+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Snooker - Ken Doherty

Snooker - Ken Doherty

Does anyone else watch the snooker now and again?
    Why, on earth, is Ken Doherty allowed to commentate? He's the most droney, monotonous, boring man I've ever heard on commentary, I've honestly never heard a more boring bloke in almost 40 yrs of watching/listening to sport.

Seriously, who on earth makes these decisions when it comes to picking commentators?
    I'm sure they're just taking the piss.

Re: Snooker - Ken Doherty

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    Why, on earth, is Ken Doherty allowed to commentate? He's the most droney, monotonous, boring man I've ever heard on commentary, I've honestly never heard a more boring bloke in almost 40 yrs of watching/listening to sport.

Seriously, who on earth makes these decisions when it comes to picking commentators?
    There's not a lot for them to say really is there ?

Same as darts

Is John Virgo still on the scene ?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    There's not a lot for them to say really is there ?

Same as darts

Is John Virgo still on the scene ?
    Not sure, but wish he was tonight. Doherty would make Virgo sound like the most exciting pundit on the planet!

Have you heard the CCTV commentary crew?
    It is like having Mark from Peep Show offering his thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    I have.
    A tenner a match is an insult. Don't get me started... I get the impression that nobody at the club really cares or gives a toss about the channel.
    It's a potential cash-cow if done right, but it's done so badly that it's literally quite shocking.
    If you're in the business of making money, CCTV Is definitely a good lesson in how NOT to go about it

John Virgo was commentating on the Welsh Open from Llandudno last week.

I quite like listening to him. I guess snooker lends itself to droney, monotonous voices in commentary.

I think BBC are getting rid of Dennis Taylor and John Virgo this year after the World Championship. Taylor will be sorely missed as a broadcaster but I find Virgo annoying. I'm sure lots would disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    agreed