+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best nicknames

Best nicknames

Following on from another conversation elsewhere on the forum, what are the most innovative and funny nicknames you’ve heard over the years?

Re: Best nicknames

Former QPR defender Fitz Hall's nickname - One Size. I thought that was a good 'un.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Former QPR defender Fitz Hall's nickname - One Size. I thought that was a good 'un.
    Haha brilliant

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Haha some of them are great. “The snipers nightmare” haha

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Haha some of them are great. “The snipers nightmare” haha
    I'd be a snipers dream the size of my bonce

Another I always liked - former Everton, Wrexham and Swansea keeper Dai Davies, who won more than 50 caps for Wales in the 70's and 80's but often looked like a disaster waiting to happen - Dai the Drop.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Another I always liked - former Everton, Wrexham and Swansea keeper Dai Davies, who won more than 50 caps for Wales in the 70's and 80's but often looked like a disaster waiting to happen - Dai the Drop.
    Bet he loved that

Sussex County Cricket Club had two brothers who played for them last century. They were called Antony and Mike Buss. Their nicknames were: ' Omni,' and, 'Trolley.'

StT.
    <><

Newcastle fans playing on the Welsh tradition of putting ‘the’ into a nickname like Dai the Milk, Ivor the Post etc christened outstanding Welsh centre forward, Wyn Davies, Wyn the Leap.

A bloke got sacked from work with me for pinching money, he was from Yorkshire,
    He was nicknamed the 'Yorkshire dipper'

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Bet he loved that
    Dracula ......afraid of crosses

Following on from another conversation elsewhere on the forum, what are the most innovative and funny nicknames you’ve heard over the years?
    I remember a suggestion that Matthew Upson should name his first born son “Chin” 👍🏼

Heard of a bloke who'd had a toe amputated so had the nickname Kodak.
    (He only had 4 toes)

I grew up with a lad who had a terrible toileting accident when we were about 6, in school. He was forever known as 'Shitty Darren' Harsh.

I heard of a Welsh bloke called Dai Eighteen Months because he'd lost half an ear....

Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    I heard of a Welsh bloke called Dai Eighteen Months because he'd lost half an ear....
    There's a bloke in Ponty called Isiah.

Coz one eye is higher than the other.

There’s some real crackers in here

My nickname growing up was Sydney (Syd) purely because my Nan brought me a T-shirt with Sydney on it back from Australia. Simple ones are the best haha

Believe it or not this was on Google news feed.. sure it was Wales online as well.

Can't remember any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I grew up with a lad who had a terrible toileting accident when we were about 6, in school. He was forever known as 'Shitty Darren' Harsh.
    😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

We had quite a lot of people from overseas at my last job, including two Spaniards called Juan. One was Juan and the other was Juan 2.

Some good ones here but Kiki "Chris" Musampa is a "cracker"!

https://betting.boylesports.com/13-b...icknames-time/

Allan Lamb was known as Legga. Martin Offiah....Chariots.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    We had quite a lot of people from overseas at my last job, including two Spaniards called Juan. One was Juan and the other was Juan 2.
    Work with someone who's surname is King...
    Hence why we call him Juan