+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Surely it's Tyson Fury to blame for these fights not being made?

Re: Surely it's Tyson Fury to blame for these fights not being made?

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Everyone is already waiting for it.
    Who is 'Everyone'? That's a bit general. There's no way this fight was going to happen end of April, for obvious reasons. It will happen though, and i reckon it'll be in the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Who is 'Everyone'? That's a bit general. There's no way this fight was going to happen end of April, for obvious reasons. It will happen though, and i reckon it'll be in the summer.
    People know about it.

People know and like both fighters.

You're not trying to sell Fury Wallin here.. it doesn't need all this extra nonsense from Fury.

People know about it.

People know and like both fighters.

You're not trying to sell Fury Wallin here.. it doesn't need all this extra nonsense from Fury.
    If Fury announced that he was fighting Wallin tomorrow, then it would sell out the emirates, Spurs stadium or whatever. He's a worldwide sporting superstar, and he is known, Usyk isn't. Fury probably sees it (from a money point of view, and that is important in business) that he doesn't really need Usyk from a financial point of view, usyk needs Fury. I would say that is where the problems lie.

If Fury announced that he was fighting Wallin tomorrow, then it would sell out the emirates, Spurs stadium or whatever. He's a worldwide sporting superstar, and he is known, Usyk isn't. Fury probably sees it (from a money point of view, and that is important in business) that he doesn't really need Usyk from a financial point of view, usyk needs Fury. I would say that is where the problems lie.
    LMFAO.

So if Emirates would sell out tomorrow just because it's Fury and the opponent doesn't matter, then why on earth do you seem to intimate Fury's antics are promoting the fight? If your claim was correct, these antics wouldn't be needed.

More people know Fury? Maybe, maybe not.

Usyk needs Fury more than Fury needs Usyk? Bollocks. Fury needs to unify the titles, he holds one, Usyk three. Until they fight, Fury will be regarded as ducking someone he's repeatedly disparaged.

Fury doesn't need Usyk from a financial point of view? Silly, Fury hasn't needed to fight for ages, made his money. Usyk agreed a 70/30 split in favour of Fury. How mch more does Fry, who previously claimed he'd fight AJ for free on terrestrial TV want?

Fury ****ing with him, mindgames? Usyk is a ****ing warrior. Joined up to fight against Russia. You seriously think a single thing Fury says gets to him?

So Wallin sells more than Usyk.

I'm lost.

Fury Wallin sellout but nobody knows Usyk so it's not a sellout.

Otto ****ing Wallin. Jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by logic View Post
    LMFAO.

So if Emirates would sell out tomorrow just because it's Fury and the opponent doesn't matter, then why on earth do you seem to intimate Fury's antics are promoting the fight? If your claim was correct, these antics wouldn't be needed.

Usyk needs Fury more than Fury needs Usyk? Bollocks. Fury needs to unify the titles, he holds one, Usyk three. Until they fight, Fury will be regarded as ducking someone he's repeatedly disparaged.

Fury doesn't need Usyk from a financial point of view? Silly, Fury hasn't needed to fight for ages, made his money. Usyk agreed a 70/30 split in favour of Fury. How mch more does Fry, who previously claimed he'd fight AJ for free on terrestrial TV want?

Fury ****ing with him, mindgames? Usyk is a ****ing warrior. Joined up to fight against Russia. You seriously think a single thing Fury says gets to him?
    Bravo.

So Wallin sells more than Usyk.

I'm lost.

Fury Wallin sellout but nobody knows Usyk so it's not a sellout.

Otto ****ing Wallin. Jesus.
    You're not getting it . Fury sells out a stadium full of 'event' casual boxing fans if he fights a broomstick. That's because he's a brand, known worldwide, it captures the casuals imagination. And i didn't say that Wallin sells the fight, Fury does. And usyk isn't that well known worldwide, not to the casuals.

You're not getting it . Fury sells out a stadium full of 'event' casual boxing fans if he fights a broomstick. That's because he's a brand, known worldwide, it captures the casuals imagination. And i didn't say that Wallin sells the fight, Fury does. And usyk isn't that well known worldwide, not to the casuals.
    I am getting it.

