+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: QPR sack Neil Critchley

QPR sack Neil Critchley

Neil Critchley alongside assistants Iain Brunskill and Mike Garrity have left with immediate effect.

What a shambles of an appointment that turned out to be.

12 games in charge, he won his first game then failed to get a win in the next 11 inc an FA Cup Rd 3 cup exit to Fleetwood.

Re: QPR sack Neil Critchley

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Neil Critchley alongside assistants Iain Brunskill and Mike Garrity have left with immediate effect.

What a shambles of an appointment that turned out to be.

12 games in charge, he won his first game then failed to get a win in the next 11 inc an FA Cup Rd 3 cup exit to Fleetwood.
    Can Warnock manage both Huddersfield and Qpr?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Can Warnock manage both Huddersfield and Qpr?
    My kind of clubs

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    My kind of clubs

I’ll be honest I thought he was a good option after Morison. Guess wrong club for him..or maybe he’s more of an assistant.

I think of all the manager merry go round this season, Luton with Edwards could be the winner.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    My kind of clubs

Reckon he's gutted he jumped so quick to go to Huddersfield?

18 out of the 24 sides have changed their manager already this season. 4 of us have changed it twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Shot Hamish. View Post
    18 out of the 24 sides have changed their manager already this season. 4 of us have changed it twice.
    If it carries on like this clubs will be reappointing managers that they sacked earlier in the season.

Utter joke of a man. Who the **** leaves a management job to becomes someones number 2?

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    Utter joke of a man. Who the **** leaves a management job to becomes someones number 2?
    Phil Neal?

International

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I’ll be honest I thought he was a good option after Morison. Guess wrong club for him..or maybe he’s more of an assistant.
    Like all of them, assistants and coaches taking Managers' jobs the majority fail, every appointed coach or assistant manager is just a pure gamble, it's like backing a 10-1 horse and hoping.

It's a pity they changed now, they were going down.

Bottom on 4, 6, 8,10, and 12 games
    https://www.soccerstats.com/formtabl...eague=england2

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Shot Hamish. View Post
    That’s incredible and bonkers but yet not surprising

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post

Reckon he's gutted he jumped so quick to go to Huddersfield?
    I doubt he was ever in consideration

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I doubt he was ever in consideration
    For QPR.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Like all of them, assistants and coaches taking Managers' jobs the majority fail, every appointed coach or assistant manager is just a pure gamble, it's like backing a 10-1 horse and hoping.

It's a pity they changed now, they were going down.

Bottom on 4, 6, 8,10, and 12 games
    https://www.soccerstats.com/formtabl...eague=england2
    Critchley has done a good job as a manger, though. He's done extremely well at Blackpool, and extremely poorly at QPR.

Also, QPR weren't going down. They'd cut it fine, but even if they replicated their awful form, they'd just about have enough. They're still 8 clear of the bottom 3.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Critchley has done a good job as a manger, though. He's done extremely well at Blackpool, and extremely poorly at QPR.

Also, QPR weren't going down. They'd cut it fine, but even if they replicated their awful form, they'd just about have enough. They're still 8 clear of the bottom 3.
    I think they might well of they were in freefall, Ainsworth is not the messiah, and I'd love them to give to him he's a massive risk and could still take them down.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post

Real interesting discussion on Not the Top 20 Podcast, QPR built a squad for Beale, Critchley is a completely different manager to Beale. Not a poor manager but shite recruitment from QPR and lack of proper succession planning, they should have never hired him.

It does seem that 10 games is the norm, 15 if you are lucky!