Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
There is a way to avoid this Legal Theft Charge, and that is by going over the Avon Bridge on the M5 and taking the Gordano Services exit. Take the A369 and then the first turning on the right off it. There are several routes you can take the airport from here It takes you through country lanes and adds about 20 or so minutes onto your journey, but it is worth it to avoid being ripped off. Depending on the time of your flight and the return one also, there are several nice country pubs to have a meal in on the way to the airport. I have done this route, as will friends of mine in a couple of weeks.

It beggars belief that Bristol City Council spent millions developing a route to Bristol airport to bypass driving through south Bristol and then start to charge those flying to and from the airport to use this route. I guess they know that there are literally tens of thousands of holiday makers every year heading to the airport from South/West Wales, Gloucestershire and the Midlands and think they can rub their greedy little thieving hands together, by having everyone pay for using the main access roads to the airport. F*ck 'em use this other route.
Going the back way through Failand and Barrow Gurney is actually just as quick as going down the A4 or down through Abbots Leigh, just a bit of a pain when you hit the narrow traffic calming in Barrow Gurney.