+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ten Dollar Death Trip - Netflix - Fentanyl addiction North America

International

Ten Dollar Death Trip - Netflix - Fentanyl addiction North America

Based in Vancouver, downtown east side, wow Fentanyl 100 times more powerful than morphine the equivalent of four grains of salt is enough to kill the average adult, the new Heroin but much stronger.

It's a hard watch, wait till it hits the rest of the World, it's killing thousands, the US lost 72,000 people to overdose deaths last year, and Canada lost 8,000, it's an eye-opener.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeLWzvHwbBQ

Re: Ten Dollar Death Trip - Netflix - Fentanyl addiction North America

I watched it before Christmas, the interview with the dealer is hard to watch ( it all is really ) as he knows he is selling Fentanyl and its going to oil his friend

saw another one and it tells the story of a promising college QB ( tipped to be a NFL star ) and he takes some ( backstreet ) painkillers for a shoulder injury and its been cut with Fentanyl , 3 - 4 salt grains sized dose can kill you, its frightening that they are mixing it in with anything, as its so cheap and so easy too make, the kit form from China costs something like $100 and can make $25 K of Fentanyl in the kitchen ( or something like them figures )

I went down a YouTube / netflix rabbit hole watching Fentanyl docu's, fascinating

International

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    I watched it before Christmas, the interview with the dealer is hard to watch ( it all is really ) as he knows he is selling Fentanyl and its going to oil his friend

saw another one and it tells the story of a promising college QB ( tipped to be a NFL star ) and he takes some ( backstreet ) painkillers for a shoulder injury and its been cut with Fentanyl , 3 - 4 salt grains sized dose can kill you, its frightening that they are mixing it in with anything, as its so cheap and so easy too make, the kit form from China costs something like $100 and can make $25 K of Fentanyl in the kitchen ( or something like them figures )

I went down a YouTube / netflix rabbit hole watching Fentanyl docu's, fascinating
    Yes, it is frightening, ghettos full of walking zombies, one hit and many are on it for the rest of their short lives. They said the same figures, $400 from China can sell for $100K, and that dealer said he knew 40 people including friends that had died, many of whom he had supplied.

All different colours and sizes mixed with all sorts of stuff, a couple of grains too much, and the customer dies, it's Russian roulette.

What are Vancouvers drug laws like ?

In every country where even the possession of hard drugs is a criminal offence ....USA , UK, the drug war is completely lost

I watched a documentary about a father who investigates the death of his kid, there was a doctor dishing out opioid medication.

Fentanyl is being found in cocaine now as well which is a lot more mainstream than heroin. Will be devastating when it hits over here.

Well we have a choice

Legalise or lessen the penalties enabling users to access clean drugs without the threat of crime

Or follow America

It seems Canada is getting its ideas from Portugal who are way ahead of the US and UK when it comes to drugs policy and treatment programmes

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/07/26/h...ver-drugs.html

International

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I watched a documentary about a father who investigates the death of his kid, there was a doctor dishing out opioid medication.

Fentanyl is being found in cocaine now as well which is a lot more mainstream than heroin. Will be devastating when it hits over here.
    Yep, they are mixing it in with cocaine as it's so addictive, they can get many more new middle-class repeat customers, coming to a town near us, it is going to be devastating!

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Yep, they are mixing it in with cocaine as it's so addictive, they can get many more new middle-class repeat customers, coming to a town near us, it is going to be devastating!
    As long as we have right wing governments in then , yes , we will reap the stupidity of medieval drug laws

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    https://www.netflix.com/gb/title/810...entIntent=true

Ignore sludge trying to turn it into an anti torie thread.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post

I know nothing about these things but why add it to cocaine if it’s lethal? Forget ethics for a minute. If I manufactured drugs, why would I do something to my product that might kill off my end user? It makes no business sense?

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    I know nothing about these things but why add it to cocaine if it’s lethal? Forget ethics for a minute. If I manufactured drugs, why would I do something to my product that might kill off my end user? It makes no business sense?
    This wasn't in the documentary I watched, I posted 2 separate things in one post sorry.

