+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: So What Have The Management Team Done To Bring Us Back From Hell ?

So What Have The Management Team Done To Bring Us Back From Hell ?

Philogene , Ojo , Sawyers surely can't have been the bad players they looked not that long ago ?

I think sabri seems definitely one for team bonding and praising and giving confidence to the players

He's putting his arm around everyone and it seems to be working

I think if he stays fit Wickham might prove to be very useful at the tail end of his career

He's got a good touch and lay off for a big lump

Re: So What Have The Management Team Done To Bring Us Back From Hell ?

And to think that many wanted Warnock to come in and stick a rocket up their arses.

International

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Philogene , Ojo , Sawyers surely can't have been the bad players they looked not that long ago ?

I think sabri seems definitely one for team bonding and praising and giving confidence to the players

I think if he stays fit Wickham might prove to be very useful at the tail end of his career

Stopped the tippy tappy shit playing out from the defence and got the ball forward quicker, is playing on the front foot, signed Wickham and Kaba, and playing a more aggressive style giving the wide players some confidence.

Wickham has been a breath of fresh air. A proper centre forward, holding it up, laying it off, making himself available with his back to goal. All this donkey work enables the flair players to flourish and it’s certainly evident. He’s only 29, if we can get him properly match fit and he can avoid the injury misfortunes that’s seemed to have followed him around, we’ve got ourselves a gem.

I think getting Sawyers playing has been the key, our other midfielders all do the same, so he knew he has to try something. He doesn’t seem afraid to mix it up.

I hope he stays next season but if he does wouldn’t surprise me so see a very different look and style. I think this has been more about doing what he can to try and get a bit more from everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    And to think that many wanted Warnock to come in and stick a rocket up their arses.
    Well we needed something

We are clearly lucky to have appointed these guys and it could have been a disaster

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Stopped the tippy tappy shit playing out from the defence and got the ball forward quicker, is playing on the front foot, signed Wickham and Kaba, and playing a more aggressive style giving the wide players some confidence.
    Philogene had the ball glued to his foot on Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Wickham has been a breath of fresh air. A proper centre forward, holding it up, laying it off, making himself available with his back to goal. All this donkey work enables the flair players to flourish and it’s certainly evident. He’s only 29, if we can get him properly match fit and he can avoid the injury misfortunes that’s seemed to have followed him around, we’ve got ourselves a gem.
    I thought he was 31 ?

Come on people let's be honest everyone was thinking good god we are playing a fella who has left a league one side , he's been here for a few months training and the new manager hasn't even seen him play and didn't sign him

Maybe we are due some luck !

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I think getting Sawyers playing has been the key, our other midfielders all do the same, so he knew he has to try something. He doesn’t seem afraid to mix it up.

I hope he stays next season but if he does wouldn’t surprise me so see a very different look and style. I think this has been more about doing what he can to try and get a bit more from everyone.
    Sawyers staying ?

Well on current form I would hope so , he's certainly a in form championship standard midfielder given his last few performances

Sawyers staying ?

Well on current form I would hope so , he's certainly a in form championship standard midfielder given his last few performances
    No sorry I meant hopefully Lamouchi stays next season.

I agree about Wickham i think he's a great signing if he can stay fit

Basically managed better

I thought he was 31 ?

Come on people let's be honest everyone was thinking good god we are playing a fella who has left a league one side , he's been here for a few months training and the new manager hasn't even seen him play and didn't sign him

Maybe we are due some luck !
    30 on March 31st Sludge

Well we needed something

We are clearly lucky to have appointed these guys and it could have been a disaster
    The club gets rightly slammed when it makes bad decisions, so why shouldn't they get credit for making good ones? Appointing Lamouchi looks like a very good decision - and not just 'luck'. It would be luck if Dalman put his hand into a box with 30 potential manager's names in it and pulled out Lamouchi. I don't think it happened that way.

It is such a relief to have a manager who has experience, is articulate and avoids cliches, respects the fans, is tactically astute and flexible, and seems to have excellent man management skills. And Sol for extra passion and motivation as he grows as a coach!

The change of shape to three at the back with wing backs (although Lamouchi is supposed to favour 4-3-3), getting Sawyers, Ojo and Philogene onto their A games, and with Kaba, Wickham and a maturing Etete emerging as serious forward options - it is all looking good. All we need now is for the ex Academy lads to join the party and to pass Swansea going the other way in the table!

That said it is early days and it could be a twitchy ride to the last game.

30 on March 31st Sludge
    What we as a club have done differently is getting a proper manager in, to manage the team, not the tea boy, or the YTS apprentice.
    Long may it continue, 3 wins in 4👍

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    What we as a club have done differently is getting a proper manager in, to manage the team, not the tea boy, or the YTS apprentice.
    Long may it continue, 3 wins in 4👍
    Yep spot on - If I was Dalman I would start the contract talks because rest assured some other clubs will be taking notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    Yep spot on - If I was Dalman I would start the contract talks because rest assured some other clubs will be taking notice.
    Easy now, not that I’m comparing him in anyway to mad mick but remember when he won a few, new contract and barely won another game…..let’s just chill

International

Philogene had the ball glued to his foot on Saturday
    Yes, great player, they were doubling up on him when they could too!

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Easy now, not that I’m comparing him in anyway to mad mick but remember when he won a few, new contract and barely won another game…..let’s just chill
    I agree, if Lamouchi is looking as impressive at the end of the season, we can start thinking about a new contract for him then.

International

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    The club gets rightly slammed when it makes bad decisions, so why shouldn't they get credit for making good ones? Appointing Lamouchi looks like a very good decision - and not just 'luck'. It would be luck if Dalman put his hand into a box with 30 potential manager's names in it and pulled out Lamouchi. I don't think it happened that way.

It is such a relief to have a manager who has experience, is articulate and avoids cliches, respects the fans, is tactically astute and flexible, and seems to have excellent man management skills. And Sol for extra passion and motivation as he grows as a coach!

The change of shape to three at the back with wing backs (although Lamouchi is supposed to favour 4-3-3), getting Sawyers, Ojo and Philogene onto their A games, and with Kaba, Wickham and a maturing Etete emerging as serious forward options - it is all looking good. All we need now is for the ex Academy lads to join the party and to pass Swansea going the other way in the table!

True well done the board at last a great appointment

I think the manager is better than what we had , we get the ball forward quicker , Maguiness has returned a couple of decent signings.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    I think this is the best appointment since malky, I thought I would get a response like yours and I understand where you're coming from but I think if we leave it till the end of the season we could have our pockets picked.

30 on March 31st Sludge
    Lovely stuff

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

Well if this club stabilises after all the recent crap it's all good news