+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone recommend a chiropractor

Anyone recommend a chiropractor

I’ve had a niggle in my hip that’s getting worse and exercise only exacerbates it

I’ve got a feeling my one leg is a tad shorter than the other or something like that and I’m compensating.

Anyone recommend someone?

Re: Anyone recommend a chiropractor

Dirty Gary's Hip Replacement in Canton

When Alan Lung has finished doing his bit, I'd recommend
    https://www.cardiffchiropractor.com/

I'm sceptical about chiropractors as it's not an exact science but I was recommended this place and it has made a difference.

I only went once because my HR advisors told me that it would be beneficial to attach a physio clinic to our company - so I have utilised that ever since.

But, it was a memorable appointment.

Basically, I can now 'click' my lower back to release pressure when it's stiff.

I wasn't able to do to this before and it's almost indescribable how much mobility it gives me.

I was also told that my gait was off and that the soles of my shoes showed that the way I walked was affecting my posture.

I genuinely would have gone back if it wasn't for the fact that I was advised that the physio could sort out my problems.

Sssh - they haven't. My back is still a problem but I have the ability to release the pressure now because of the appointment with the chiropractor.

This has made me realise that I should give the chiropractor another chance, actually.

Good luck with your problem.

I'm actually in the same situation so any replies would be a great help.

Optimal Chiropractic on Whitchurch Road are good. Used them for years.

Also https://www.tobenaschiropractic.co.uk/ in Canton. Not far from the Corp

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I’ve had a niggle in my hip that’s getting worse and exercise only exacerbates it

I’ve got a feeling my one leg is a tad shorter than the other or something like that and I’m compensating.

Anyone recommend someone?
    Do not use a chiropractor, it's alternative medicine and quackery. A spinal surgeon client of mine would like to have them all shot, over the years he's seen serious damage done by them. Do a Google search on Ben at Cardiff bay chiropractic, total charlatan.Use a physiotherapist, who is medically trained

And even worse, they've started using the term Dr ! My son is in medical school in his 6th year, with 2 more years to go. He will have earned the title, unlike these grifters

Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    Do not use a chiropractor, it's alternative medicine and quackery. A spinal surgeon client of mine would like to have them all shot, over the years he's seen serious damage done by them. Do a Google search on Ben at Cardiff bay chiropractic, total charlatan.Use a physiotherapist, who is medically trained
    In your opinion, my chiropractor has sorted out my long standing back issues.

And even worse, they've started using the term Dr ! My son is in medical school in his 6th year, with 2 more years to go. He will have earned the title, unlike these grifters
    I severely injured my sacroiliac joint in a fall in 1997. I had private medical insurance so I had various xrays, CAT and MRI scans and saw a number of orthopaedic surgeons. I was unable to walk for a year without great discomfort and had 2 sets of steroid injections into my spine. None of this did much good.

A colleague suggested that I consult a chiropractor and within ten minutes of the consultation an adjustment of my spine and hips cured me. I suffered for a year under the “care” of conventional doctors and the lack of effective treatment combined with the steroids left the SI joint permanently weakened.

I had a shoulder injury more recently and Sarah Beer, who is now in Tonypandy, fixed it quickly. She’s a great chiropractor.

Doctors have killed and injured thousands of times more people than chiropractors ever will.

Quote Originally Posted by blue sky View Post
    I severely injured my sacroiliac joint in a fall in 1997. I had private medical insurance so I had various xrays, CAT and MRI scans and saw a number of orthopaedic surgeons. I was unable to walk for a year without great discomfort and had 2 sets of steroid injections into my spine. None of this did much good.

A colleague suggested that I consult a chiropractor and within ten minutes of the consultation an adjustment of my spine and hips cured me. I suffered for a year under the “care” of conventional doctors and the lack of effective treatment combined with the steroids left the SI joint permanently weakened.

I had a shoulder injury more recently and Sarah Beer, who is now in Tonypandy, fixed it quickly. She’s a great chiropractor.

Doctors have killed and injured thousands of times more people than chiropractors ever will.
    Absolute bollocks, my sister is an NHS physiotherapist of 40 years experience and I have about 70 NHS Drs as clients. Do your research in torn neck arteries and come back to me. Why are people ignoring science and going down the alternative medicine route? Look up the origins of chiropractic practice, it's total crap

They often claim that the spine is out of alignment, hip tilted and one leg shorter than the other. I've dealt with 10 chiropractors in business and almost all have additional incorrect views on health abd vaccination. The only recognised university in the UK to offer it as a course is the university of South Wales, and they'd offer anything 😂

I have had sciatica and Jeff Hemmerman in Newport sorted it out for me. He's also helped a number of friends with different muscular and back ailments. Couldn't recommend him more highly.

Andrew Seary physio in Whitchurch.
    I'd recommend him.

