+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: food shortages

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

food shortages

seem to be a regular occurrence now I go to a supermarket and there are gaps on the shelves. that almost never used to happen

https://twitter.com/FranchiSeedsUK/s...1eG_iXSPw&s=19

Re: food shortages

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    seem to be a regular occurrence now I go to a supermarket and there are gaps on the shelves. that almost never used to happen

https://twitter.com/FranchiSeedsUK/s...1eG_iXSPw&s=19
    ...until Brexit!

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    ...until Brexit!
    Not just down to Brexit though , apparently canned foods, pet food and beer may be in short supply due to a widespread aluminium shortage. Lettuce crops and orange groves were affected by plant viruses. One major producer of lettuce lost 80% of their crop in 2022.

Farming production is way down as well, and there is a major issue with farming in The Netherlands and Dutch farmers angry at government plans to slash emissions used tractors and trucks Monday to block roads and supermarket distribution centers, sparking fears of store food shortages in the latest actions through a summer of discontent in the country's lucrative agricultural sector

...until Brexit!
    More like the cost of fuel meaning famers are switching off green houses. Plus Russia produces about 25% of the world's nitrogen fertiliser, I dont think that is available anymore plus the cost of natural gas which helps produce the fertiliser is also soaring.

The part brexit has played is the red tape issues of making in a pain the backside. I have a mate who used to export to the republic of Ireland - it is a pain - so he bulk exports now instead to a distributor there - and they then re sell it. That's all changing soon though as there is a new agreement on how to do it apparently.

Lack of fertiliser is affecting every country

Two weeks in a row I've been unable to get lettuce or tomatoes on my weekly shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    Two weeks in a row I've been unable to get lettuce or tomatoes on my weekly shop.
    I thought I must have read every gloomy prediction there is. But I was wrong. I'll have to add lettuce and tomato shortages doom to the list of apocalyptic scenarios humanity may face.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    I thought I must have read every gloomy prediction there is. But I was wrong. I'll have to add lettuce and tomato shortages doom to the list of apocalyptic scenarios humanity may face.
    Wasn't all of this covered in the 2021/22 conspiracy theory Ballon D'Or winning great reset thread?

PQbkLfEGZKQ.jpg

There's been no lettuce since Liz left.

You vill eat ze bugs. You vill ride ze bicycles. You vill take ze jabs and ze boosters. You vill clap like demented seals on your doorsteps and you vill use ze vaccine passports. You vill continue to do what our media companies tell you to. You vill think and believe and repeat everything we want as you have always been trained to do. You vill be completely fecked over and you vill like it.

Not saying there are no issues with any foodstuffs ever but I went in Lidl and Co Op yesterday in Cardiff and there were plenty of tomatoes.

I note the thread was started by someone with FBPE in their handle and he reposted from 'Johnny Fawr', who includes #ToryScum, #RejoinEU, #AbolidyTheMonarchy in his.

Perhaps they could offer up their tweets as fertilizer to help growing conditions?

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Not saying there are no issues with any foodstuffs ever but I went in Lidl and Co Op yesterday in Cardiff and there were plenty of tomatoes.

I note the thread was started by someone with FBPE in their handle and he reposted from 'Johnny Fawr', who includes #ToryScum, #RejoinEU, #AbolidyTheMonarchy in his.

Perhaps they could offer up their tweets as fertilizer to help growing conditions?
    Tory agitprop still posting drivel I see.

https://www.theguardian.com/business...-business-live

My colleague Sarah Butler reported last night that unseasonable weather, storms in the Mediterranean and a cut in crops planted in heated glasshouse was leading to shortages in supermarkets.

She wrote:

Two big importers said they were managing to fulfil contracts to their main supermarket clients but had been forced to lower quality specifications, find alternative sources of supply or offer a limited range of options since the chilly weather started in January.

Industry insiders said availability of produce is down by between 30% and 40% on some crops. Wholesale prices have also shot up, adding to inflation in stores as well as empty shelves.

The harvest of peppers was down 70% in Spain and cucumbers by up to 50% in the country’s Almería region, according to the catering supplier Reynolds’ latest crop report.

Climate change, rising energy costs (aka energy companies ripping off the public), and in the UK a lack of European seasonal workers post Brexit, all contributing to food price rises and shortages. The war in Ukraine not helping either.

Of course all of these things are part of the New World Order master plan.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    https://www.theguardian.com/business...-business-live

My colleague Sarah Butler reported last night that unseasonable weather, storms in the Mediterranean and a cut in crops planted in heated glasshouse was leading to shortages in supermarkets.

She wrote:

Two big importers said they were managing to fulfil contracts to their main supermarket clients but had been forced to lower quality specifications, find alternative sources of supply or offer a limited range of options since the chilly weather started in January.

Industry insiders said availability of produce is down by between 30% and 40% on some crops. Wholesale prices have also shot up, adding to inflation in stores as well as empty shelves.

The harvest of peppers was down 70% in Spain and cucumbers by up to 50% in the country’s Almería region, according to the catering supplier Reynolds’ latest crop report.

Climate change, rising energy costs (aka energy companies ripping off the public), and in the UK a lack of European seasonal workers post Brexit, all contributing to food price rises and shortages. The war in Ukraine not helping either.

Of course all of these things are part of the New World Order master plan.
    Jon, as my old grandad used to say, when influential people tell you what they are going to do you should believe them!

Explanation here, but of course nothing to do with Brexshit and the total and utter incompetence of this government https://twitter.com/chrislowndes/sta...qpnxyN5AG7H2QQ

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    Explanation here, but of course nothing to do with Brexshit and the total and utter incompetence of this government https://twitter.com/chrislowndes/sta...qpnxyN5AG7H2QQ
    is there no end to their incompetence

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    You're going to love the climate related restrictions when they kick in.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Klaus and co keep revealing what's coming but it has yet to penetrate the skulls of most.

Klaus and co keep revealing what's coming but it has yet to penetrate the skulls of most.
    Let's hope they've got their models right this time, cos the last ones stole years off people's lives!

dr-evil.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I posted his full address in another thread, the Blue Beamer one, at the World Government Summit. Perhaps you ought to view it. Some reading between the lines will be required to fully grasp what he was foretelling.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    is there no end to their incompetence
    Like I said earlier, but some strangely disagreed, things were swell earlier ....until Brexit!

Like I said earlier, but some strangely disagreed, things were swell earlier ....until Brexit!
    Yep, those brexiteers have a lot to answer for.

https://www.worldbank.org/en/topic/a...ecurity-update

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Maybe we could implement policies that would stop climate change e.g. renewable and nuclear energy to prevent this.

Or is that just part of some global wef Soros conspiracy as well?