+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Nicola Sturgeon to resign as Scotland First Minister.

Re: Nicola Sturgeon to resign as Scotland First Minister.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    If I knew then she definitely knew.
    You knew Peter Murrell was going to be arrested today, and the police were going to raid his home and the SNP offices.... today?

I may have doubted your truthfulness, your insight and your sources in the past, but today I am in awe!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    You knew Peter Murrell was going to be arrested today, and the police were going to raid his home and the SNP offices.... today?

I may have doubted your truthfulness, your insight and your sources in the past, but today I am in awe!
    I knew about the misuse of SNP finances and his involvement, but not the date of arrest!

I knew about the misuse of SNP finances and his involvement, but not the date of arrest!
    That's a relief.

This story has been bubbling for years but I doubt Sturgeon had any inside knowledge of when/if arrests would be made.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/polit...e-finance-row/

That's a relief.

This story has been bubbling for years but I doubt Sturgeon had any inside knowledge of when/if arrests would be made.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/polit...e-finance-row/
    Well, I heard about police involvement from SNP insiders, and that's why I asked about the loan when you were making her out to be a saint

Feel a bit sorry for Sturgeon. Don't agree with much of what she stood for, but she was a bloody skilled politician and always came across as having integrity. Would be a shame for her legacy to be trashed because her husband was getting up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Would it be naive of me to think that she knew today's event was coming before she resigned?
    Yep and declared some time ago in the real media world .. she is next .

Google Scottish Ferries and incompetence

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Feel a bit sorry for Sturgeon. Don't agree with much of what she stood for, but she was a bloody skilled politician and always came across as having integrity. Would be a shame for her legacy to be trashed because her husband was getting up to no good
    You may want to forget her halcyon Covid moments and dig deeper into her what she hasnt fixed , she knows what was going on with hubby , she lives , eats and works with him she is culpable , it was the same controversial i know nothing witch hunt in the Salmond affair
    Scottish Ferries takes some absorbing and her avoidance of the issue , waste of good taxpayers money . Drug deaths best in Europe on her watch .. dreadful ideologal politician in the Corbyn camp of uselessness

Well, I heard about police involvement from SNP insiders, and that's why I asked about the loan when you were making her out to be a saint
    Let's hope she does time in a transgender prison, yep another one of her populism programmes and making our the voters gave her the mandate to deliver that very poor decesion .

These are poor decesions from a very limited politicician who had a good Covid campaign by slagging off her paymasters of Westminster.. who channelled millions into the Scottish economy during Covid allowing her to deliver her own agenda and boudica moments .

Making her out to be a saint? Are you referring to this comment in response to a typical LOM word splatter?

"Sturgeon and Drakeford have their weaknesses and failures, but they are head and shoulders above the shower of corrupt incompetents you usually drool over."

Far from a saint, but despite the latest revelations still 'head and shoulders above'.

Making her out to be a saint? Are you referring to this comment in response to a typical LOM word splatter?

"Sturgeon and Drakeford have their weaknesses and failures, but they are head and shoulders above the shower of corrupt incompetents you usually drool over."

Far from a saint, but despite the latest revelations still 'head and shoulders above'.
    Oh well, you need to do your homework then.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Murrell has been CEO of the SNP for the past 24 years. Sturgeon has been leader or deputy leader of the party for 19 of those years. I would be absolutely amazed if she had no knowledge of his alleged wrongdoing if it turns out that he is guilty.

And if he is charged, tried and found guilty then these two will have set back the cause of Scottish independence more than anyone in the party’s history. Her absurd position on the question of “what is a woman?” has further split a party already at war with itself.

Speculation on the Wings Over Scotland twitter account is that Murrell’s alleged wrongdoing has been on the radar since 2020 and that the only reason that Forbes and Yousef were the two frontrunners for the leadership was that the ‘big beasts’ in the party knew what was coming and viewed the leadership as a poisoned chalice.

It’s quite likely that the party will split with some MSPs and MPs joining Alba. Of course the winner would be the UK state and the Unionist parties as it would be far less likely that a Scottish nationalist government could be formed after the 2026 election and the prospect of holding and winning an independence referendum flushed down the toilet.

