+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Notts County falter at last...

Re: Notts County falter at last...

Quote Originally Posted by cityhammer View Post
    Thats not what he said. so no correction necessary, He said that if we support what is good for welsh football then how about Swansea finishing well in EPL for 10 years!

Watched this game last night
    Notts County should have won 8-2
    Hit the post a couple of times
    Four penalty shouts turned down
    A couple cleared off the line
    Great game to watch though

[QUOTE=The

However, I don’t really understand your claim that what’s happening at Wrexham is all that’s wrong with modern football. I don’t know what that means to be honest. Everything I hear and read about what’s happening at Wrexham seems positive. [/QUOTE]

They've had an artificial leg up from money men that has given them an advantage against teams around them in that league who have less finances.
    The new Salford City if you like.
    It's no coincidence They've started flying up the league since they've signed players of a higher quality than the league they are in.
    It's my belief and I may be wrong because I haven't looked into it that the football clubs are not financially scrutinised at that level so when and if they reach the league it might be a wake up call for the yanks.
    Also how can you disagree with a claim if you don't know what it means?

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    I’ve got a personal interest as I contributed and travelled along with several coach loads of City fans when Wrexham were in financial trouble. I hope they & Notts County both get promoted as they’re miles ahead of the rest of the division
    Yes, it seems unfair that only one spot is available as an automatic promotion place. As you say Des, they should both go up.

Would like to see Wrexham over anyone else getting promoted if only for the prospect of a North South derby.

The love--in for them on here and much of the media just because a Hollywood star(s) is involved is nauseating though.

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    They've had an artificial leg up from money men that has given them an advantage against teams around them in that league who have less finances.
    It's no coincidence They've started flying up the league since they've signed players of a higher quality than the league they are in.
    It's my belief and I may be wrong because I haven't looked into it that the football clubs are not financially scrutinised at that level so when and if they reach the league it might be a wake up call for the yanks.
    Same as us then

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Would like to see Wrexham over anyone else getting promoted if only for the prospect of a North South derby.

The love--in for them on here and much of the media just because a Hollywood star(s) is involved is nauseating though.
    not sure its a " love-in" just because Hollywood stars are involved, for people who have watched Welcome to wrexham, its a insight and a little bit of a nice story, team struggling after being shafted by past owner/s comes good, lets be honest, Wrexham is a real working class town, the towns supporters would have welcomed a bit of a " feel good session " surely we cant deny them that

for me, who the owners were didint matter, not in the slightest, in fact I didnt even know who Rob was ( and had only seen deadpool guy in the " free guy movie ", which was crap )

we all love a small guy come good story, this is it

Quote Originally Posted by Pembroke blue View Post
    Their WELSH not too hard to understand
    I can't understand it though. The North Welsh is different from the South Wales Welsh I think.

Did I say I disagreed with it?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Did I say I disagreed with it?
    Well do you ?

We had the same leg up when Sam spent um well somebody’s money giving us an unfair advantage. The same was said when Bellemy was signed on loan. Other contenders were up
    in arms. Moaning about some teams having money is a bit daft.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    We had the same leg up when Sam spent um well somebody’s money giving us an unfair advantage. The same was said when Bellemy was signed on loan. Other contenders were up
    in arms. Moaning about some teams having money is a bit daft.
    What Dave said.

Well do you ?
    I don’t disagree with your observation that Wrexham are doing well because they’ve been given a financial leg-up. That’s blatantly obvious.

I’m still puzzled by your claim that it’s all that’s wrong with modern football, though. After all, there’s nothing modern about wealthy people backing football clubs and those clubs having a financial advantage over their competitors as a result of that backing. That’s been happening for all of the time I’ve followed football, and I started in 1975.

Perhaps the effect is magnified in the present era, but it’s certainly not a new development by any means.

