+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mansfield Fans Away At Wimbledon , What Football Is All About

Mansfield Fans Away At Wimbledon , What Football Is All About

A small town in the football wilderness between Nottingham, Sheffield , Derby etc with loads of more fashionable clubs to follow

But 900 of them went down to Wimbledon today and got a win and the celebrations will be seen by their fans on the football highlights tonight and those fans that went will be buzzing in the same way we were when we cast adrift in the lower leagues but got a few results together

I hate the Premier league and I simply can't talk to people close to Cardiff or indeed Swansea that walk around in Liverpool and United tops

These people havnt got a clue

I would say if I was to be asked if I had sides I would consider to be teams I was fond of outside of CCFC it would be the likes especially of Mansfield , Rochdale , Bury and the like

God bless em

Re: Mansfield Fans Away At Wimbledon , What Football Is All About

Life’s too short Sludge… move on

Mansfield is approx half the size of Derby and has a population of 110,000 it’s hardly a small town.

It’s not like, say for example, Bridgend…

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    A small town in the football wilderness between Nottingham, Sheffield , Derby etc with loads of more fashionable clubs to follow

But 900 of them went down to Wimbledon today and got a win and the celebrations will be seen by their fans on the football highlights tonight and those fans that went will be buzzing in the same way we were when we cast adrift in the lower leagues but got a few results together

I hate the Premier league and I simply can't talk to people close to Cardiff or indeed Swansea that walk around in Liverpool and United tops

I would say if I was to be asked if I had sides I would consider to be teams I was fond of outside of CCFC it would be the likes especially of Mansfield , Rochdale , Bury and the like

God bless em
    The thing that keeps those Mansfield fans going is the hope that one day they will get to the Premier League and play with the big boys. Thats what it is all about. If teams like Bournemouth and Brentford can do it, so can they. To continually denigrate the top division misses the point totally.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    The thing that keeps those Mansfield fans going is the hope that one day they will get to the Premier League and play with the big boys. Thats what it is all about. If teams like Bournemouth and Brentford can do it, so can they. To continually denigrate the top division misses the point totally.
    The top division is all about money , more so than its ever been

I know you are a tory and probably think that the power of the market place is king but I think its immoral

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Mansfield is approx half the size of Derby and has a population of 110,000 it’s hardly a small town.

It’s not like, say for example, Bridgend…
    Mansfield , Lincoln , Shrewsbury , Hereford , Aldershot

Small towns where the locals who follow their teams are the lifeblood of the game

Big urban centres outside of London , Birmingham and Manchester are places like Stoke , Derby , Nottingham , Leicester , Bristol , Cardiff , Hull , Sunderland etc

Mansfield is a small town by football league standards

Small towns where the locals who follow their teams are the lifeblood of the game

Big urban centres outside of London , Birmingham and Manchester are places like Stoke , Derby , Nottingham , Leicester , Bristol , Cardiff , Hull , Sunderland etc

If Mansfield is a small town club, what would we call Forest Green?

I’m sure Penybont would have appreciated your support in the semis yesterday. Plastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Erm, Nailsworth

Scabs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Parry View Post
    I’m sure Penybont would have appreciated your support in the semis yesterday. Plastic.
    That's non league

I support my league club , Cardiff City

You need to be asking that sort of question to the sad cases supporting Liverpool in Bridgend

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    An even smaller club

Albeit bank rolled

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Erm, Nailsworth
    Nailed on! 😁

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Scabs.
    Well spotted. The HQ of the Union of Democratic Mineworkers was in Mansfield.

That's non league

I support my league club , Cardiff City

You need to be asking that sort of question to the sad cases supporting Liverpool in Bridgend
    How is it non league? It’s the Welsh league.

You’ve got such a big problem with people supporting English teams and here you are not even getting behind your own local team / national league.

Hypocrite

Lincoln

It’s got nearly as many people living there than a small city like Derby.

Lifeblood of the game my arse. It’s people from towns like Merthyr who support their local team when they are in non league / 7th tier and 2 championship clubs within 30 minutes either way that deserve more credit than your Mansfield’s
    and Lincoln’s of this world.

How is it non league? It’s the Welsh league.

You’ve got such a big problem with people supporting English teams and here you are not even getting behind your own local team / national league.

Hypocrite
    It's the cymru Premier, the highest level of football in Wales, i've been to watch Penybont a few times, enjoyed it, good facilities, cheap food and drink and a tenner to watch a live competitive game. You would think that sludge would go down and offer them his support, even now and then, as he is very territorial about people supporting their local club, he constantly goes on about it.

Lincoln

Lifeblood of the game my arse. It’s people from towns like Merthyr who support their local team when they are in non league / 7th tier and 2 championship clubs within 30 minutes either way that deserve more credit than your Mansfield’s
    And plenty of those Merthyr supporters will be giving their spare time and hard earned in order to support the club. Sludge talks about lower professional league fans like they're victims, like they watch teams like Rochdale out of a sense of duty, akin to putting out your elderly neighbours rubbish every Tuesday evening, how patronising, it's nothing like that. They support their clubs because they want to, and they get as much enjoyment out of watching their team beat Morecombe as a liverpool fan does out of beating Manchester United.

God bless em

Yeah, the Premier League is shit, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Parry View Post
    Sludge hoisted by his own petard. You love to see it.

Isn't the twat from Neath? If so, he should be supporting his local side - Swansea City. After all, that's what he preaches to others.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Isn't the twat from Neath? If so, he should be supporting his local side - Swansea City. After all, that's what he preaches to others.
    He went glory hunting 40 miles away instead. Plastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    And plenty of those Merthyr supporters will be giving their spare time and hard earned in order to support the club. Sludge talks about lower professional league fans like they're victims, like they watch teams like Rochdale out of a sense of duty, akin to putting out your elderly neighbours rubbish every Tuesday evening, how patronising, it's nothing like that. They support their clubs because they want to, and they get as much enjoyment out of watching their team beat Morecombe as a liverpool fan does out of beating Manchester United.
    Rochdale has a population of 100,000 ffs you swear it was a village team the way he goes on

Lincoln

You think a county town like Lincoln has as big a population as a city like Derby ?

Don't be daft

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I’ve watched Merthyr more than City post pandemic. Even got a season ticket this season. Really enjoy it. Few beers on the terrace the game is foreign to that of the championship. As much as I want my local club to do well it’s more about the social, I never take the result as hard like I do with City.