+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Things you know now that you wish you knew sooner in life

Things you know now that you wish you knew sooner in life

Don't cling to toxic relationships, they may be family or friends, but long term it's you that matters. Don't let others drag you down.

Looking after your body/mind really is important. Starting to realise this late thirties isn't ideal..

Re: Things you know now that you wish you knew sooner in life

Health is wealth, prioritise it above EVERYTHING

Alcohol and you do not mix, steer clear lad

Don’t get married at 23, enjoy yourself

Lifting heavy weights may make you into a unit but it’ll Fck you up when you hit 40

On the positive side, it’s never too late to make a positive change to your life.

Everything!

Do things you enjoy, don't wait about in the pub wishing you could do this and that.. you can..you don't need anyone to hold your hand..

How long have you got? Primarily, unless you're doing something illegal or immoral, don't worry about what people think. Also, take the sedative they offer when you have a colonoscopy.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Everything!
    this

International

to buy 50,000 bitcoins in February 2011 when they were $1 each then sell at the high of $48,086 in 2022.

I'd be worth $24,043,000,000.

Not sure how much that is but it looks quite a lot

That regret is generally a waste of time. One makes a decision based on available knowledge and circumstance and all kinds of factors and you should go easier on yourself for the road not taken.

Don't eat the yellow snow

Too many things to put down

That if you go and watch a Cardiff game you may slowly become a supporter and spend a stupid amount of time and money watching shit football while also inflicting it on your kids

"When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much he had learned in seven years."

Don’t plan to do fun things, trips, weekends away, holidays in three years time, do them in three weeks time, life’s short. Enjoy the present and the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Don’t plan to do fun things, trips, weekends away, holidays in three years time, do them in three weeks time, life’s short. Enjoy the present and the near future.
    You must be ****ing loaded

That all of the things that you spend hours and hours worrying about, rarely end up happening, get rid of time wasters, charge more for your labour (value your skills) **** work and all the shit that goes with it. Appreciate good people.

Ask the lady out. you miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    You must be ****ing loaded
    Jet2, Tui and P&O Cruises are f*cking milking me ........it’s frigging great, I wants to be the skintest man in Thornhill eventually

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Jet2, Tui and P&O Cruises are f*cking milking me ........it’s frigging great, I wants to be the skintest man in Thonhill
    I'm flying with Tui in june. Do they still do an on board meal? I'm talking to Majorca Remember flying with them when my kids were little and people were tucking right in, on a two hour flight!

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I'm flying with Tui in june. Do they still do an on board meal? I'm talking to Majorca Remember flying with them when my kids were little and people were tucking right in, on a two hour flight!
    I flew with them the other week, two meals, free couple of drinks, own telly with decent films as well.

There are two things I say to my wife which are linked. Don't stress about the things you can't control. Don't fret over decisions you have made, you made your choice based on what you knew when you made the decision.

Regarding fitness I'd say, always stay fit. Once you lose your fitness it's harder to recover the older you get.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Don't cling to toxic relationships, they may be family or friends, but long term it's you that matters. Don't let others drag you down.

Looking after your body/mind really is important. Starting to realise this late thirties isn't ideal..
    Jesus……

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Health is wealth, prioritise it above EVERYTHING

Alcohol and you do not mix, steer clear lad

Don’t get married at 23, enjoy yourself

Lifting heavy weights may make you into a unit but it’ll Fck you up when you hit 40

On the positive side, it’s never too late to make a positive change to your life.
    Even more important to keep healthy in your 40’s which can be tough if you have kids or work a lot.
    Turned 50 last year and started just cycling and running for the first time in ages, run about 20k a week now, down to about 11 stone and feeling better than for a long time. Barely drink anyway but will have a few now and then. Life short, do what you enjoy and it’s really important to sack off people who drain you, often we don’t see this until it’s years too late, maybe never.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Even more important to keep healthy in your 40’s which can be tough if you have kids or work a lot.
    Turned 50 last year and started just cycling and running for the first time in ages, run about 20k a week now, down to about 11 stone and feeling better than for a long time. Barely drink anyway but will have a few now and then. Life short, do what you enjoy and it’s really important to sack off people who drain you, often we don’t see this until it’s years too late, maybe never.
    Well done mate, makes a massive difference to keep active mentally and physically.

I lost two stone over lockdown and felt amazing. I need to get back on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Jesus……
    Don't be 60 trying to get bites on the internet

To have kept my Ford Capri from 1985 in mint condition.