+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: "Investors" still interested in City?

"Investors" still interested in City?

https://thetransferroom.com/others/e...desire-to-stay

Don't know anything about the people behind this story, but you have to think that the Emiliano Sala situation will need to be resolved before anyone seriously contemplates bidding for the club.

Re: "Investors" still interested in City?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

Don't know anything about the people behind this story, but you have to think that the Emiliano Sala situation will need to be resolved before anyone seriously contemplates bidding for the club.
    I’m going to be generous and suggest the author of the report (story) is talking utter bollocks and plucking his details from his own arse?

He states Tan doesn’t want to sell to cover his lack of credible information. Twitter journalists really grate.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    I’m going to be generous and suggest the author of the report (story) is talking utter bollocks and plucking his details from his own arse?

He states Tan doesn’t want to sell to cover his lack of credible information. Twitter journalists really grate.
    I can't believe "he's still attached to the club and doesn't want to sell". He's losing money hand over fist, and he must know he's not flavour of the month with the fans

Unless he's a masochist he can only be holding off for the "right offer' which may never come.

First Team

I genuinely don't understand why anyone would invest in a football club, especially debt ridden and loss making basket cases, like ourselves.

Even if you are a diehard local billionaire supporters what joy can you get from a club knowing full well that you are going to become a figure of ridicule at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    I genuinely don't understand why anyone would invest in a football club, especially debt ridden and loss making basket cases, like ourselves.

Even if you are a diehard local billionaire supporters what joy can you get from a club knowing full well that you are going to become a figure of ridicule at some point.
    Increased international profile, status symbol, money laundering, writing off taxable gains

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Increased international profile, status symbol, money laundering, writing off taxable gains
    So in summary any potential candidate would appear to be an egotistical, tax dodging criminal.

I guess there may be a few of them about .

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    So in summary any potential candidate would appear to be an egotistical, tax dodging criminal.

I guess there may be a few of them about .
    Maybe it's this bloke:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jho_Low

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

Ah, Alex Wallace.

"Chief Writer at the United Transfer Room covering all things Manchester United on a regular day to day basis as an established freelance journalist.

Manchester United content includes in person match day coverage, quotes, exclusive interviews, regular news stories and extensive transfer coverage.

A third and final year sports journalism student at the University of South Wales in Cardiff, Wales"

Quality journalism.