+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Rob McElhenney

Rob McElhenney

He really does appear to have brought into the Welsh thing, learning to speak Welsh aswell

Re: Rob McElhenney

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post

He really does appear to have brought into the Welsh thing, learning to speak Welsh aswell
    Bollocks. My Mrs says she can speak French. I keep having to remind her that just because you can say some things in French doesn't mean you can speak French.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Bollocks. My Mrs says she can speak French. I keep having to remind her that just because you can say some things in French doesn't mean you can speak French.
    Surely you need to start somewhere. It’s not the matrix where all knowledge is downloaded in an instant.

If he becomes fluent is it still bollocks?

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    Surely you need to start somewhere. It’s not the matrix where all knowledge is downloaded in an instant.

No.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post

Agreed

and even if he will never speak it fluently, even if its just " Bore da ", its all about making the effort, he is a American trying to make a bit of a effort with the fans / culture of a football club he part owns, surely no-one can knock him for that

Agreed

and even if he will never speak it fluently, even if its just " Bore da ", its all about making the effort, he is a American trying to make a bit of a effort with the fans / culture of a football club he part owns, surely no-one can knock him for that
    He's an American trying to ingratiate himself into the fanbase.

The only thing Wrexham fans need to care about is who the North Americans sell the club to once the documentary ends and progress stagnates.

I'm fascinated with where this will end up. Just looking at social media, shirt sales, ticket sales, etc, they could end up being a big team in the next 5 years if the pair stay and this trajectory continues... You'd imagine the hype will peak and trail off though after a couple more years.

he can speak more welsh than myself and dare i say most of you lot

Great to see them both embracing our culture rather than our esteemed leader who shit all over it

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Great to see them both embracing our culture rather than our esteemed leader who shit all over it
    You have been holding this grudge for nigh on ten years now. Surely even you can see that it is counter productive, energy sapping and has gone on long enough now. It serves no purpose after this length of time. No doubt when Tan does eventually leave you will dredge it all up again. Its just boring.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    You have been holding this grudge for nigh on ten years now. Surely even you can see that it is counter productive, energy sapping and has gone on long enough now. It serves no purpose after this length of time. No doubt when Tan does eventually leave you will dredge it all up again. Its just boring.
    He's right though isn't he.

‘Gone on long enough’, exactly! He’s at it again at this moment making our club look both heartless & ridiculous with his latest rant re. The Sala affair. When is he going to rein himself in?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by logic View Post
    He's an American trying to ingratiate himself into the fanbase.

The only thing Wrexham fans need to care about is who the North Americans sell the club to once the documentary ends and progress stagnates.
    I'm not saying it won't happen and you're wrong, and I'm aware it is possible they weren't being genuine with their affection for the club... But it does seem like they've got the bug? unless I've fallen for it...

Your self righteous crusade must be energy sapping, and that's gone on long enough as well. ****ing bore.

Boring you for maybe yes. I don’t find it counter productive, I find maintaining the correct level of hatred for the man very therapeutic.

Wrexham to play Man Utd in the summer in San Diego

Is Wrexham a Welsh speaking area ?

I think North East Wales is mostly English speaking ?

Either way I wish them success as in league one and that's it

And relegation for Swansea

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Wrexham to play Man Utd in the summer in San Diego

American colleague of mine told me tickets are 200USD for this game!

also signed up for a 7 V 7 tournament in N Carolina, $1 mill prize, Wolves are also attending

also signed up for a 7 V 7 tournament in N Carolina, $1 mill prize, Wolves are also attending
    Wrexham owed the owners £3.7m at end of 21/22. Interest at 3% over base rate, so currently 7.25%, is being charged to the club.

Hope he doesn’t get bored.

https://twitter.com/kieranmaguire/st...740462080?s=12

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Wrexham owed the owners £3.7m at end of 21/22. Interest at 3% over base rate, so currently 7.25%, is being charged to the club.

Hope he doesn’t get bored.

https://twitter.com/kieranmaguire/st...740462080?s=12
    Can't possibly be true, they really loves the club, they do.