+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Whatever happened to this forum ?

Re: Whatever happened to this forum ?

Quote Originally Posted by truthpaste View Post
    Indeed, and there's no doubt that the forum is simply a reflection of society and it's rapid descent....

A writer looking a couple of millenia ahead of his time wrote this:-

"....people are going to be self-absorbed, money-hungry, self-promoting, stuck-up, profane, contemptuous of parents, crude, coarse, dog-eat-dog, unbending, slanderers, impulsively wild, savage, cynical, treacherous, ruthless, bloated windbags, addicted to lust, and allergic to God. They’ll make a show of religion, but behind the scenes they’re animals.."
    Who wrote that?

Not that I'm ageist or anything but this place has skewed more "old and angry" in recent years. All the young'uns took their posting talents to twitter.

This is still the best City forum though and it's not even close.

It comes from the same compendium that includes a reference to a deity that instructed for children to be killed.

Quote Originally Posted by truthpaste View Post
    Indeed, and there's no doubt that the forum is simply a reflection of society and it's rapid descent....

A writer looking a couple of millenia ahead of his time wrote this:-

"....people are going to be self-absorbed, money-hungry, self-promoting, stuck-up, profane, contemptuous of parents, crude, coarse, dog-eat-dog, unbending, slanderers, impulsively wild, savage, cynical, treacherous, ruthless, bloated windbags, addicted to lust, and allergic to God. They’ll make a show of religion, but behind the scenes they’re animals.."
    Nothing wrong with animals: they're often better than humans

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Who wrote that?
    I think that is supposed to be Paul writing to Timothy (2 Timothy 3:1-5). Truthpaste is a fan.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I think that is supposed to be Paul writing to Timothy (2 Timothy 3:1-5). Truthpaste is a fan.
    I thought that it was Charlie Chaplin's Speech from 'The Great Dictator'

Most of the self absorbed, rude, hypocritical people I’ve met believed in their imaginary friends so that quote is rubbish

There are just not enough people on here now. So it frequently breaks down into arguments between just two posters.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    There are just not enough people on here now. So it frequently breaks down into arguments between just two posters.
    Could you imagine if all us lot merged with those on the other board? Then we'd have shenanigans!

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Could you imagine if all us lot merged with those on the other board? Then we'd have shenanigans!
    The 'Banter' board? Yeah, there would be bother. Haven't seen Nugent on here, pissed up and banned from El banterio for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I hope you're not being nasty to the Righty Headbangers!

Stewart Lee is brilliant - and very funny.

I value good comedic timing and great build ups like the next person but this is just like listening to somebody with dementia, it's unbearable, according to the logic of this messageboard that somehow makes me right wing!?

Quote Originally Posted by Splott-light... View Post
    I value good comedic timing and great build ups like the next person but this is just like listening to somebody with dementia, it's unbearable, according to the logic of this messageboard that somehow makes me right wing!?
    People with Dementia can be very funny sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I went to the second night. It was excellent. It’s all about context. Lee’s shows often last for more than two hours and much of the material is linked. It’s not a show full of one-liners. Therefore, brief clips don’t really tell the story.

Still, each to their own. I also like Ricky Gervais, although his latest show wasn’t a patch on Lee’s.
    his shows last in excess of two hours because he repeats the build up lines to the punch over and over, I can't imagine his shows are chock full of laughter from start to finish

People with Dementia can be very funny sometimes.
    i'm sure, bless them

his shows last in excess of two hours because he repeats the build up lines to the punch over and over, I can't imagine his shows are chock full of laughter from start to finish
    Very few comedians, if any, have sets that are chock full of laughter from start to finish. It's all subjective, though. I love Lee's stuff. Meanwhile, some of the most popular comedians in the country leave me cold.

Shirley he's still loads better than Michael MacIntyre although he's less energetic?

Very few comedians, if any, have sets that are chock full of laughter from start to finish. It's all subjective, though. I love Lee's stuff. Meanwhile, some of the most popular comedians in the country leave me cold.
    Lee Evans is appalling in my opinion, Micky Flanagan, i like him, He describes my marriage perfectly.

absolutely, it'd be a boring old existence if we only had one or two options to choose from

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Shirley he's still loads better than Michael MacIntyre although he's less energetic?
    How that MacIntyre is classed as a comedian, Christ knows. Nepotism? Isn’t/was his old man involved in entertainment somewhere along the line? The Cameron Toshack of comedy.

I'm not super into stand-up. Although there a few comedians whose specials I will always watch, Dave Chappelle, Bill Burr, Ricky Gervais and Marc Maron. And obviously, Louis CK before he got canceled. I like Sarah Silverman too.

I went to a comedy club once. It was pretty sad.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    How that MacIntyre is classed as a comedian, Christ knows. Nepotism? Isn’t/was his old man involved in entertainment somewhere along the line? The Cameron Toshack of comedy.
    He's in the same camp as that guy from the show in Barry. What's his name? Corden.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    It's true

Under dave Jones we had that black fella up front , ex England player , Micheal something

He wasn't very good but that wasn't the point

We were in the ninian park car park waiting for a burger pre game

On the Tuesday night he had missed a penalty given when Cameron Jerome was pulled down

A feeble effort

Anyway someone remarked that our fella must not be allowed to take any more penalties ......which we all agreed with

My then mates old man said , which was a lovely contribution ........

That fecking ***** has been eating too much jungle food the black etc etc

So I pissed off to the ground

That's what happened stan me old chum
    Congratulations on allowing racism to go unchallenged by walking away.

Kick it Out! are currently making you a medal.

This board or group within started to personally attack people they disliked, so much for community and friendship and freedom to speak without being abused .

Shame on you .