Quote Originally Posted by blue sky View Post
    Murrell has been CEO of the SNP for the past 24 years. Sturgeon has been leader or deputy leader of the party for 19 of those years. I would be absolutely amazed if she had no knowledge of his alleged wrongdoing if it turns out that he is guilty.

And if he is charged, tried and found guilty then these two will have set back the cause of Scottish independence more than anyone in the party’s history. Her absurd position on the question of “what is a woman?” has further split a party already at war with itself.

Speculation on the Wings Over Scotland twitter account is that Murrell’s alleged wrongdoing has been on the radar since 2020 and that the only reason that Forbes and Yousef were the two frontrunners for the leadership was that the ‘big beasts’ in the party knew what was coming and viewed the leadership as a poisoned chalice.

It’s quite likely that the party will split with some MSPs and MPs joining Alba. Of course the winner would be the UK state and the Unionist parties as it would be far less likely that a Scottish nationalist government could be formed after the 2026 election and the prospect of holding and winning an independence referendum flushed down the toilet.
    Sturgeon will go down in history as the person who saved the Union, whether by accident or design.
    My post from 16 February.

My post from 16 February.
    Why is there a forensic tent in the garden and why are they digging up the patio at the back

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Why is there a forensic tent in the garden and why are they digging up the patio at the back
    A geezer on twitter has a drone overhead and has posted pictures, the news of this arrest cheered up a dour afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathblue View Post
    A geezer on twitter has a drone overhead and has posted pictures, the news of this arrest cheered up a dour afternoon.
    Probably looking for integrity

International

Ha ha I wonder why she retired, so full of integrity, Boris had a sausage roll which was the crime of the century, what were you and your old man up to?

Yes, this is intriguing indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Ha ha I wonder why she retired, so full of integrity, Boris had a sausage roll which was the crime of the century, what were you and your old man up to?
    Not good enough.

You know the Central Office script.

It is 'a piece of cake' not a sausage roll FFS!

Whatever you do don't mention the endless lying, the one rule for us and another for the commoners, or the contempt for the public!

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Yes, this is intriguing indeed!
    It is.

I thought this was supposed to be about a 'missing' £600k from the SNP accounts?

Theft or fraud or corruption or used as a slush fund?

Do they think it is buried in the back garden?

Or under the patio, TWGL1?

Peter Murrell released By Police Scotland without charge earlier this evening. Odder and odder!

Not good enough.

You know the Central Office script.

It is 'a piece of cake' not a sausage roll FFS!

Whatever you do don't mention the endless lying, the one rule for us and another for the commoners, or the contempt for the public!
    Not everyone views things that way. I don't think he lies any more than most other politician. Actually, maybe he does a bit but not much more! I don't think he broke laws more than most members of the Public, although admittedly he should be way above them. And personally I welcome that our restrictions were generally less than other countries.

That's not a defence as such, but not everyone views that time the same or has the same opinion of it all now.

Why are we talking about Johnson though? This is about the SNP!

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Not everyone views things that way. I don't think he lies any more than most other politician. Actually, maybe he does a bit but not much more! I don't think he broke laws more than most members of the Public, although admittedly he should be way above them. And personally I welcome that our restrictions were generally less than other countries.

That's not a defence as such, but not everyone views that time the same or has the same opinion of it all now.

Why are we talking about Johnson though? This is about the SNP!
    65B94EB2-46D4-481E-AED4-A7C45242B146.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    As I've said on here many times. The tories on here apply 1000% exaggeration filters to the 'left' while applying 10% to their own.

But yeah you've got it right, the only corruption from Boris Johnson was that he ate a sausage roll, excellent as usual NCB.

It is.

I thought this was supposed to be about a 'missing' £600k from the SNP accounts?

Theft or fraud or corruption or used as a slush fund?

Do they think it is buried in the back garden?

Or under the patio, TWGL1?

Peter Murrell released By Police Scotland without charge earlier this evening. Odder and odder!
    Good news, you can go back to your Nicola hero worshipping

Probably looking for integrity
    Na, looking for 1,000's of school door offcuts to recycle in another virtuous scheme of uselessness.

3 billion wasted by SNP say Scottish Labour . Wonder if they could do.better

https://www.scotsman.com/news/politi...labour-3662890