+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Notts County falter at last...

Notts County falter at last...

Like Wrexham, they've kept on winning until this afternoon's 1 - 2 home defeat to Dagenham.

So Wrexham, (beat Dorking 3 - 1 at home), are 2 points behind County with 2 games in hand. First of those games in hand is Tuesday night at home to Chesterfield who are currently 5th but haven't won any of their last 5 (3 draws). Wrexham also have Notts County to play at home in April. County's slip should put a spring in Wrexham's step for the run-in

Meanwhile Wrexham have added to their squad by signing winger Ryan Barnett, 23, from Solihull for an undisclosed fee (how can they do that?) https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/64763440

Re: Notts County falter at last...

I can't stand Wrexham or the love in for them.
    It's bollox of the highest order

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    I don't quite understand it either. I don't hate Wrexham, and i wouldn't mind them getting back into league football, but i wouldn't mind Notts County getting back up as well.

tough...it's only going to get even more crazy as they go up.Their owners aren't football people but they know how to sell something.

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    tough...it's only going to get even more crazy as they go up.Their owners aren't football people but they know how to sell something.
    Tough on the knobheads sucking it up.
    It's all that is wrong with modern football.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I don't quite understand it either. I don't hate Wrexham, and i wouldn't mind them getting back into league football, but i wouldn't mind Notts County getting back up as well.
    I really want Notts Co to go up as oldest League club and disappointed they lost today. I'd prefer Wrexham to go up before the newer clubs but just as happy if Chesterfield or Southend go up instead.

been going on for 30 years plus..nothing new

I'd rather Wrexham get in than Notts County, but it won't bother me if they don't.

What get's on my nerves is all this "good for Welsh football" bollocks. Because kids in Wales won't play football if Newport or Wrexham aren't in the league?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I'd rather Wrexham get in than Notts County, but it won't bother me if they don't.

What get's on my nerves is all this "good for Welsh football" bollocks. Because kids in Wales won't play football if Newport or Wrexham aren't in the league?
    I suppose the theory is the higher up they are in the league system the more money for investment in youth coaching, facilities etc for local kids so they'll develop more quality players for Wales

I’ve got a personal interest as I contributed and travelled along with several coach loads of City fans when Wrexham were in financial trouble. I hope they & Notts County both get promoted as they’re miles ahead of the rest of the division

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I suppose the theory is the higher up they are in the league system the more money for investment in youth coaching, facilities etc for local kids so they'll develop more quality players for Wales
    There may be some truth to that. But how many of our "Golden Generation" came through Welsh youth systems? The best Welsh player any of us have ever seen started at Southampton.

The biggest clubs have always spent the most money haven't they?

There may be some truth to that. But how many of our "Golden Generation" came through Welsh youth systems? The best Welsh player any of us have ever seen started at Southampton.
    6 of the starting XI v Belgium came through at Welsh clubs and I doubt Ashley Williams would have become the player he did without Swansea.

We'll always have players come through at English clubs, but Cardiff & Swansea are vital for the Welsh national team at senior and youth level. If Wrexham can add to that and start producing some players then it surely can't be bad for Welsh football?

You lost your mind before, when I said factory jobs are shits. You are bang out of order for calling people who like Wrexham knobheads...

The higher up the league system more of our clubs are maybe these players won't go to Southampton ;)

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    6 of the starting XI v Belgium came through at Welsh clubs and I doubt Ashley Williams would have become the player he did without Swansea.

We'll always have players come through at English clubs, but Cardiff & Swansea are vital for the Welsh national team at senior and youth level. If Wrexham can add to that and start producing some players then it surely can't be bad for Welsh football?
    How about Swansea thriving as well, a decade of top ten finishes in the premier league, that would also be good for Welsh Football. Got to consider the bigger picture i suppose......

Got nothing against Wrexham but they may as well be an Instagram influencer

How about Swansea thriving as well, a decade of top ten finishes in the premier league, that would also be good for Welsh Football. Got to consider the bigger picture i suppose......
    I want each of us in the Premier League doing as well as possible

As long as we beat them all home and away of course...

I’m not bothered about Wrexham. In my experience, their fans used to despise Cardiff when we were competing against each other. For me, a City fan willing Wrexham to do well is the equivalent of a Bristol City fan willing Chesterfield to do well. It’s a bit odd.

However, I don’t really understand your claim that what’s happening at Wrexham is all that’s wrong with modern football. I don’t know what that means to be honest. Everything I hear and read about what’s happening at Wrexham seems positive. Do you reckon they were in better shape in the good old days when they were verging on bankruptcy?

Their WELSH not too hard to understand

A decade..slow down cowboy

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I’m not bothered about Wrexham. In my experience, their fans used to despise Cardiff when we were competing against each other. For me, a City fan willing Wrexham to do well is the equivalent of a Bristol City fan willing Chesterfield to do well. It’s a bit odd.

However, I don’t really understand your claim that what’s happening at Wrexham is all that’s wrong with modern football. I don’t know what that means to be honest. Everything I hear and read about what’s happening at Wrexham seems positive. Do you reckon they were in better shape in the good old days when they were verging on bankruptcy?
    My last memories of Wrexham is my mate driving away whilst local youths (approx 8-10 years old) threw rocks at us haha lovely lads.

After watching “Welcome to Wrexham” it’s hard to not get dragged in to the story.

The new owners are very clever and know what they’re doing but also seem to genuinely care about the club and community. A far cry from our arrogant, rebranding monster of an owner.

It’ll be interesting whether their interest wanes when times get tough.

How about Swansea thriving as well, a decade of top ten finishes in the premier league
    Have to correct that. Swansea were in the PL for 7 seasons, finishing just inside the top half twice.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    the equivalent of a Bristol City fan willing Chesterfield to do well.
    I suppose if there was a plethora of Welsh league clubs geographically placed between Cardiff and Wrexham I'd agree. For me it would be good for the north of the country to have a side in the English league.

Of course I'm being hypocritical here as I'd laugh my todger off if Swansea went out of the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Have to correct that. Swansea were in the PL for 7 seasons, finishing just inside the top half twice.
    Thats not what he said. so no correction necessary, He said that if we support what is good for welsh football then how about Swansea finishing well in EPL for 10 years!