+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bristol airport

Bristol airport

Bristol Airport from Cardiff avoiding the green zone
    Anyone know the best route please?

Re: Bristol airport

This should help

https://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.php?456040-Bristol-robbing-bas****s&highlight=Bristol%20airport

Or not...

A map on this webpage shows the zone to be avoided:

https://www.bristol.gov.uk/residents...caz/view-a-map

There is a way to avoid this Legal Theft Charge, and that is by going over the Avon Bridge on the M5 and taking the Gordano Services exit. Take the A369 and then the first turning on the right off it. There are several routes you can take the airport from here It takes you through country lanes and adds about 20 or so minutes onto your journey, but it is worth it to avoid being ripped off. Depending on the time of your flight and the return one also, there are several nice country pubs to have a meal in on the way to the airport. I have done this route, as will friends of mine in a couple of weeks.

It beggars belief that Bristol City Council spent millions developing a route to Bristol airport to bypass driving through south Bristol and then start to charge those flying to and from the airport to use this route. I guess they know that there are literally tens of thousands of holiday makers every year heading to the airport from South/West Wales, Gloucestershire and the Midlands and think they can rub their greedy little thieving hands together, by having everyone pay for using the main access roads to the airport. F*ck 'em use this other route.

You can come off the M5 at j19 (Gordano) or 20, but it's not easy from there. The easiest is to come off at j21 (Weston), then the A371 and A38, but that's quite a bit further.

It's better to approach from the Taunton direction

Quote Originally Posted by Its been emotional View Post
    Bristol Airport from Cardiff avoiding the green zone
    Anyone know the best route please?
    Is your car definitely going to be charged as most are ok.

there's this thing called "public transport" .... google it...it's pretty far out

Check your vehicle here.

https://www.gov.uk/clean-air-zones

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    there's this thing called "public transport" .... google it...it's pretty far out
    Don't be a dick

I had to pay it end of November
    It’s £9 a day
    So dropping my daughter then picking her up cost me an extra £18
    A sneaky stealth tax
    It’s called I think the Clean air tax
    Bit ironic with all those aeroplane emissions 😣

Cheers lads, dropping my daughter off there tomorrow morning, hate being ripped off

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Is your car definitely going to be charged as most are ok.
    From what I understand, Bristol Council are billing everyone, whether they are exempt or not. Most people just rant and rave, and pay up, without checking that they may be exempt. As Hilts says, most modern cars (particularly petrol) will be exempt. So check the site before paying anything.

Another reason to go "Electric" Tone

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    From what I understand, Bristol Council are billing everyone, whether they are exempt or not. Most people just rant and rave, and pay up, without checking that they may be exempt. As Hilts says, most modern cars (particularly petrol) will be exempt. So check the site before paying anything.
    I don't think it's quite that bad. I've driven through the zone loads of times and haven't been charged, and I don't know anyone else who has. Definitely check their website if you do get charged though, and challenge it if you should be exempt.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Don't be a dick
    Variety ?

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    I don't think it's quite that bad. I've driven through the zone loads of times and haven't been charged, and I don't know anyone else who has. Definitely check their website if you do get charged though, and challenge it if you should be exempt.
    I had to visit Bath a few times and that city has a similar Clean Air Zone. My wee car was fine but I was clobbered when I used my van. Two £129 fines landed on mat. Got off it after an appeal but paid the £9 x 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I had to visit Bath a few times and that city has a similar Clean Air Zone. My wee car was fine but I was clobbered when I used my van. Two £129 fines landed on mat. Got off it after an appeal but paid the £9 x 2.
    Not had the pleasure of the Bath one yet.
    Glad you won your appeal

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Not had the pleasure of the Bath one yet.
    Glad you won your appeal
    I simply stated that it's difficult for non-locals to know what restrictions apply in various locations.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    There is a way to avoid this Legal Theft Charge, and that is by going over the Avon Bridge on the M5 and taking the Gordano Services exit. Take the A369 and then the first turning on the right off it. There are several routes you can take the airport from here It takes you through country lanes and adds about 20 or so minutes onto your journey, but it is worth it to avoid being ripped off. Depending on the time of your flight and the return one also, there are several nice country pubs to have a meal in on the way to the airport. I have done this route, as will friends of mine in a couple of weeks.

It beggars belief that Bristol City Council spent millions developing a route to Bristol airport to bypass driving through south Bristol and then start to charge those flying to and from the airport to use this route. I guess they know that there are literally tens of thousands of holiday makers every year heading to the airport from South/West Wales, Gloucestershire and the Midlands and think they can rub their greedy little thieving hands together, by having everyone pay for using the main access roads to the airport. F*ck 'em use this other route.
    You've nicked my post your rotter!! Plagiarism at it's best

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I simply stated that it's difficult for non-locals to know what restrictions apply in various locations.
    I know. I agree

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Check your vehicle here.

https://www.gov.uk/clean-air-zones
    Thanks for that. I just checked my ten year old petrol Honda Accord and it is compliant, so no charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    You've nicked my post your rotter!! Plagiarism at it's best
    I was in a rush, if you read above it does say someone else posted the route

My car's ok after checking the gov/uk website, it’ll be something I’ll be checking when I next change vehicles. I’ve been through there since it’s been introduced without a ‘shit list’ letter, so I’m ok at present.