+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Encouraging Stats creates positivity

Encouraging Stats creates positivity

We all know that Hudson carried on where Morison left off with the playing out of defence style of play.
    It was refreshing to watch in the beginning but Kipre and Ng aside we never looked comfortable with the move breaking down in midfield and us losing possession.
    I for one was fed up with the stats at the end of the game failing miserably on all counts including crosses/shots on target and most importantly possession.
    Everyone’s mood on here has markedly changed for the better since the appointment of Sabri.
    Once again we had radio silence from the board with regards to Hudsons replacement but I really do think that they’ve got it right this time.
    Gone are the tippy tappy play out of defence tactics and we are finally playing football which is not only understood by the fans but also a pleasure to watch.
    From the confidence of playing 3-4-3 we are playing immediately in the opponents half putting them under pressure for a change instead of as before inviting it straight back on us.
    The recognition of actually crossing the ball into the box and using pace out wide to do so is delivering chances.
    The first half yesterday was fantastic and let’s not forget that on the table itself Reading were supposed to be the better side.
    Sabri’s style of play is winning the fans back and most importantly winning football matches.
    Last night’s stats were impressive to say the least and if we carry on playing this way teams above us won’t be wanting to play us.
    Hopefully we get some more deserving luck with results going in our favour later today.
    Blooooobirds 🤩

Re: Encouraging Stats creates positivity

I don't think Hudson played Morison ball personally.

Great stats last night though, he's finding his system with what he's got to work with

As well Dembe the fans want to see passion from their manager
    Morison and Hudson were like two bookends
    We haven’t seen real passion since Malky
    Watching Sabri sprinting down the line in sheer joy and him punching the air in front of the Canton End is exactly what we want to see
    Hopefully his passion will extend to the players and with pure desire and great man management we could be looking at the play offs lol 🫣😂👍

I had a bollocking off my daughter for shouting so loud when we scored, proper caught her off guard as the game petered out and the clock ran down..

We both had a laugh as he sprinted down the touchline arms waving..really was great to see

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I don't think Hudson played Morison ball personally.

Great stats last night though, he's finding his system with what he's got to work with
    yeah I'm not really sure how to describe us under Hudson, definitely a lot more direct than under Morison, but we were even more toothless in attack

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    yeah I'm not really sure how to describe us under Hudson, definitely a lot more direct than under Morison, but we were even more toothless in attack
    Confused? I couldn't work us out.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnysideup View Post
    We all know that Hudson carried on where Morison left off with the playing out of defence style of play.
    It was refreshing to watch in the beginning but Kipre and Ng aside we never looked comfortable with the move breaking down in midfield and us losing possession.
    I for one was fed up with the stats at the end of the game failing miserably on all counts including crosses/shots on target and most importantly possession.
    Everyone’s mood on here has markedly changed for the better since the appointment of Sabri.
    Once again we had radio silence from the board with regards to Hudsons replacement
    but I really do think that they’ve got it right this time.
    Gone are the tippy tappy play out of defence tactics and we are finally playing football which is not only understood by the fans but also a pleasure to watch.
    From the confidence of playing 3-4-3 we are playing immediately in the opponents half putting them under pressure for a change instead of as before inviting it straight back on us.
    The recognition of actually crossing the ball into the box and using pace out wide to do so is delivering chances.
    The first half yesterday was fantastic and let’s not forget that on the table itself Reading were supposed to be the better side.
    Sabri’s style of play is winning the fans back and most importantly winning football matches.
    Last night’s stats were impressive to say the least and if we carry on playing this way teams above us won’t be wanting to play us.
    Hopefully we get some more deserving luck with results going in our favour later today.
    Blooooobirds 🤩
    Good post.

I opened this thread thinking that it must have been started by one of our resident statisticians.

Reporting on good news, what on earth was I thinking?

The silence is deafening.