+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Surely it's Tyson Fury to blame for these fights not being made?

Surely it's Tyson Fury to blame for these fights not being made?

Another opponent looks like they're having trouble making a fight with Fury, this after he blamed Joshua for their fight falling through.

Joshua and Usyk managed to make a fight. But neither of these could make a fight with Fury

https://boxing-social.com/news/dubois-next-for-usyk/

Still a chance, but unlikely.

Fury the shit out.

Re: Surely it's Tyson Fury to blame for these fights not being made?

http://www.skysports.com/share/12829984

Asking for too much money.

Anyone remember when he had his breakdown (drugs) and said he didn't need money etc... Yet here he is asking for stupid sums of money

Bloke talks out of his arse

Im pretty sure Usyk was Joshuas mandatory.

Joshua/Hearn failed to make the Wilder fight whereas Fury went in with him 3 times.

This is the issue with multiple belts.

I think a Fury v Usyk fight is inevitable unless one loses which is highly unlikely considering the other opposition out there.

How Dubois gets a shot before Joyce shows how crazy boxing is. Dubois is British level at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    How Dubois gets a shot before Joyce shows how crazy boxing is. Dubois is British level at best.
    Yeah bit crazy. But like you mentioned above that's mandatories for you I guess.

I think we will see Wilder Joshua this year, Chisora was banging on about something before the Paul Fury circus the other week.

Delboy got a new role?

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Yeah bit crazy. But like you mentioned above that's mandatories for you I guess.

I think we will see Wilder Joshua this year, Chisora was banging on about something before the Paul Fury circus the other week.

Delboy got a new role?
    I think we will see Joshua v Whyte later this year. Id be suprised if we see Joshua v Wilder unless Eddie sees it as a cash out.

I think we will see Joshua v Whyte later this year. Id be suprised if we see Joshua v Wilder unless Eddie sees it as a cash out.
    It's just the way Delboy was banging on, I don't think he'd be that hyped about a fight we've already had.

Obviously I could be wrong or it may not come off.

Whyte v AJ probably
    Wilder a definite no
    Wilder would retire AJ for good

As for Fury v Usyk Frank Warren was supposed to be announcing the announcement lol a few weeks ago
    Date allegedly April 29
    I think they offered Usyk a 70/30 purse split so it’s 100% about the money

Personally I think Usyk would win on points- he’s tough quick and can box plus he’s always mentally in the zone

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnysideup View Post
    Whyte v AJ probably
    Wilder a definite no

As for Fury v Usyk Frank Warren was supposed to be announcing the announcement lol a few weeks ago
    Date allegedly April 29
    I think they offered Usyk a 70/30 purse split so it’s 100% about the money

Personally I think Usyk would win on points- he’s tough quick and can box plus he’s always mentally in the zone
    "Alex Krassyuk, who represents Usyk, claimed Fury rejected their latest offer where the winner would receive 60 per cent of the purse, and questioned whether the WBC champion actually wants the fight"

Amazes me how other fighters get the blame when the common denominator is Tyson Fury.

Na that was bollux
    Fury forgot to bring his pen 🖊️

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Amazes me how other fighters get the blame when the common denominator is Tyson Fury.
    This was my point.

Knew we'd agree one day.

Shall we celebrate?

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnysideup View Post
    Whyte v AJ probably
    Wilder a definite no
    No defence, no technique, poor chin Wilder?

Luis Ortiz beat him let's be honest - rigged count saving the great US hope.

Anyone with "one punch KO power" has a chance, of course - see Ruiz - but acting as if he's at the level of a Usyk seems off to me.

Fury did 't have a Klitschko rematch, has avoided AJ and is ducking Usyk, someone he's disparaged repeatedly. His record of quality fighters fought is less than that of AJ.

Quote Originally Posted by logic View Post
    No defence, no technique, poor chin Wilder?

Luis Ortiz beat him let's be honest - rigged count saving the great US hope.

Anyone with "one punch KO power" has a chance, of course - see Ruiz - but acting as if he's at the level of a Usyk seems off to me.