Fury can get a sellout against Wallin.

So he can get one with Usyk.

If Fry captures the casuals imagination, then they'll have heard him repeatedly disparage Usyk, hear Fury making demand after demand, hear Fury slagging Usyks manager over the split and of course think "Fury's such a cad!" and not think "Hmm, Fury is ducking fighting someone he's verbally put down"

Usyk isn't well known worldwide? Well, that's rubbish, since the casuals love the Fury brand, they'll know of Usyk because of the contract fiasco.

I am getting it.

Wallin or a broomstick?

There's only one way to find out... (as long as Fury gets a 90/10 split)

LMFAO.

Donut head. Listen carefully, Fury sells the fight, not usyk, this isn't really that difficult to understand. Forget boxing ability and fighting russians for one second, Fury is the A side when it comes to selling, whether thats tickets or PPVs. And **** unifying, you think that's the first thing on either boxers mind? It's money and percentages, and both fighters will do whatever is needed in order to get the best deal for themselves and their families. You're a bit naive to think otherwise, or that there's some kind of honour in the sport of boxing where the money this fight is going to generate is concerned. As for Fury '****ing' with him, well yes, he is, from a business point of view. Usyk can go and fight Dubois, a fight he would win, but still a tough enough nights work, at a weight he's not natural at, earn **** all in comparison to what he would get if he fought Fury. Fury fights the fat mexican, or whoever he wants to really, and makes an absolute ****ing fortune. Do you get it now?

I am getting it.

But usyk can't do the same, that's why fury is in a position to call the shots, demand and all that.

Donut head. Listen carefully, Fury sells the fight, not usyk, this isn't really that difficult to understand. Forget boxing ability and fighting russians for one second, Fury is the A side when it comes to selling, whether thats tickets or PPVs. And **** unifying, you think that's the first thing on either boxers mind? It's money and percentages, and both fighters will do whatever is needed in order to get the best deal for themselves and their families. You're a bit naive to think otherwise, or that there's some kind of honour in the sport of boxing where the money this fight is going to generate is concerned. As for Fury '****ing' with him, well yes, he is, from a business point of view. Usyk can go and fight Dubois, a fight he would win, but still a tough enough nights work, at a weight he's not natural at, earn **** all in comparison to what he would get if he fought Fury. Fury fights the fat mexican, or whoever he wants to really, and makes an absolute ****ing fortune. Do you get it now?
    They've accepted the tiny split haven't they? So what does A side matter if Usyk is willing to fight for a small split?

I need my 8 hours I'm up at 5. Nos da.

They've accepted the tiny split haven't they? So what does A side matter if Usyk is willing to fight for a small split?

I need my 8 hours I'm up at 5. Nos da.
    The dispute is over the rematch clause and the conditions attached to it. I don't think that Fury wants one.

All over the place.

You state it would sell out if it was Wallin. If the opponent is irrelevant, the stadium would sell out regardless so the antics are less promotional tactics and more bollocks to avoid fighting Usyk.

If you seriously think no heavyweight boxer dreams of unifying the 4 main titles, you don't understand boxing or boxers. Indeed, that would, you know, increase the level of demand Fury could make and thus increase his global brand and get great deals for himself and his family.

Fury is not ****ing with Usyk and you know it. Usyk as shown the public he wants the fight, agreeing to the 70/30 split ffs. You either don't seem to know Fury's history or have a poor grasp of brand development.

Fury rightly beat Klitschko, not pretty but effective. We'll skip over the drug test results and why the Hammer result was purged but not the Kiltschko one. We'll skip over being stripped of the IBF belt due to failing to perform a mandatory defence due to the re-match with Kitschko. We'll conveniently ignore the delays in fighting Klitschko again, the claimed mental health issues, the convenient ankle injury then retirement as suspended. We'll conveniently ignore the debacle in the AJ negotiations - fake negotiations all the while knowing Wilder had a valid rematch clause.

Usyk fights Dubois, then he fights Dubois, He'd have to at some point, given Dubois is a WBA mandatory defence. I assume you do know how title defences work? Who is Fury going to fight? An easy nights work, make the money, pad the record.

