.

And if he is charged, tried and found guilty then these two will have set back the cause of Scottish independence more than anyone in the party’s history. Her absurd position on the question of “what is a woman?” has further split a party already at war with itself.

Speculation on the Wings Over Scotland twitter account is that Murrell’s alleged wrongdoing has been on the radar since 2020 and that the only reason that Forbes and Yousef were the two frontrunners for the leadership was that the ‘big beasts’ in the party knew what was coming and viewed the leadership as a poisoned chalice.

It’s quite likely that the party will split with some MSPs and MPs joining Alba. Of course the winner would be the UK state and the Unionist parties as it would be far less likely that a Scottish nationalist government could be formed after the 2026 election and the prospect of holding and winning an independence referendum flushed down the toilet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Sturgeon will go down in history as the person who saved the Union, whether by accident or design.
    My post from 16 February.