+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Female rock bands

Female rock bands

Just to show that I can occasionally post things other than moaning at people on here .

For those that like rock music, I have just come across a band called ‘The Warning’ on facebook. They were formed in 2013 and are three sisters from Monterrey, Mexico. In 2013 they were only aged 8, 11 and 14 ! They were staggeringly good then, bearing their ages in mind but have now morphed into an excellent band, writing their own material and appear to be just breaking, mainly in the USA currently but they are also appearing at Download Festival over here this summer. They have already released three albums, the latest of which was ‘Error’ in 2022. Check out this track called ‘Evolve’ from that album and see what you think -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_RB0tRI624

Re: Female rock bands

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Just to show that I can occasionally post things other than moaning at people on here .

For those that like rock music, I have just come across a band called ‘The Warning’ on facebook. They were formed in 2013 and are three sisters from Monterrey, Mexico. In 2013 they were only aged 8, 11 and 14 ! They were staggeringly good then, bearing their ages in mind but have now morphed into an excellent band, writing their own material and appear to be just breaking, mainly in the USA currently but they are also appearing at Download Festival over here this summer. They have already released three albums, the latest of which was ‘Error’ in 2022. Check out this track called ‘Evolve’ from that album and see what you think -

not my cup of tea better stick to moaning at people

the shaggs, the slits, kleenex,the raincoats. yes i know the drummer was male

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post

It's radio friendly hard Rock, I prefer metal

Quote Originally Posted by + the native hipster View Post
    the shaggs, the slits, kleenex,the raincoats. yes i know the drummer was male
    Heard of the slits but only because of the name

The rest no idea

probably the best female band I saw was sleater kinney, but warpaint were not far behind.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Heard of the slits but only because of the name

The rest no idea
    kleenex changed their name to liliput [copyright reasons] if that helps

FFs Sludge , where have you been

Quote Originally Posted by + the native hipster View Post
    kleenex changed their name to liliput [copyright reasons] if that helps
    More likely to have been trade mark reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    More likely to have been trade mark reasons.
    you missed that it's actually spelt, LiLiPUT

Luscious Jackson

Breeders

Plenty of studenty female bands but not much rock or metal

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Luscious Jackson

Breeders

Plenty of studenty female bands but not much rock or metal
    hard rock, soft rock, punk rock ? the runaways, we've got a fuzzbox and we're gonna use it

did someone mention fuzzbox . saw then 1986 oh the memories

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Dcxgtc9so8

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    did someone mention fuzzbox . saw then 1986 oh the memories

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Dcxgtc9so8

I saw fuzzbox just a couple of years ago at the Ritx in Manchester. They were the support act for either Sleeper or the Wonderstuff

Quote Originally Posted by fugsyphil View Post
    I saw fuzzbox just a couple of years ago at the Ritx in Manchester. They were the support act for either Sleeper or the Wonderstuff
    Sleeper were led by Louise Werner

?

Sort of lightweight indie nonsense ?