I've just read about them finding it in cocaine. Same with Heroin, why add it to that? You'd have to say it's because it's cheap. And probably a good buzz if not added in a lethal dose?

End user does, new one comes along.

Sad but true.

Good name for a Band

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post

It is scary stuff. The wife used to work in the needle exchange in Riverside and a huge worry was fentanyl ending up here….strangely still hasn’t really but no doubt it will particularly when it can be sourced with far less hassle than heroin. Isn’t it what killed Prince?

Sickening to watch that to be fair. So so sad that drugs have taken hold of “normal” people.

I walked through that part of Vancouver a couple of years ago. It’s amazing how compact into a couple of blocks it is. The major tourist area is only a couple of blocks away. I’ve honestly never seen such a concentration & open use of drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    It is scary stuff. The wife used to work in the needle exchange in Riverside and a huge worry was fentanyl ending up here….strangely still hasn’t really but no doubt it will particularly when it can be sourced with far less hassle than heroin. Isn’t it what killed Prince?
    I'm not sure why certain drugs haven't flooded in yet. Crystal meth is another, it has ravaged the poorest parts of America for years but doesn't seem to have migrated across the Atlantic on a large scale

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
    I'm not sure why certain drugs haven't flooded in yet. Crystal meth is another, it has ravaged the poorest parts of America for years but doesn't seem to have migrated across the Atlantic on a large scale
    I might be able to partly answer this question.

I have colleagues in the banking sector who are based in London. Apparently meth is about 5x more expensive than coke so it prices out the majority of people.

They reckon that it's mainly taken by "the gay scene" in Knightsbridge etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Tito Fuente View Post

I have colleagues in the banking sector who are based in London. Apparently meth is about 5x more expensive than coke so it prices out the majority of people.

Kensington Frensington

Yet it is used in Australia and South East Asia. I've wondered why meth has never found its way to the UK, glad it never as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tito Fuente View Post

The fact that it is expensive would suggest limited availability? Strange how it's the go to trailer park drug over there but has an exclusive tag here. Or maybe just shows how flooded the market is by cocaine.

The fact that it is expensive would suggest limited availability? Strange how it's the go to trailer park drug over there but has an exclusive tag here. Or maybe just shows how flooded the market is by cocaine.
    Good point on the cocaine market being flooded. There's not just the one dealer in your local now every pub has multiple options

Agree on the trailer park drug as well.
    I've heard stories off my old school mate who was hooked on it out in Thailand for months, he's back over here now but he said it was a horrible trap to fall into, and my mate who lived in Australia said you could easily start smoking it one day and blink and you're 8 days in. Seems worse than crack..

International

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Well we have a choice

Legalise or lessen the penalties enabling users to access clean drugs without the threat of crime

Or follow America

It seems Canada is getting its ideas from Portugal who are way ahead of the US and UK when it comes to drugs policy and treatment programmes

There is another way.
    Sneakily add Fentanyl to every single hit of every banned drug and kill all the users in 1 hit.
    Reduce drug induced violence, reduce stabbings, reduce muggings, and clean up the streets all in one hit!!

Sorted!

We’ve already lost some celebrities to it as well, Prince, Tom Petty, Michael K Williams to name a just a few.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    Very profitable and highly addictive apparently.

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/fentan...ry?id=96827602

https://www.addictioncenter.com/comm...tanyl-cocaine/

Frightening, it will come to all parts of the UK eventually, it's probably already in some areas in London.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Well we have a choice

Or follow America

Not sure that its working in Vancouver ( VC ) they have prescribed hard drugs ( Herion ) to keep it clean from holes in the wall type of dispensaries , but it has just attracted more and more in, then they use Fentanyl to extend the high, its now spreading from Downtown east side to the rest of VC , the streets lined with Tents, crime ( street crime, muggings, assault ) is spiralling out of control, its up near 25%