+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Dillon Phillips Bring Him Back , Can We ?

Dillon Phillips Bring Him Back , Can We ?

Hasn't played much on loan in Belgium ..

Re: Dillon Phillips Bring Him Back , Can We ?

Not for me thanks thought he was a terrible keeper. Will add that I also think both keepers signed last summer have been below average as well mind.

Why?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Why?
    Just think we are a bit lite on the ground for back up , I thought he was half decent .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Just think we are a bit lite on the ground for back up , I thought he was half decent .
    Half decent maybe a fair description. But:

Phillips has lost his place at KV Oostende - last three games on the bench.

Allsop is only suspended for one game. Alnwick and Lothra are waiting their chance.

Isn't his contract up in the summer? He's already left.

Allsop is only suspended for one game. Alnwick and Lothra are waiting their chance.

I wonder if Lothra might be injured?

The reason I say that, is cos I seem to think Luthra is tall and mature looking, while there was a really young looking third choice goalie assisting during the warm-ups of the two games prior to Saturday’s game. I don’t know who assisted this week.

Quote Originally Posted by KingOfSiamIAm View Post
    I wonder if Lothra might be injured?

The reason I say that, is cos I seem to think Luthra is tall and mature looking, while there was a really young looking third choice goalie assisting during the warm-ups of the two games prior to Saturday’s game. I don’t know who assisted this week.
    My typo - Rohan Luthra not Lothra.

I wasn't at the game on Saturday, but James Wood (the academy goalkeeping coach and son of George) is acting goalkeeping coach after Graham Stack's departure. Could it have been him in the warm up? Otherwise the next cab off the rank if Luthra is injured is Jacob Dennis (who appears on the club website as an u18 - as does the bench keeper from today's u21 v Reading - Joe Thomas).

I thought Lewis Benjamin was staying at the club until the summer (despite being cherry-picked by Man City recently) but he doesn't appear on any team list on the club website. We seem a bit light below first team level now George Ratcliffe left!

Can’t say I was ever much of a fan of Phillips, had a mistake in him and not a great shot stopped.

My typo - Rohan Luthra not Lothra.

I wasn't at the game on Saturday, but James Wood (the academy goalkeeping coach and son of George) is acting goalkeeping coach after Graham Stack's departure. Could it have been him in the warm up? Otherwise the next cab off the rank if Luthra is injured is Jacob Dennis (who appears on the club website as an u18 - as does the bench keeper from today's u21 v Reading - Joe Thomas).

I thought Lewis Benjamin was staying at the club until the summer (despite being cherry-picked by Man City recently) but he doesn't appear on any team list on the club website. We seem a bit light below first team level now George Ratcliffe left!
    After looking at the two names you suggested, I would say that the player was Jacob Dennis.

Phillips has a year option in his deal, so the club could trigger it. Oostende have agreed a fee that they can buy him for, though, should they wish.

Another terrible keeper