+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 1 - 0 READING. Match thread

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 1 - 0 READING. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Brilliant.
    One in the eye for people like you anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    Its absolutely outrageous a 20 year old isn't the finished product!

Love big phil, love his tights and shin pads the size of postage stamps. If he gets that break I think he'll be a premier league regular. I'd say he's got more out of this season from us, than we have from him if you know what i mean. Will follow with a keen eye.
    Is he actually only 20? Christ assumed he was way older

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    He was infuriating as he seemed to be auditioning for some soul night rather than doing his job of attacking his man. He’s talented but he must learn to make the right decisions.
    Auditioning for some soul night

😂

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Some very unfair comments about Philogene in this thread earlier. I enjoyed watching him, type of player to get you out of your seat on times, one little run with a nutmeg as well was lovely. OK, his final ball wasn’t the best but I thought he gave their defence a torrid time.
    I've been critical of him over the last few months.
    Someone said that he was a street footballer and I kind of agreed with that.

He looked a bit more responsible tonight and I thought he played well, especially when he cut back instead of crossing sending the Reading defender to next week before putting in a decent ball.

I hope that he continues to play like he did this evening....mainly sensible with the odd bit of magic.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Some very unfair comments about Philogene in this thread earlier. I enjoyed watching him, type of player to get you out of your seat on times, one little run with a nutmeg as well was lovely. OK, his final ball wasn’t the best but I thought he gave their defence a torrid time.
    It was me that said he was awful and I can’t for the life of me see him making it as a top level professional footballer.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    It was me that said he was awful and I can’t for the life of me see him making it as a top level professional footballer.
    Whether he does or he doesn't, he was tremendous tonight.
    What game were you watching when you described the players as worse than park players?

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    I think you have got a good manager in. May well prove to be a shrewd move.
    Joe Ralls has played under 12 managers at Cardiff, astonishing. You roll the dice so many times eventually they’ll get one right

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Joe Ralls has played under 12 managers at Cardiff, astonishing. You roll the dice so many times eventually they’ll get one right
    I’m reasonably confident we’ve got a good one now. Hope he fancies the challenge of doing it all again next season

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Ends this summer we hope. We haven’t paid a transfer fee for about three years.
    You've done well to have stayed up last season and to be where you are this season considering that, even if you're slipping a bit now.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Apparently, Villa are looking to sell him in the summer because he only has a year left on his contract.

Thought he did a perfect wing back’s job tonight because he was able to play like a winger most of the game while his team kept a clean sheet.

I hope his next move is the right one. Be interesting to see what Villa's valuation of him is (out of our league, embargo or not i'd say).

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    One in the eye for people like you anyway.
    Yeah I’m sure a Cardiff fan is gutted his team won

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Thought he did a perfect wing back’s job tonight because he was able to play like a winger most of the game while his team kept a clean sheet.
    Agreed - thought he had a decent game. Just because he's someone else's development player, doesn't mean we should expect him to be the finished article. As a fan base we're very supportive of Colwill and Davies for example when they might make a decision where there were maybe better options. Philogene is either going to do something mental or amazing, which I quite like providing it's further up the pitch!

Last night was the best we've played since I can't remember this season - solid and purposeful. I think Wickham, if we can get him fit, might be a handy signing.

I wouldn't mind Alnwick getting a run to keep Allsop on his toes - there isn't much between them from what I can tell, but it's counterproductive to drop a goalkeeper after keeping two clean sheets. It will be interesting to see how that might develop.

Delighted with the week we've had.

we have all had a torrid time, i was quite down and emotional last week, lots going on and the footy just cremed the top off...

what a wonderful feeling this winning malarky is, id forgotten what it felt like

we can win lose or draw next, what counts for now is we have all been asking for this and it arrived

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Ince "nothing between the 2 sides" and blaming the non red card.🤣🤣🤣 Daft tw@t we could have been 3 up at that point.
    the stats say very different..we were all over them

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    the stats say very different..we were all over them
    We beat them with 10 men at the end anyway. Robinson was a complete passenger.

Its a big credit to them to keep attacking and dominating Reading and get the winner after Robinsons injury.

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    I hope his next move is the right one. Be interesting to see what Villa's valuation of him is (out of our league, embargo or not i'd say).
    I don’t think he’s anywhere near premier league level

Yep I was wrong

Sawyers

I picked on a few poor balls but he was clearly good

What’s the Lamouchi chant

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    He's not, like most of the Prem youngsters that get shipped out on loan. Bounce around - couple of months here, couple of months there - and then be sold to a lower league club.

The only downside of last nights win, is Robinson’s injury. Has he done his hamstring,where he could be out for a few weeks? Philogene is such a frustrating player, we never know what his final pass is going to be.

Exactly, that's why he playing for a bottom end Championship side!

What’s the Lamouchi chant
    We’ve got super Sabri Lamouchi, he knows exactly what we need. Kipre at the back, Robbo in attack, we’re on the way to the Premier League.

Or something like that hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Ince "nothing between the 2 sides" and blaming the non red card.🤣🤣🤣 Daft tw@t we could have been 3 up at that point.
    I don't think Andy Carroll with his hand in Ng's face was horrific, but he's half his size and he clearly knew what he was doing. Funny how that never got a mention.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I don't think Andy Carroll with his hand in Ng's face was horrific, but he's half his size and he clearly knew what he was doing. Funny how that never got a mention.
    Ng doesn't do himself any favours with his reactions though.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Well done City.
    Had given up all hope a week ago. Now a chink of light. Long way to go but we are playing better with a manager who knows what he is doing.
    Onwards and upwards hopefully.
    I'm glad I wasn't part of the online meltdown