+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Sky Are reporting .....

Sky Are reporting .....

"Up to 12 Cardiff players are facing huge cuts to their salaries if they want to stay next season, with some told they can be offered only £30,000 to re-sign."

This is the latest round of cost cutting.

Re: Sky Are reporting .....

Quote Originally Posted by NottinghamBlue View Post
    "Up to 12 Cardiff players are facing huge cuts to their salaries if they want to stay next season, with some told they can be offered only £30,000 to re-sign."

This is the latest round of cost cutting.
    Yes its the egg chasers.🤣🤣🤣

Whyte, Harris sang and Bagan are out of contract

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Yes its the egg chasers.������
    Thanks for clarifying that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Whyte, Harris sang and Bagan are out of contract
    wrong shape ball as someone earlier has said

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Yes its the egg chasers.🤣🤣🤣
    It is but it's not something to laugh about (or is it?)

Sport in the UK is going through a massive transition and something - and I don't know what that something is - is going to go pop soon

The revenue will take another hit after covid with amount of people not spending at games, massive takeup of people who are going for IPTV; companies not sponsoring as much.

It will hit rugby and I also think about football too. In this particular case, the players will fly out of Cardiff Blues as soon as possible and will have a huge knock on effect

Quote Originally Posted by poc View Post
    wrong shape ball as someone earlier has said
    yeah I figured as much as hopefully none of our players will be on £30k a week, and £30k a year is too low.
    thought I'd look to see who is out of contract anyway.
    I would keep Bagan out of those lot, but it seems he's out of favour these days

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    yeah I figured as much as hopefully none of our players will be on £30k a week, and £30k a year is too low.
    thought I'd look to see who is out of contract anyway.
    I would keep Bagan out of those lot, but it seems he's out of favour these days
    I think they all need to go.

You did have hope for Bagan and I think he would have played more under Morison this season after Collins injury but I just don’t think he has it.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post

Sport in the UK is going through a massive transition and something - and I don't know what that something is - is going to go pop soon

The revenue will take another hit after covid with amount of people not spending at games, massive takeup of people who are going for IPTV; companies not sponsoring as much.

It will hit rugby and I also think about football too. In this particular case, the players will fly out of Cardiff Blues as soon as possible and will have a huge knock on effect
    hope they dont try and fly from cardiff airport

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post

You did have hope for Bagan and I think he would have played more under Morison this season after Collins injury but I just don’t think he has it.
    He has got a bit about him going forward, but gets caught out of position too much defensively for my liking. Might make a better left midfield option.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post

I wouldn't be so critical.

It's much more difficult to impress in a struggling team, just as it is much easier to shine in a team doing well.
    Alexander Arnold for Liverpool is a case in point (no I'm not comparing Bagan with TAA).

From memory Bagan did pretty well when we steadied the ship last year in the transfer window upon the cavalry arrival of Drameh, Hugill and Doyle.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    I wouldn't be so critical.

It's much more difficult to impress in a struggling team, just as it is much easier to shine in a team doing well.
    Alexander Arnold for Liverpool is a case in point (no I'm not comparing Bagan with TAA).

From memory Bagan did pretty well when we steadied the ship last year in the transfer window upon the cavalry arrival of Drameh, Hugill and Doyle.
    Yeah he’s ok going forward but defensively pretty poor, can’t seem to head the ball either.

I expected him to look a step above for the u21 but the times I’ve seen he’s looked no better than anyone else.

Football is way bigger, with more income than egg chasing.

Quote Originally Posted by logic View Post
    Football is way bigger, with more income than egg chasing.
    You should change your name to captain obvious

Yeah. People using IPTV is forcing wages down.

Quote Originally Posted by HiVis View Post
    You should change your name to captain obvious
    lol.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    You missed the legend that is Uche.

Quote Originally Posted by NottinghamBlue View Post
    You missed the legend that is Uche.
    Worryingly I’d still have him on the bench and I bet he would get a goal or two.