Fury did 't have a Klitschko rematch, has avoided AJ and is ducking Usyk, someone he's disparaged repeatedly. His record of quality fighters fought is less than that of AJ.
    Morning Eddie.

Morning Eddie.
    More a case of being realistic.

Fury wants to fight fighters he knows he can beat. The Gypsy Chicken.

More a case of being realistic.

Fury wants to fight fighters he knows he can beat. The Gypsy Chicken.
    Whereas AJ and Hearn rather than face Wilder took on fearsome oldies Pulev and Povetkin and the mighty Charles Martin and Dominic Brezeale.

Then somehow gets kod by an obese Mexican.🤣

Whereas AJ and Hearn rather than face Wilder took on fearsome oldies Pulev and Povetkin and the mighty Charles Martin and Dominic Brezeale.

Then somehow gets kod by an obese Mexican.��
    Weren't a few of those mandatories?

You think AJ was scared of Wilder, who has had his arse handed to him by the only really decent fighter he's been up against? Like AJ or not, he's a far better boxer than Wilder, the only issue would be if Wilder could get that one punch off.

The Ruiz loss was one of those things, you could see he was concussed after that one shot. It happens.

Are you claiming Fury's opponent level is the same as that of AJ? No rematch with Klitscho, "negotiated" for an AJ fight knowing full well Wilder had a rematch clause so no AJ fight would occur, now ducking Usyk...

Weren't a few of those mandatories?

You think AJ was scared of Wilder, who has had his arse handed to him by the only really decent fighter he's been up against? Like AJ or not, he's a far better boxer than Wilder, the only issue would be if Wilder could get that one punch off.

The Ruiz loss was one of those things, you could see he was concussed after that one shot. It happens.

Are you claiming Fury's opponent level is the same as that of AJ? No rematch with Klitscho, "negotiated" for an AJ fight knowing full well Wilder had a rematch clause so no AJ fight would occur, now ducking Usyk...
    I think Wilder is far better than everyone on AJs winning record.

What AJ opponents that he has beaten are so much better than Furys or who would have beaten Wilder.?

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    This was my point.

Knew we'd agree one day.

Shall we celebrate?
    Nah, you're alright.

I think Wilder is far better than everyone on AJs winning record.

What AJ opponents that he has beaten are so much better than Furys or who would have beaten Wilder.?
    The only good boxer Wilder has fought is Fury and been handily beaten three times - ignore the bs draw. Molina and Brazeale were common opponents, but the likes of Parker, Takam et al that AJ has fought are above the level of opponents Wilder has faced.

I think Wilder has one hell of a KO punch. He's entirely one dimensional, that's all he has. His technique and defence are poor. Avoid that punch, can put serious damage on him.

Prior to the Klitschko fight, the standard of opposition for Fury was poor. As much respect I give his camp for the tactics against Klitschko, it was probably the worst HW title fight ever, least number of punches thrown, a cwtch fest. It worked, so respect.

After Klitschko, 3 Wilder fights, Del boy, Dillian along with legends like Wallin, Schwarz, Pianeta and Seferi. I'd say AJ has fought better fighters overall.

I think Joshua is on the decline, the losses have taken a lot out of him. Thought his tactics were better the second fight against Usyk, but the corner were poor.

At least he fought Usyk though.

'Usyk agrees to 70/30 spilt if Fury makes £1m Ukraine donation'

http://www.skysports.com/share/12830686

Fury is the A side of course he deserves a bigger split

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    I think the 60 percent to the winner made sense as well. Fury obviously shit out.

I fancy an upset.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Usyk holds three belts so deserves 75% of the money...

The whole purse thing needs to be changed imo. All title fights should be 50/50 split. All other fights remain as is.

Usyk holds three belts so deserves 75% of the money...

The whole purse thing needs to be changed imo. All title fights should be 50/50 split. All other fights remain as is.
    That’s not how boxing works

It’s not the FA Cup

Besides, the belt Fury holds is the most prestigious