+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The gambler

The gambler

He's onto a winner, 4 horses up from a possible 6 so far.
    He knows that the 4 are giving him at least 40 quid.
    5 might be 200 quid.
    All six is just short of 3 grand.

The offer on the table is £115.

You're the gambler, what do YOU do?

Let it ride?
    Take the money?
    Let it go one more for maybe £60/70?

Are you a gambler sonny?

Answer the question and then I'll let you know what I did

Re: The gambler

Let it run.

You're only losing your stake.
    If you're going to flake after four why pick six?

Speak from experience of having cashed out an acca of about a grand early and it certainly didn't feel like much of a win after the remaining sides won.

I always let it ride, then lose, then chase my losses, then lose again and become depressed and angry. The life of an impulsive man with an addictive personality.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    I always let it ride, then lose, then chase my losses, then lose again and become depressed and angry. The life of an impulsive man with an addictive personality.
    I feel you.
    Bet cost me 63p, lucky 63.
    I let it ride and took about £45.
    You can't take £115 though when there's close to £3k at stake.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    I feel you.
    Bet cost me 63p, lucky 63.
    I let it ride and took about £45.
    You can't take £115 though when there's close to £3k at stake.
    This weekend Ive been a goal and a corner away from £700. Finally won £158 off a tenner tonight.

I really should stop but I’m nowhere near as bad as I was when drinking too. We can’t all be perfect

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    This weekend Ive been a goal and a corner away from £700. Finally won £158 off a tenner tonight.

I really should stop but I’m nowhere near as bad as I was when drinking too. We can’t all be perfect
    I can't compare to be fair as I do only bet pennies, on the horses anyway.
    50p's or the occasional £1 acca on the football.
    Horse racing is something that's just in my family history, almost in my DNA. It's crooked as f*ck, all-sorts of dodgy shite goes on in horse racing.
    There are little pinches to be had though if you follow it.
    I've had £300ish twice from 63p lucky 63 bet's, and a number of 20/30/40/50 quid wins too.
    Been a while since I've had a decent footy acca up, but I know a fella that hit over £100k from a footy acca.

I can't compare to be fair as I do only bet pennies, on the horses anyway.
    50p's or the occasional £1 acca on the football.
    Horse racing is something that's just in my family history, almost in my DNA. It's crooked as f*ck, all-sorts of dodgy shite goes on in horse racing.
    There are little pinches to be had though if you follow it.
    I've had £300ish twice from 63p lucky 63 bet's, and a number of 20/30/40/50 quid wins too.
    Been a while since I've had a decent footy acca up, but I know a fella that hit over £100k from a footy acca.
    Never been a horse racing fan, always pick donkeys when I do bet haha.

Yeah I’ve seen some massive wins (massive flukes) haha.

The closest I’ve been to anything decent was when I accidentally chose home teams to win
    Instead of both teams to score. Only Swansea let me down for £6000. Had to be them.

£700 off a tenner on the weekend. First bet in months. I look every week, if I don't feel confident I don't bother.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSetter View Post
    £700 off a tenner on the weekend. First bet in months. I look every week, if I don't feel confident I don't bother.
    That's still a nice little raise from a tenner

That's still a nice little raise from a tenner
    Yeah, best ever for me. Had a 100/1 blown by Celtic of all teams once. Never bet on big favourites to win since then.

I follow The Betting Village on Twitter who tips cards. I only do a 5er or 10er here and there, but I've had more success from him than off my accas that never come in.

He also does a large acca of corners, BTTS and total goals once or twice a week that's worth following as they come with research and always go close. He hit a 50-1 on the weekend (it was 100-1 but one of the bets voided so it went to 50-1). Needless to say I cashed out just before injury time for £65 off a fiver in the penultimate game, then they immediately scored keeping the bet alive. The last game needed 10 corners which came in early.

Never cashing out again.

Bookies only offer cash outs for one reason, and it isn't so you get more money out of them...

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    I follow The Betting Village on Twitter who tips cards. I only do a 5er or 10er here and there, but I've had more success from him than off my accas that never come in.
    Cheers for the heads up, just added him on twitter

Let it ride without any doubt.