As for Wrexham, good luck to them. During some of my first few years as a football fan they were a Second Division side and their supporters have endured some terrible times, so I don’t begrudge them a bit of low-level success. But the same goes for Notts County.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I’m not bothered about Wrexham. In my experience, their fans used to despise Cardiff when we were competing against each other. For me, a City fan willing Wrexham to do well is the equivalent of a Bristol City fan willing Chesterfield to do well. It’s a bit odd.

However, I don’t really understand your claim that what’s happening at Wrexham is all that’s wrong with modern football. I don’t know what that means to be honest. Everything I hear and read about what’s happening at Wrexham seems positive. Do you reckon they were in better shape in the good old days when they were verging on bankruptcy?
    I fully agree with your 2nd paragraph.

Although I also see your point in the first one, I don’t think that way. For me one of the things I love most about football is the opportunity to have a ‘dog in every race’… (of course if Cardfiff City are in any way included then they are my only choice). For example I want Chelsea to beat Spurs today… it won’t bother me if they don’t but I’d like them to win

I have been taken in by the Wrexham story, but living in Canada probably brings a stronger affinity as I admittedly have a bit of a man crush on Ryan Reynolds who is Canadian and just an overall good guy. Couple that with the fact Wrexham are Welsh and I’m thousands of miles from home and I am unashamedly wamting Wrexham to get promoted. At the moment their result is the 2nd one I look for

https://www.transfermarkt.com/champi...saison_id/2012

Doesn't go back to League 1 for the Hamman years, but I imagine we were the division's biggest spenders at least a couple years.

Personally I have no trouble with what Wrexham are doing. Other than being not from the UK it seems like Reynolds and McElhinney are dream owners, and they seem to be open and respectful with the fans. And I do think it's good for Welsh football to have as many league clubs with academies and providing a path for Welsh lads to play first team league players as possible. I seem to remember Notts County have had a season or two where they've spent big to get back into the top divisions as well, didn't they hire Sol Campbell at one time and feck it all up?

Quote Originally Posted by LA Bluebird View Post
    https://www.transfermarkt.com/champi...saison_id/2012

Doesn't go back to League 1 for the Hamman years, but I imagine we were the division's biggest spenders at least a couple years.

Personally I have no trouble with what Wrexham are doing. Other than being not from the UK it seems like Reynolds and McElhinney are dream owners, and they seem to be open and respectful with the fans. And I do think it's good for Welsh football to have as many league clubs with academies and providing a path for Welsh lads to play first team league players as possible. I seem to remember Notts County have had a season or two where they've spent big to get back into the top divisions as well, didn't they hire Sol Campbell at one time and feck it all up?

you know Tan's not welsh right ?

I can't stand Wrexham or the love in for them.
    It's bollox of the highest order
    Totally agree…..remember when we all loved little old Swansea Town ….remind me how that went.

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    Totally agree…..remember when we all loved little old Swansea Town ….remind me how that went.
    You know how it goes , people these days support “The Current Thing” , doesn’t they

Wrexham have given the BNP types in the North of England a few slaps over the last few years

It's Wrexham for me

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Wrexham have given the BNP types in the North of England a few slaps over the last few years

It's Wrexham for me
    Yeh they have but I’m just talking about the football team not politics or football violence on this occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Yeh they have but I’m just talking about the football team not politics or football violence on this occasion.
    I wasn't talking to you butt

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post

Meanwhile Wrexham have added to their squad by signing winger Ryan Barnett, 23, from Solihull for an undisclosed fee (how can they do that?) https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/64763440
    To answer the question in the very first post of this thread… there aren’t transfers windows in non league anymore, haven’t been for a good few years now.

If it was the City this happened to you’d be coming in your Y fronts 😁

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    If it was the City this happened to you’d be coming in your Y fronts ��
    Exactly!..if it's us we deserve it but woah!!!! any one else is cheating or getting a leg up etc etc. Pathetic mean and spiteful.
    I'm happy to see a welsh club...yes they are welsh, that were on their arse getting a life line to survival and a bit of success.