+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Davies, Colwill, Are they injured?

Re: Davies, Colwill, Are they injured?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I think it's the defensive deficiencies plus the stop start nature of his season due to injury problems.

I think there's been a noted improvement in him defensively this season compared to last season (let's face it, he couldn't get much worse in that respect) but it's still a weakness. I would say though there is far too much emphasis on defensive characteristics in our side and it's unsurprising that we've scored so few as a result. We have plenty of players who can put in a shift defensively but very few who can pick a pass or look particularly good going forward. That's partially why I mentioned the thing about having Whyte on the bench or Colwill? It's about having options to change games, we have a pretty samey squad but in Colwill (and Davies) we have players who can offer something different.
    I really hope that he kicks on and shows us what he's about (Colwill) nothing better than a player who has the ability to change a game, for me, it makes the game worth watching. Colwill may well be a victim of the clubs circumstances over the past few years, certainly in terms of style of play and jumping from one crisis to the next without any kind of plan. He may even need to move on in order to progress, same with Davies.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I really hope that he kicks on and shows us what he's about (Colwill) nothing better than a player who has the ability to change a game, for me, it makes the game worth watching. Colwill may well be a victim of the clubs circumstances over the past few years, certainly in terms of style of play and jumping from one crisis to the next without any kind of plan. He may even need to move on in order to progress, same with Davies.
    If I was either of the two mentioned I'd be talking to the manager and looking at my options purely from a selfish point of view.

Nobody gives you these years back once your career is done.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    They're not featuring for City then?

Why do I need Google when you do it for me?
    Because like sludge, you ask questions on here you can ask a search engine. It's almost like you've got an agenda to push, and need to ask them on here to generate a reply...

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Because like sludge, you ask questions on here you can ask a search engine. It's almost like you've got an agenda to push, and need to ask them on here to generate a reply...
    Why start any threads on here at all if that is the case?

No agenda. Just think our owner and board are crap and not fit for purpose.

Not an agenda, just my opinion.

As for the search engine method, old TLG above has shown how you can fall foul of that.

Why start any threads on here at all if that is the case?

No agenda. Just think our owner and board are crap and not fit for purpose.

Not an agenda, just my opinion.

As for the search engine method, old TLG above has shown how you can fall foul of that.
    Threads generate conversation.

Threads generate conversation.
    Didn't you ask a question about goals scored in the derby a short while back?
    Could you not have googled that? Or does Google only apply when it suits?

If I was either of the two mentioned I'd be talking to the manager and looking at my options purely from a selfish point of view.

Nobody gives you these years back once your career is done.
    You think they haven't explored their options?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    You think they haven't explored their options?
    Probably. Just saying with the lack of chances here I would do.

Didn't you ask a question about goals scored in the derby a short while back?
    Could you not have googled that? Or does Google only apply when it suits?
    It was aimed at a specific poster. I like to keep the resident statto on his toes. He feels needed then.

It was aimed at a specific poster. I like to keep the resident statto on his toes. He feels needed then.
    Could have Googled it though.

I'll remember the ccmb rule that you can't ask questions unless it is to Eric for future.

Could have Googled it though.

I'll remember the ccmb rule that you can't ask questions unless it is to Eric for future.
    You can have your pout or whatever this is.

What was the thread title I asked the question in? Could it have been an attempt at interaction with said poster?

Another decent thread discussion ruined by Lewj.

It’s no secret Tan wanted more players to be brought through, otherwise what’s the point of him running an academy? It’s not cheap to run. Hes seeing it at other other Championship clubs, none more so than the jacks where they develop, sell for big money to pay for the academy, and repeat.

Did we try and bring too many through at the same time? Probably but we complained for years about signing 30+ year olds instead of giving youngsters a chance and as has been pointed out a lot of them only had a handful of games anyway, it’s not like we were playing 6 in the first XI all season.

Davies and Colwill were meant to be the best of what was regarded as one of the best young team in many years. Time will tell if they will make it but If Burnley are offering 2.5 million and we are rejecting that looking for double for him Davies has obviously got something and I don’t see him fading down the leagues like many young players before him.

We're in a relegation battle, managers go more defensive in their selections, preferring experience over youth.

If kids with talent are being ignored, being taught safety first rather than taking risks, their natural talent is being wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by logic View Post
    We're in a relegation battle, managers go more defensive in their selections, preferring experience over youth.
    That's not really happening with Lamouchi, though. After all, Etete is two months younger than Davies, while Philogene is only two months older than Colwill. The manager is currently happy to go with Etete and Philogene, but not with Davies or Colwill.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post

It’s no secret Tan wanted more players to be brought through, otherwise what’s the point of him running an academy? It’s not cheap to run. Hes seeing it at other other Championship clubs, none more so than the jacks where they develop, sell for big money to pay for the academy, and repeat.

Did we try and bring too many through at the same time? Probably but we complained for years about signing 30+ year olds instead of giving youngsters a chance and as has been pointed out a lot of them only had a handful of games anyway, it’s not like we were playing 6 in the first XI all season.

Davies and Colwill were meant to be the best of what was regarded as one of the best young team in many years. Time will tell if they will make it but If Burnley are offering 2.5 million and we are rejecting that looking for double for him Davies has obviously got something and I don’t see him fading down the leagues like many young players before him.
    I still won't make things up to make myself seem ITK though.

But his value will plummet if he doesn’t get any game time

Colwill is currently crap and ‘potential’ or not, doesn’t deserve a place in the squad

Davies does surprise me though, definitely someone that would be on my bench every week

I still won't make things up to make myself seem ITK though.
    Is that the best you got?

Is that the best you got?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    That's not really happening with Lamouchi, though. After all, Etete is two months younger than Davies, while Philogene is only two months older than Colwill. The manager is currently happy to go with Etete and Philogene, but not with Davies or Colwill.
    Etete and Davies are entirely different types of strikers though. Lamouchi seems to want the greater height and presence up front.

Philiogene, the loan deal may have "must start X games in it". Who knows? Equally, he's a wide player and Colwill isn't.

Burnley made an offer on Davies, so they must see something in him. Colwill should've been loaned out in Jan, if there was any interest. He's playing with seemingly little confidence.

What would everyone else do if they came in, I think most would have Davies in the squad.

Personally don’t see Colwill close to the squad at the moment, what’s he done recently that makes anyone think he offers enough.