+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ryan Allsop

Re: Ryan Allsop

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I'm talking about Philogene's goal, I don't think that was the near post? It looked like it went through their keeper from where I was
    Sorry, yes that was a howler.

My mistake, I read it on the Allsop thread and got defensive lol

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    You can see why, cost us points again today, could have done better with all three maybe should have stopped the first or second, although the defence had the worst game in ages today too!
    He should have saved all three of them? You are joking I take it - how was he to blame for the winner or the first one? The second one was typical Allsop, it was an easier chance than the first goal, but Allsop kept it out and yet it all looked awkward and you were left asking could he have done better? There’s lots of goals he’s let in I ask that question about, but the lack of absolute howlers from him makes me err on the side of generosity with him.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Allsop has his weak points, but slagging off the keeper in a team with our scoring record is like trying to fix a windscreen wiper on a car with no brakes.
    True

Some on here have to find a scapegoat. Today it’s Allsop, the rest of the side today were abysmal so you can’t single out one. That is what happens on this board though.

Allsop had no chance, the defensive lapses that lead to the goals are unforgivable.

He is not a good keeper but he’s hardly helped by the ineptitude in front of him.

As for Swansea’s keeper, Jesus Christ

I’d get Neil Etheridge back, he’s better than anything we’ve got.

Etheridge would be head and shoulders better than anything we have, Allsop is average at best, the other one, is just not Championship standard.

International

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    He should have saved all three of them? You are joking I take it - how was he to blame for the winner or the first one? The second one was typical Allsop, it was an easier chance than the first goal, but Allsop kept it out and yet it all looked awkward and you were left asking could he have done better? There’s lots of goals he’s let in I ask that question about, but the lack of absolute howlers from him makes me err on the side of generosity with him.

I said he SHOULD HAVE DONE BETTER WITH ALL THREE.

I've looked at the highlights and feel the same, the first two were wide from our left outside the six-yard box, if the keeper gets his angles right you can't score from there, it's a tiny slither to aim for. The first he hit it straight at him high, hard, and fast granted but he never laid a glove on it. The second he hit it straight at him he got a hand to it not firm enough against his post and back out again and in before he moved. The third was hard to save but flew to the right of him, back out and across the goal to the other side, he eventually started to move across but too slowly.

Etheridge would have saved at least one of the first and second, and Marshall would have saved the first two and got closer to the third.

The defence has protected him all season, when they had a bad game and needed his help he failed them.

I bet you Sabri or whoever gets a new keeper if we stay up, and probably even if we go down.

A decent keeper would have prevented the first two goals.

To be fair to him a decent defence wouldn’t have put him in that situation.

International

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    A decent keeper would have prevented the first two goals.

To be fair to him a decent defence wouldn’t have put him in that situation.
    Agreed the defence was appalling, but over the season they've been pretty good, they needed help yesterday, they got none.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Agreed the defence was appalling, but over the season they've been pretty good, they needed help yesterday, they got none.
    True, last line of defence not good enough

Diabolical so far today

Horrible 'keeper. Every time he rushes from goal my heart is in my mouth waiting for the error. Almost cost us again a few times today. Has to be top of the priority list in the summer, regardless of division.

Fills me with zero confidence, we need a new goalie next season 100%

Fills me with zero confidence, we need a new goalie next season 100%
    For a long period of time, we've had our fair share of dodgy defenders, ineffectual midfielders, and strikers who couldn't hit the proverbial barn door. However, the one position we've always seemed to get right is that of 'keeper.
    Allsop isn't THAT bad, it's just we've been spoiled over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    For a long period of time, we've had our fair share of dodgy defenders, ineffectual midfielders, and strikers who couldn't hit the proverbial barn door. However, the one position we've always seemed to get right is that of 'keeper.
    Allsop isn't THAT bad, it's just we've been spoiled over the years.
    We have been lucky to have two top class keepers vying for the number one jersey, you’re right.

I think most have seen enough of him this year to disagree.

We have been lucky to have two top class keepers vying for the number one jersey, you’re right.
    Not now, obviously. But over the years we've been blessed with some quality 'keepers.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Not now, obviously. But over the years we've been blessed with some quality 'keepers.
    Yeah it’s a position we’ve taken for granted I suppose

Yeah it’s a position we’ve taken for granted I suppose
    I suppose that’s what you get with free transfers. Hopefully he won’t get relegated for the second season in a row.

Not very good.

Doesn't matter what we've had in the past. He's pretty crap.

He's not shit. We've just been spoiled for good 'keepers for quite some time.

Just saw this and would like to submit it as evidence that Allsop is indeed as shit as my eyes suggests he is:

AllsopIsShit.jpg

https://imgur.com/a/2RypGkH

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    I suppose that’s what you get with free transfers. Hopefully he won’t get relegated for the second season in a row.
    It’d be his third consecutive relegation from the Championship- went down with Wycombe in 20/21 and Derby in 21/22 (albeit with a massive points deduction).

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    Just saw this and would like to submit it as evidence that Allsop is indeed as shit as my eyes suggests he is:

AllsopIsShit.jpg

https://imgur.com/a/2RypGkH
    I'm not surprised that graphic shows him as being one of the worst in the division. I'd take almost any of the others listed with the exception of maybe Amos and Fisher. I think Steffan at Boro is also a weak link in their team.

When Morison set us up to be ultra defensive and we needed a sweeper keeper Allsop is amongst the best I've seen with his feet. Unfortunately we need a keeper good with his hands.

International

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    I'm not surprised that graphic shows him as being one of the worst in the division. I'd take almost any of the others listed with the exception of maybe Amos and Fisher. I think Steffan at Boro is also a weak link in their team.

When Morison set us up to be ultra defensive and we needed a sweeper keeper Allsop is amongst the best I've seen with his feet. Unfortunately we need a keeper good with his hands.

Poor again, he's cost us so many points recently, although McGuiness was more responsible yesterday, I think he can improve and put things right in the coming games, we will need to slot NG back into a central back three, as a spare he can be very good.