+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 3 young people found dead in car in Cardiff

Re: 3 young people found dead in car in Cardiff

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Why was my post deleted?

One lad went home because he knew how ruined they all were, he didn't feel comfortable staying in the vehicle.
    They were pissed up and seen on Snapchat doing those balloon canisters.

I can have any sympathy for people who drove recklessly. Isn't it good that drink driving caused no other casualties.

I know people who have been killed by drink driving and others who have had life changing injuries caused by it.

Whoever drove that car is an idiot. And how foolish to get in the vehicle with a drunk driver and part take in drinking and drugs themselves.

If you're going to delete my post for telling the truth just go another step and permanently ban my account because if you can't speak the truth on here it's absolutely ****ing worthless posting.

Drink driving is idiotic.

Drug driving is worse.

If people are upset by that, so be it.
    Do you know if any of that is fact?
    My son in laws brother is the lad in hospital and we still do not know the facts.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    Do you know if any of that is fact?
    My son in laws brother is the lad in hospital and we still do not know the facts.
    Do I know if they were on social media doing balloons? Plenty of people would have seen that.

I revert to my original post, it's awful and a tragedy. RIP.

I just can't have any sympathy for people who drive and take drugs. Driving under the influence is idiotic.

One of the victims lost a sister back in 2015 in a crash "caused by a male driver who was drunk while high on cocaine and cannabis". Now her parents are burying another child due to an avoidable accident.

They were on the piss in Newport. Then went to porthcawl. Then back to Cardiff.
    Clearly on one and picked up a few young girls in Newport…..amazed they got to porthcawl and back to cardiff without any issues. To lose it on that roundabout they must have been doing some speed, no doubt a good bit of it is on camera. I sometimes walk over A48 bridge by the heath going home late on weekends and the speeds some are going is insane…..

Quote Originally Posted by celticknight View Post
    One of the victims lost a sister back in 2015 in a crash "caused by a male driver who was drunk while high on cocaine and cannabis". Now her parents are burying another child due to an avoidable accident.
    Jeepers that’s bad

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Clearly on one and picked up a few young girls in Newport…..amazed they got to porthcawl and back to cardiff without any issues. To lose it on that roundabout they must have been doing some speed, no doubt a good bit of it is on camera. I sometimes walk over A48 bridge by the heath going home late on weekends and the speeds some are going is insane…..
    I'm not looking to upset posters on here, or people reading that may know people etc.

But there's plenty of talk. Younger people I work with are all saying the same things,
    They've been on Snapchat posting videos of themselves doing laughing gas..they were clearly under the influence.

People can get mad at me, but that's idiotoc. I know people who have suffered at the hands of drink driving, it's idiotic to drink drive and equally idiotic to get in the car with people under the influence.

See plenty of cars driving too fast on bends up the valleys, heart has been in my mouth plenty of times as they've taken a corner too fast and there are people walking on the pavement...you're just watching hoping the idiot driving stays on the road...

I'm not looking to upset posters on here, or people reading that may know people etc.

But there's plenty of talk. Younger people I work with are all saying the same things,
    They've been on Snapchat posting videos of themselves doing laughing gas..they were clearly under the influence.

People can get mad at me, but that's idiotoc. I know people who have suffered at the hands of drink driving, it's idiotic to drink drive and equally idiotic to get in the car with people under the influence.

See plenty of cars driving too fast on bends up the valleys, heart has been in my mouth plenty of times as they've taken a corner too fast and there are people walking on the pavement...you're just watching hoping the idiot driving stays on the road...
    I’ve seen the exact same things mate, including someone who was very close to Rafel (stupidly) announce that they were all drunk at the time they dropped the third lad off.

No doubt it’ll all come out in the coming weeks

Now is not the time to speculate , please have a bit of respect to the families.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Gwent police have referred themselves to their own watchdog
    Rafel Jeanne-Actie
    Why have you done that with the surname? Its not meant in a positive light from you, is it. Some youngster has died and you're insinuating, aren't you? You are a horrible twisted **** of a man.

I’m afraid that I’m siding with Dembe on this
    It’s a terrible tragedy but one that could have been totally avoided
    The irony of one of the girls killed losing her own sister eight years ago unfortunately shows that the youth of today “Normalise” the use of recreational drugs and alcohol
    My daughter also mentioned that she’d seen Raf’s posts on Snapchat of them doing balloons
    She’s the same age and are friends on Facebook and actually dated a while back.
    The police investigation and the coroner toxicology reports will help piece together their movements on the night

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Now is not the time to speculate , please have a bit of respect to the families.
    Aye, those video's on Snapchat weren't real.

They weren't recorded taking drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnysideup View Post
    I’m afraid that I’m siding with Dembe on this
    It’s a terrible tragedy but one that could have been totally avoided
    The irony of one of the girls killed losing her own sister eight years ago unfortunately shows that the youth of today “Normalise” the use of recreational drugs and alcohol
    My daughter also mentioned that she’d seen Raf’s posts on Snapchat of them doing balloons
    She’s the same age and are friends on Facebook and actually dated a while back.
    The police investigation and the coroner toxicology reports will help piece together their movements on the night
    I'm not happy that people have lost their lives, I just can't understand how people can be so stupid.

