+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Boxing - Tommy Fury v Jake Paul

Re: Boxing - Tommy Fury v Jake Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Barry Bastad View Post
    All that fights confirmed is that any decent boxer at that weight would destroy either these guys
    Obviously. They're both under 10 fights into a career.

Hard watch that. Jake Paul still can't box for shit, yet Tommy's so bad, Paul still caused him problems.
    That ref was a clown, let them fight ffs, any wrestling and you start docking points. He seemed to deliberately want to run the clock down.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    Hard watch that. Jake Paul still can't box for shit, yet Tommy's so bad, Paul still caused him problems.
    That ref was a clown, let them fight ffs, any wrestling and you start docking points. He seemed to deliberately want to run the clock down.
    Yeah. What an idiot for pulling them apart and making them fight again.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Yeah. What an idiot for pulling them apart and making them fight again.
    He was a clown. Wasted way too much time sending them right back to their corners and taking the fire out of it.
    Any ref worth his salt starts dishing out final warnings and docking points. The wrestling soon stops.

Ones a YouTuber ones a reality star neither is a boxer and that much was clear from that fight.

Poor fight, doubt I’ll bother with the rematch. Glad I didn’t pay for it

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Poor fight, doubt I’ll bother with the rematch. Glad I didn’t pay for it
    Agree, feel exactly the same

Fury the better boxer, used his jab well, should've doubled up on it. I was entertained.

Reading this thread, I really do believe this is a case of ignorance being bliss.

they shouldn't even have a career

they are getting non-boxing fans into watching boxing, my daughters house in Uni all watched it, the 1st fight they have ever seen

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    they are getting non-boxing fans into watching boxing, my daughters house in Uni all watched it, the 1st fight they have ever seen
    My son sat and watched the whole fight and he's never watched boxing with me before. He wasn't bothered about the actual world championship fight either!

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Yeah, and how many watching a "fight" between a social media "influencer" and a reality TV "star" are then going to watch actual boxing, with actual boxers?

The "fight" was god awful, a ridiculous split decision to set up a second fight, which Paul will "win" to set up a third fight.

Quote Originally Posted by logic View Post
    Yeah, and how many watching a "fight" between a social media "influencer" and a reality TV "star" are then going to watch actual boxing, with actual boxers?
    None of them, apart from those that are already boxing fans, but we all knew this.

I'm not against the celebrity circus if I'm honest, it has it's place in terms of entertainment value as last night clearly showed. What frustrates me is some of the nonsense that goes with it, such as talk about giving these bums an actual ranking, or Jake Paul calling out Carl Froch ffs...

Neither deserves an official ranking of any sorts based on last night's performance, and Froch could have buried both of them at the same time, in the same ring.

I was hoping that Jake Paul might have improved somewhat, and given us a better fight, but sadly that clearly wasn't the case. He managed to make Tommy Fury look like a boxer. That's some accomplishment to be fair, but not in a good way

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    they shouldn't even have a career
    You're on a wind up. Enjoy your day.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Fury the better boxer, used his jab well, should've doubled up on it. I was entertained.
    It was OK, I could see they were both rubbish but was hoping Fury would knock him out.

Take it for what it was a couple of amateurs having a go, a ridiculous amount of money for that, but that's the crazy new world we live in.

None of them, apart from those that are already boxing fans, but we all knew this.

I'm not against the celebrity circus if I'm honest, it has it's place in terms of entertainment value as last night clearly showed. What frustrates me is some of the nonsense that goes with it, such as talk about giving these bums an actual ranking, or Jake Paul calling out Carl Froch ffs...

Neither deserves an official ranking of any sorts based on last night's performance, and Froch could have buried both of them at the same time, in the same ring.

I was hoping that Jake Paul might have improved somewhat, and given us a better fight, but sadly that clearly wasn't the case. He managed to make Tommy Fury look like a boxer. That's some accomplishment to be fair, but not in a good way
    To be fair Carl Froch is desperate for attention and Jake Paul didnt actively go looking to call Froch out it was the other way around if anything. I doubt Jake Paul had much knowledge about Froch until he was played interviews of Froch slagging him off and put on the spot.

Paul probably earned more last night than Froch did in his entire career. Good luck to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    To be fair Carl Froch is desperate for attention and Jake Paul didnt actively go looking to call Froch out it was the other way around if anything. I doubt Jake Paul had much knowledge about Froch until he was played interviews of Froch slagging him off and put on the spot.

Paul probably earned more last night than Froch did in his entire career. Good luck to him.
    Froch must've made more than 7 million?

He fought in front of EIGHTY THOUSAND PEOPLE at Wembley stadium.

🤣🤣

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    It was OK, I could see they were both rubbish but was hoping Fury would knock him out.

Take it for what it was a couple of amateurs having a go, a ridiculous amount of money for that, but that's the crazy new world we live in.
    That's the market.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    That's the market.
    Apparently to be anything these days you need a social media following.

Want to be a boxer? Instagram tiktok

Want to start a fashion brand? Same

Even need one to run a ****ing burger van.

I doubt it.
    To be fair, Hilts also has a point about Froch being desperate for attention too, I'm not sure that he called Jake Paul out, but he definitely made it clear that if Paul beat Fury, he'd take the fight.

In all fairness, these guys, such as Froch and that whole older brigade... They must be pretty pissed off at how much these clowns are making these days. I can understand why Froch would want in, even at 45. Easy money in the bank.

I doubt it.
    To be fair, Hilts also has a point about Froch being desperate for attention too, I'm not sure that he called Jake Paul out, but he definitely made it clear that if Paul beat Fury, he'd take the fight.

In all fairness, these guys, such as Froch and that whole older brigade... They must be pretty pissed off at how much these clowns are making these days. I can understand why Froch would want in, even at 45. Easy money in the bank.
    Pissed off? Or happy to step in and slap him for easy money?

Pissed off? Or happy to step in and slap him for easy money?
    Pissed off that they made nowhere near as much after 20+ years of busting their balls and clean living. Obviously happy to slap for big money. Why am I bothering to explain what you already knew I meant, ya clown 🤡

Pissed off that they made nowhere near as much after 20+ years of busting their balls and clean living. Obviously happy to slap for big money. Why am I bothering to explain what you already knew I meant, ya clown 🤡
    Why would he be pissed off? He had a good career and made decent money.

The whole world is changing, social media etc is having a big influence. It's a different era.

You don't have to explain anything, you're another boring multi account zzx