International

Quote Originally Posted by neilw65 View Post
    I have had sciatica and Jeff Hemmerman in Newport sorted it out for me. He's also helped a number of friends with different muscular and back ailments. Couldn't recommend him more highly.
    I had that in December and hip pain, it turned out it to be some muscle issue in the glut or something, the physio/chiropractor in the Whitchurch clinic (above snowdrop opposite the plough), sorted it out with two visits. The first one was a longer visit with diagnosis, then exercises and a follow-up appointment, both involved some stretches, massage, and acupuncture and I was right as rain.

I would recommend them, as they seem to be able to do whatever is needed, not just back manipulation.

Quote Originally Posted by neilw65 View Post
    Is that THE Jeff Hemmerman?

This 100%. Bunch of charlatans. Every time you go to a chiropractor they cause trauma to your spine, back and neck. Get a good physio who does hands on treatment such as manipulation, ultrasound etc

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    Andrew Seary physio in Whitchurch.
    I'd recommend him.
    Yes you suggested him and he was excellent

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Is that THE Jeff Hemmerman?
    Yep

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    This 100%. Bunch of charlatans. Every time you go to a chiropractor they cause trauma to your spine, back and neck. Get a good physio who does hands on treatment such as manipulation, ultrasound etc
    They are not medically trained

If it helps fair enough but physios can help most problems

Absolute bollocks, my sister is an NHS physiotherapist of 40 years experience and I have about 70 NHS Drs as clients. Do your research in torn neck arteries and come back to me. Why are people ignoring science and going down the alternative medicine route? Look up the origins of chiropractic practice, it's total crap
    How rude! My own personal experience is that a chiropractor cured me after multiple doctors had failed to diagnose and treat a problem with my SI joint. The number of doctors that you know and the profession of your relatives has no bearing on my situation or health.

How rude! My own personal experience is that a chiropractor cured me after multiple doctors had failed to diagnose and treat a problem with my SI joint. The number of doctors that you know and the profession of your relatives has no bearing on my situation or health.
    There is often a placebo effect in situations like this, your comment of
    "Doctors have killed and injured thousands of times more people than chiropractors ever will" is, quite frankly, ludicrous. Look up the origins of chiropractic and decide whether it's scientific or not. They're often bunched together in "wellness" centres along with other pseudo practices. My last business discussion with one involved a chiropractor telling me that the covid vaccine causes more deaths than covid, the MMR jab causes autism and mammograms for breast screening cause cancer. This was a well-known Cardiff based chiropractor. I also forgot to mention that my son is a Dr and my late father was an esteemed scientist

There is often a placebo effect in situations like this, your comment of
    "Doctors have killed and injured thousands of times more people than chiropractors ever will" is, quite frankly, ludicrous. Look up the origins of chiropractic and decide whether it's scientific or not. They're often bunched together in "wellness" centres along with other pseudo practices. My last business discussion with one involved a chiropractor telling me that the covid vaccine causes more deaths than covid, the MMR jab causes autism and mammograms for breast screening cause cancer. This was a well-known Cardiff based chiropractor. I also forgot to mention that my son is a Dr and my late father was an esteemed scientist
    I could not walk without great pain for a year after my injury. I had multiple xrays, a CAT scan and an MRI scan. I had two rounds of steroid injections in my sacrum. Within 10 minutes of having a chiropractic adjustment I could walk, run, dance again because my SI joint had been severely misaligned by falling on my back from a considerable height and the chiropractor put it back in place.

Placebo effect? I should add that I have an MSc in a health-related discipline and I can say categorically that there was no placebo effect in play. You are giving out ‘health advice’. What are your qualifications?

I could not walk without great pain for a year after my injury. I had multiple xrays, a CAT scan and an MRI scan. I had two rounds of steroid injections in my sacrum. Within 10 minutes of having a chiropractic adjustment I could walk, run, dance again because my SI joint had been severely misaligned by falling on my back from a considerable height and the chiropractor put it back in place.

Placebo effect? I should add that I have an MSc in a health-related discipline and I can say categorically that there was no placebo effect in play. You are giving out ‘health advice’. What are your qualifications?
    You're promoting a bullshit alternative medicine method based on the ludicrous principles of the lunatic founder. Someone with an MSc in a "health-related discipline" (whatever that is) should better informed.

Ignore him, we’re talking from actual experience, he’s talking from a text book or listening to others.

Try it, if it works for you then carry on. Tomcat is a patronising know it all.

You're promoting a bullshit alternative medicine method based on the ludicrous principles of the lunatic founder. Someone with an MSc in a "health-related discipline" (whatever that is) should better informed.
    It worked for me and chiropractic has worked for millions of other people. You clearly haven’t tried this therapy so are in no position to make a qualified judgment.