Same stories being told, they obviously saw other people while out and about so people are bound to talk. It's not speculation, people are saying what they know.

I know someone who hasn't left his house on years due to drink drivers. Idiots the ****ing lot of them.

Aye, those video's on Snapchat weren't real.

They weren't recorded taking drugs.
    Have a bit of respect plus why are you profiling the surname of one of the passengers ?

Edit , some other melt has ….

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Have a bit of respect plus why are you profiling the surname of one of the passengers ?

Edit , some other melt has ….
    Good edit.

"Melt"

1) I think the poster at the top mentioned the surname as an explanation of why the Police referred themselves to the IOPC.

2) to people saying "show some respect to the families" I'd ask when *can* people criticise reckless driving that costs lives? If this incident hadn't ended like it did people would be none the wiser and it'd just happen again next week, and the week after and so on. If you can't say a stupid person driving stupidly is stupid after it took the lives of 3 people when can you say it?

Quote Originally Posted by celticknight View Post
    1) I think the poster at the top mentioned the surname as an explanation of why the Police referred themselves to the IOPC.

2) to people saying "show some respect to the families" I'd ask when *can* people criticise reckless driving that costs lives? If this incident hadn't ended like it did people would be none the wiser and it'd just happen again next week, and the week after and so on. If you can't say a stupid person driving stupidly is stupid after it took the lives of 3 people when can you say it?
    Exactly.

It's personal for some, who have seen how drink driving can ruin lives.

And saying "show some respect" reeks of someone just angling to get involved. It's a pointless comment after the horse has bolted,I won't change my tune so he's wasting his time.

I think all drink drivers are idiots and it's equally idiotic to get in the car with someone you know who is under the influence.

It will all come out in the autopsy reports I guess re why / how it happened. Tragic - and it could have been a hell of a lot worse. Must have been terrible for the 2 that survived - presuming of course they were conscious and trapped.
    Tragic

Indeed, one of the victims sisters died in a car crash in Newport nearby where I live in 2015 after the lad driving was doing well over the limit trying to impress. I know of the 3rd sister who is the wife of my mate. Tragic indeed for her and the families.
    Last edited by Bothroyd's Diving Coach; 06-03-23 at 17:51. Reason: misspell

I agree that speculation is totally wrong

What I do know is that when the police were first contacted they said that they were treating the five missing as “low risk”

It was only the actions of numerous friends and family that actually went out looking for them via messenger apps

A good friend of mine Matthew Ward unfortunately has his sister on life support after a head on collision with a lorry near llanharan about three four months ago

That was all down to drugs and alcohol

What is it going to take to stop these youngsters??

Can’t quite work out, or picture in my mind, where this could’ve happened for it not to have been noticeable for such a period of time. Before I heard/read the details earlier I would’ve assumed the crash must’ve happened somewhere a bit more remote.

Regardless of what the circumstances were when it’s been pieced together, a sad loss of young lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnysideup View Post
    I agree that speculation is totally wrong

What I do know is that when the police were first contacted they said that they were treating the five missing as “low risk”

It was only the actions of numerous friends and family that actually went out looking for them via messenger apps

A good friend of mine Matthew Ward unfortunately has his sister on life support after a head on collision with a lorry near llanharan about three four months ago

That was all down to drugs and alcohol

What is it going to take to stop these youngsters??
    Her boyfriend died in that llanharran crash didn’t he? My mates half brother if it’s the same one…..

I’m sure they dropped a friend off then carried on between the High Corner pub if memory serves me on the road past llanharan house towards lanelay hall / talbot green
    Colliding with a lorry coming in the opposite direction
    I think two of the occupants died at the scene
    No matter what
    It was a terrible tragedy that could have been prevented IF they chose to get a taxi

Like I said in an earlier post social media has “Normalised” drink and drugs

Quote Originally Posted by Kind of Blue View Post
    Can’t quite work out, or picture in my mind, where this could’ve happened for it not to have been noticeable for such a period of time. Before I heard/read the details earlier I would’ve assumed the crash must’ve happened somewhere a bit more remote.

Regardless of what the circumstances were when it’s been pieced together, a sad loss of young lives.
    This is where the car ended up:

And this is the view (from Google maps) of it from the roundabout side:

So the cars gone straight into a tree, stopped dead, and been obscured from the road for all of sunday. Chances of it happening must've been small.

There’s no crash barrier along that stretch

Mixing Drugs Alcohol and Speed and this is what can happen

Sadly the car has left the road on the bend and gone straight into that thicket of trees

The reason they weren’t discovered is that motorists approaching that roundabout are looking to the right checking on vehicles coming towards them
    Not looking to the left where they sat helpless for two days

Those women might have been very foolish and very silly to get into a car driven by someone who was possibly under the influence of drink and drugs

But 1 young man is dead , 1 man is seriously injured, 2 young women are dead and another young woman is in hospital

These are sons and daughters , sisters and brothers and cousins and they have friends many of whom were there laying flowers today

Things like this are very rare thankfully but with all the laws and education we can throw at people sometimes individuals make stupid reckless decisions

RIP