Your comments on Usyk show you're clearly a casual Fury fan. Was Evander Holyfield a natural at heavyweight, he was an incredibly good cruiser who moved up. Muhammed Ali clearly wasn't that good, I mean, he was what a glorified cruiser, weight wise.

Fury would make an absolute fortune fighting Usyk with the 70/30 split. Glad to see you're now accepting he's nver had any intention of fighting someone capable of beating him.

The dispute is over the rematch clause and the conditions attached to it. I don't think that Fury wants one.
    And if it wasn't that, he'd injure an ankle or eat some wild boar.

All over the place.

You state it would sell out if it was Wallin. If the opponent is irrelevant, the stadium would sell out regardless so the antics are less promotional tactics and more bollocks to avoid fighting Usyk.

If you seriously think no heavyweight boxer dreams of unifying the 4 main titles, you don't understand boxing or boxers. Indeed, that would, you know, increase the level of demand Fury could make and thus increase his global brand and get great deals for himself and his family.

Fury is not ****ing with Usyk and you know it. Usyk as shown the public he wants the fight, agreeing to the 70/30 split ffs. You either don't seem to know Fury's history or have a poor grasp of brand development.

Fury rightly beat Klitschko, not pretty but effective. We'll skip over the drug test results and why the Hammer result was purged but not the Kiltschko one. We'll skip over being stripped of the IBF belt due to failing to perform a mandatory defence due to the re-match with Kitschko. We'll conveniently ignore the delays in fighting Klitschko again, the claimed mental health issues, the convenient ankle injury then retirement as suspended. We'll conveniently ignore the debacle in the AJ negotiations - fake negotiations all the while knowing Wilder had a valid rematch clause.

Usyk fights Dubois, then he fights Dubois, He'd have to at some point, given Dubois is a WBA mandatory defence. I assume you do know how title defences work? Who is Fury going to fight? An easy nights work, make the money, pad the record.

Your comments on Usyk show you're clearly a casual Fury fan. Was Evander Holyfield a natural at heavyweight, he was an incredibly good cruiser who moved up. Muhammed Ali clearly wasn't that good, I mean, he was what a glorified cruiser, weight wise.

Fury would make an absolute fortune fighting Usyk with the 70/30 split. Glad to see you're now accepting he's nver had any intention of fighting someone capable of beating him.
    You are silly and emotive. This is all about money. Neither fighter is getting what they want. I'm not talking about ability, injuries, alleged cheating etc, **** all of that, this is about who sells the fight more, who brings in the money, that's Fury, not Usyk, and as a result, both fighters aren't happy with how things have panned out.It's that simple really, isn't it? Unless some saudi money comes calling then the fight looks doomed in the UK.By the way, i don't care who wins.

You are silly and emotive. This is all about money. Neither fighter is getting what they want. I'm not talking about ability, injuries, alleged cheating etc, **** all of that, this is about who sells the fight more, who brings in the money, that's Fury, not Usyk, and as a result, both fighters aren't happy with how things have panned out.It's that simple really, isn't it? Unless some saudi money comes calling then the fight looks doomed in the UK.By the way, i don't care who wins.
    You are divorced from the realities going on.

Usyk is happy to fight with a ridiculously low split. Fury is finding reason after reason not to fight. Yes, people need to sell fights but the reality you ignore is that it's a sport first and foremost. Fury wants to fight whoever, fight a former UFC guy, argue the toss with the Pauls, claim to want to take 50 youtubers on, well let him go and do WWE and let the boxers do their thing. Fury is more than happy with the way things have turned out, he gets to take an easier fight, keep his no loss record intact. Usyk will fight mandatories, fight whoever because he's the guy who will have a legacy in the sport.

Saudi money? Jesus H Christ, do you actually know why the Saudi deal fell through?

You are divorced from the realities going on.

