+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Gabriele Biancheri - Man United

Re: Gabriele Biancheri - Man United

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    Thanks for clearing that up. Not sure why you brought him up really but I'm sure you had your reasons.
    He shifts the conversation about when it's not going the way he wants.

One you notice it once you'll see a recurring theme

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    He shifts the conversation about when it's not going the way he wants.

One you notice it once you'll see a recurring theme
    The Irony

When is your next vanishing act ?

The academy is not just made up of local lads, so the debate on the quality of local lads is not completely relevant.
    Take Ralls, for example. He was brought in late in his development, but he did spend time with the Academy, so it served a purpose for the First Team in that instance.
    I’m gutted Biancheri left the club, but I don’t blame him for taking an opportunity like that. He is still following Cardiff City on social media and has “liked” posts from the weekend.
    Despite the challenges, I believe in having an academy and I don’t think that going all out and doing a Brentford is the right way forward because they’ve got a massive pool of players being let go by other London clubs to choose from, so getting them to sign is an easier sell than getting them to come to Cardiff and that’s before you consider their league position and record of bringing players through.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    The academy is not just made up of local lads, so the debate on the quality of local lads is not completely relevant.
    Take Ralls, for example. He was brought in late in his development, but he did spend time with the Academy, so it served a purpose for the First Team in that instance.
    I’m gutted Biancheri left the club, but I don’t blame him for taking an opportunity like that. He is still following Cardiff City on social media and has “liked” posts from the weekend.
    Despite the challenges, I believe in having an academy and I don’t think that going all out and doing a Brentford is the right way forward because they’ve got a massive pool of players being let go by other London clubs to choose from, so getting them to sign is an easier sell than getting them to come to Cardiff and that’s before you consider their league position and record of bringing players through.
    Well if Brentford have got rid of their academy then it's as you suggest that being a smaller club they can tempt nearly almost possibly players from the big boys without having to find them

I would like teams like Brentford , Brighton etc to win the Premier league just to piss off the big clubs

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    We released Lockyer 12 years ago so I wasn't sure whether we're still counting him as one that got away or not. Fair enough to include him but it took nearly 10 years for him to become a Championship player and he's only 'overtaken' us in the last year or two, what were we meant to be doing with him in the meantime? Similar can be said for Andrew Hughes at Preston. Regan Poole seems to be following a similar path. Players develop in different ways, are we meant to stockpile every youth player till they retire in case one or two of them come good in a decade or so's time?

Ben Nugent is a good example. Malky bigged him up and said he'd be a future captain of the club. We gave him games but it never quite happened for him, or Oshilaja, and it turns out ten years later we'd have been better off keeping Lockyer but I'm not sure any club has got a foolproof system for stopping that kind of thing happening. Would you have released Spence but kept Harris a few years ago? If you and Sludge think we can put out a competitive Championship side made up of local lads then that's your opinion, I respect it (in your case) but disagree.

I was only teasing about Philogene and Kaba, it was just funny the way that turned out. I said the same about Kaba after about 40 minutes yesterday, I turned to my lad and said Kaba isn't great and he said 'his build-up play, yes, but he's one of those. Give him a chance and he'll bury it'. He made a mug out of me there.
    We were promoted to the Premier League twice in the time that it took Lockyer to work his way back to the Championship. He dropped down to the National League with Bristol Rovers at one point for goodness sake. The idea that the club made a mistake releasing him is nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    The Irony

When is your next vanishing act ?
    I'll leave of you walk into a pub full of drink south Wales mancs and scoisers and call them the names you're brave enough to online with your keyboard.

I don't live on here Judo John. Life sometimes gets busy, stuff comes up, I disappear. Sometimes a rest is good, it's not easy working 60 hour weeks whilst caring for someone and having your own parental responsibility. Not all of us jump on the dole.

I'll leave of you walk into a pub full of drink south Wales mancs and scoisers and call them the names you're brave enough to online with your keyboard.

I don't live on here Judo John. Life sometimes gets busy, stuff comes up, I disappear. Sometimes a rest is good, it's not easy working 60 hour weeks whilst caring for someone and having your own parental responsibility. Not all of us jump on the dole.
    I do think the phrase ‘South Wales Mancs & Scousers’ is a little contradictory. It’s akin to saying look at that Welsh Englishman over there

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I do think the phrase ‘South Wales Mancs & Scousers’ is a little contradictory. It’s akin to saying look at that Welsh Englishman over there
    It's what they call themselves init, but yeah I know what you mean.

No wonder you vanish when you post crap like you have on the crash thread

I am surprised you havnt been banned , its beyond comment really

I won't be speaking with you again on here

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    No wonder you vanish when you post crap like you have on the crash thread

I am surprised you havnt been banned , its beyond comment really

I won't be speaking with you again on here
    You've said worse. Plenty of times.

Usually palm it off as Partridge comedy. You get away with it.

That's a thread on its own, nothing to do with this one. Oh look the classic sludge deflect.

Judo John the Mothercare hide and seek champion. Usually spotted in Matalan specials.

Remember you were going to get a lawyer

Got really serious as well didn't you

The difference between me and you Champ is that I'll get on with my day to day life if I had a permanent ban from here, you'd crumble, because it's your life.