+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Boxing-Wood v Lara

Boxing-Wood v Lara

Could be worth a watch-I like Lara because he totalled that horrible bastard, Warrington.

Re: Boxing-Wood v Lara

Tonight I was looking forward to an early night in bed falling asleep to some gentle chat with radio 5 on

But as per usual when there is a boxing event its wall to wall of that cobblers for 3 hours

I pay my licence fee for this

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Could be worth a watch-I like Lara because he totalled that horrible bastard, Warrington.
    Should be a great fight. Really looking forward to it.

Can’t believe Smith body slammed Allington 😂

Great knock out at a time Lara looked like he was slightly running out of steam.

Think the towel going in was a decent decision.
    Wood didn't know what day it was. People moaned there were only 7 seconds. Could take less than that to end the guys career if he was as defenceless as he appeared to be.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Great knock out at a time Lara looked like he was slightly running out of steam.

Think the towel going in was a decent decision.
    Wood didn't know what day it was. People moaned there were only 7 seconds. Could take less than that to end the guys career if he was as defenceless as he appeared to be.
    I agree with you, the next punch could have been fatal, or cause long term damage. Although That's the point of view from someone who has never thrown a punch or been in a world title fight, so i can understand why wood was pissed off! Lara can bang as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I agree with you, the next punch could have been fatal, or cause long term damage. Although That's the point of view from someone who has never thrown a punch or been in a world title fight, so i can understand why wood was pissed off! Lara can bang as well.
    Think it was more pride from Wood and the realisation he had lost the fight.

Davison, while not being my favourite bloke in boxing, was damned if he did and damned if he doesn't. I'm not sure Wood had recovered enough and if he leaves that ring on a stretcher because he didn't throw the towel in he gets pelters from many of the same people criticising his decision now.
    The towel is only a suggestion from the cornerman too. If a ref is adamant the fighter can continue he can remove the towel and carry on.

Ive seen Davison criticised for the stoppage but ive no idea what they are looking at. Woods legs have gone and you can see him stumbling when complaining.

I dont think much of Davison as a trainer but thats 100% the correct call.