Usyk is happy to fight with a ridiculously low split. Fury is finding reason after reason not to fight. Yes, people need to sell fights but the reality you ignore is that it's a sport first and foremost. Fury wants to fight whoever, fight a former UFC guy, argue the toss with the Pauls, claim to want to take 50 youtubers on, well let him go and do WWE and let the boxers do their thing. Fury is more than happy with the way things have turned out, he gets to take an easier fight, keep his no loss record intact. Usyk will fight mandatories, fight whoever because he's the guy who will have a legacy in the sport.

Saudi money? Jesus H Christ, do you actually know why the Saudi deal fell through?
    Yeah, because apparently Fury asked for too much money. Anecdotal of course though. Look, you are entitled to believe what you like, you see honour, legacy etc, i see money and business at this level of boxing, and Fury maybe attempting to age usyk out a bit, like canelo did with GGG.

I've read what the dispute is over yeah, to do with the pot split in the rematch. So they tell us, which I understand as Usyk is taking a pretty poor split just to get the first fight off the ground..

My point was, what does it matter who is the A side in negotiations if Usyk has accepted a smaller percentage. He is bending over backwards because he wants to get the first fight signed off. He is obviously confident of victory.

Yeah, because apparently Fury asked for too much money. Anecdotal of course though. Look, you are entitled to believe what you like, you see honour, legacy etc, i see money and business at this level of boxing, and Fury maybe attempting to age usyk out a bit, like canelo did with GGG.
    Look, it's a sport first and foremost.

Fury doesn't want to fight the best, he wants to fight re-treads and those he can beat. Nothing wrong with making money, but there's making money and then there's taking the piss.

Fury has a habit of conveniently ducking fights he may lose - Klitschko rematch, AJ, now Usyk - using all manner of reasons. If he wants to be a comedy attraction, then fine, but he and his fans can't claim him to be great or a real champion.

Look, it's a sport first and foremost.

Fury doesn't want to fight the best, he wants to fight re-treads and those he can beat. Nothing wrong with making money, but there's making money and then there's taking the piss.

Fury has a habit of conveniently ducking fights he may lose - Klitschko rematch, AJ, now Usyk - using all manner of reasons. If he wants to be a comedy attraction, then fine, but he and his fans can't claim him to be great or a real champion.
    Ducking AJ. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

The fight will probably be in the summer and Fury will put this to bed and win a wide unanimous decision. His only threat has been beaten effectively 3 times.

Usyk is a fantastic fighter but Bellew for FFS was highly competitive for a number of rounds.

Wilder was far more of a threat than AJ who really was someone AJ ducked (rightly hed be sparked out) and a near 40 year old Klitscho.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Ducking AJ. ��������

The fight will probably be in the summer and Fury will put this to bed and win a wide unanimous decision. His only threat has been beaten effectively 3 times.

Usyk is a fantastic fighter but Bellew for FFS was highly competitive for a number of rounds.

Wilder was far more of a threat than AJ who really was someone AJ ducked (rightly hed be sparked out) and a near 40 year old Klitscho.
    Wilder has said himself that he turned down a fight for more money with AJ to fight Fury.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Wilder has said himself that he turned down a fight for more money with AJ to fight Fury.
    The AJ Wilder fight could have taken place over a number of years.

Wilder thought Fury would be easy.

AJ could have fought Wilder now to rebuild his career but no he fights not the winner of the Whyte v Franklin fight but the loser. He will probably then move on to Whyte.

Fury ducking AJ is laughable. He was offered the fight after the Usyk fight and rejected it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    The AJ Wilder fight could have taken place over a number of years.

Wilder thought Fury would be easy.

AJ could have fought Wilder now to rebuild his career but no he fights not the winner of the Whyte v Franklin fight but the loser. He will probably then move on to Whyte.

Fury ducking AJ is laughable. He was offered the fight after the Usyk fight and rejected it.
    I never said anything about Fury ducking AJ.

I said Wilder said that he was offered more money to fight AJ than Fury offered so rather than AJ ducking Wilder it appears it was the other way round.

I will say what is ridiculous and laugablethough, Fury giving AJ a stupidly short amount of time and deadline to sign a contract, then taking months to get this one sorted and messing around.

For all his ability Fury comes out of this looking a bit of an idiot.