+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Perry Ng in goal, anyone else notice::::—-

Perry Ng in goal, anyone else notice::::—-

Anyone else notice, that every time he caught the ball (about 3 times I think), he walked to the edge of the goal area, whilst bouncing the ball !!!!
    Totally against the rules, but the ref or opposing players never pulled him up on it.

Re: Perry Ng in goal, anyone else notice::::—-

Isn't the only rule these days that you have six seconds, which is rarely enforced, to get rid once it is in your (goalkeeper's) hands?

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Anyone else notice, that every time he caught the ball (about 3 times I think), he walked to the edge of the goal area, whilst bouncing the ball !!!!
    Totally against the rules, but the ref or opposing players never pulled him up on it.
    Which part of the laws of football says he can't bounce the ball?

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Isn't the only rule these days that you have six seconds, which is rarely enforced, to get rid once it is in your (goalkeeper's) hands?
    That's the only law that I could find that Tony might be referring to.
    It also says an indirect free kick is awarded if " the goal keeper touches the ball with the hand/arm after releasing it and before it has touched another player', but bouncing it isn't releasing it. The laws go on to say " A goalkeeper is considered to be in control of the ball with the hand(s) when:

the ball is between the hands or between the hand and any surface (e.g. ground, own body) or by touching it with any part of the hands or arms except if the ball rebounds from the goalkeeper or the goalkeeper has made a save
    holding the ball in the outstretched open hand
    bouncing it on the ground or throwing it in the air
    A goalkeeper cannot be challenged by an opponent when in control of the ball with the hand(s).'

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    Which part of the laws of football says he can't bounce the ball?
    https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=is...ile-gws-wiz-hp

Also go down to “ how many times “

The 'how many times' thing comes from the rules for indoor football in America.

Isn’t that ‘Indoor Soccer Rules & Policies’. As soon as you see the word ‘Soccer’ you know it’s an American law.

Weird way to share a link, but when Iooked at what I presume is the one you're talking about, it says:

There is no limit to how many times a goalkeeper can bounce the ball in soccer

And also in that article is this bizarre claim:

only rare cases of players being taken out of games due to injury have ever been reported in the history of soccer.

When was the last time you seen a goalkeeper bounce the ball, all the way to the edge of their area ?

They just walk with it these days

When was the last time you seen a goalkeeper bounce the ball, all the way to the edge of their area ?

They just walk with it these days
    What are you saying in this thread?

That goalies can carry the ball to the edge of the area, but walking while bouncing it is totally against the rules?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    What are you saying in this thread?

That goalies can carry the ball to the edge of the area, but walking while bouncing it is totally against the rules?
    Yes

They are only allowed to release the ball once

Yes

They are only allowed to release the ball once
    https://www.thefa.com/football-rules...and-misconduct

A goalkeeper is considered to be in control of the ball with the hand(s) when:

the ball is between the hands or between the hand and any surface (e.g. ground, own body) or by touching it with any part of the hands or arms except if the ball rebounds from the goalkeeper or the goalkeeper has made a save

https://www.thefa.com/football-rules...and-misconduct

A goalkeeper is considered to be in control of the ball with the hand(s) when:

I repeat:—— when was the last time you saw a goalkeeper bouncing the ball.

If they roll it out in front of them, they are not allowed to pick it back up, releasing it by bouncing is deemed the same, otherwise they’d happerly bounce away to their heart’s content

If they roll it out in front of them, they are not allowed to pick it back up, releasing it by bouncing is deemed the same, otherwise they’d happerly bounce away to their heart’s content
    They couldn’t, bouncing it is deemed ‘in possession’ and the six second law applies.

No its not deemed the same.

My god, I've just posted the actual laws that say bouncing is not deemed the same

I put it in bold!!!

My god, I've just posted the actual laws that say bouncing is not deemed the same

I put it in bold!!!
    What about bouncing the ball on the ground though?!

I put it in bold!!!
    You’re reading it wrong

what a mare of a thread

Isnt the lack of bouncing from the pros just an experience thing?

- it could get kicked away from the opposition when it is in the air (although not sure if that is allowed any more?!)
    - It could hit a random divot and go somewhere else - why risk it?

Here

A goalkeeper has three (3) steps to put it back the ball in play, once they have picked up the ball. A keeper cannot bounce the ball or put it down and pick it up again - resulting in an indirect free kick. Goalies can take 3 steps with the ball and must release it within six (6) seconds.

Really interesting thread... one of those things that was the norm 20-25 years ago and has now gone away, but never really given it a thought as to why.

Here

A goalkeeper has three (3) steps to put it back the ball in play, once they have picked up the ball. A keeper cannot bounce the ball or put it down and pick it up again - resulting in an indirect free kick. Goalies can take 3 steps with the ball and must release it within six (6) seconds.
    That comes from American indoor court soccer site, FFS

https://www.uaf.edu/recreation/files...Rules-2015.pdf

The opposition can't kick the ball away while the goalkeeper is bouncing it because the goalie hasn't yet released the ball