+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: It's the Jacks Cup Final

It's the Jacks Cup Final

Seeing this more and more.

Make no mistake it should be ours too.

I know we have the odd argument over whether it is them or Bristol City as our biggest Derby game but rubbishing the fixture and the way they give 100% because we've been crap in it for recent memory shouldn't take away the significance. Yes they're up for it big time. So should we be and we as fans should demand that.

I want the fans and players up for it 100%. Never mind this playing it down, just another game garbage. Leave that to managers who don't have a clue.

Re: It's the Jacks Cup Final

SL has already proven that he knows what these games are about and he WILL have the players ready for the fight.

International

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Seeing this more and more.

Make no mistake it should be ours too.

I know we have the odd argument over whether it is them or Bristol City as our biggest Derby game but rubbishing the fixture and the way they give 100% because we've been crap in it for recent memory shouldn't take away the significance. Yes they're up for it big time. So should we be and we as fans should demand that.

I want the fans and players up for it 100%. Never mind this playing it down, just another game garbage. Leave that to managers who don't have a clue.
    It's important for sure, especially for anyone who has ever had any involvement with their fans or worked in that area, they are so gobby and obnoxious around the time of the game.

It is different though, we are their only derby and their Capital, they have us forty-three miles away and nothing else within 80 miles on either side.

I want us to win, but it means less now I don't have to work with or see the rat-eating tramps after the game.

I think it's our turn, we appear on the up as they are falling like a stone with a clueless tippy tappy lose Manager, so it would be nice to give their fans some stick at the game for a change!

It's our way of justifying a loss.

Seems that way to me anyway.

We dont need to treat it as our cup final. We have 11 huge games to get the points we need and this Swansea side should be one of the easiest.

Their defence(bar Manning) and keeper are terrible.

Get the ball forward quickly , put crosses in and close their awful defenders into mistakes which they will and the 3 points are there for the taking.

Last thing we need is over pumped up players and getting a sending off gifting them the victory like last time.

Cool heads needed.

Always felt we have been hard done by in terms of derbies.

Bristol C is ok but they have Rovers in the same city, if the latter weren't so shit we wouldn't really be given much thought.

Swansea is still 40 miles away. Apart from when I worked there briefly I don't know any Swansea fans, there's no banter for me, it I avoid social media and the forum I wouldn't really know it had happened.

People living closer to Swansea or their fans closer to Cardiff I understand would have a massively different feeling.

It should and will be a game with more importance, as last Saturday was. Bigger crowd, more anticipation, better atmosphere.

This season though it feels like every match from now on should be a cup final.

Quote Originally Posted by NottinghamBlue View Post
    SL has already proven that he knows what these games are about and he WILL have the players ready for the fight.
    I'm hoping so.

God needs we need a big derby and what that could do for us fans.

Swansea have been our Derby since toshack brought them up from division 4

45 years

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    We dont need to treat it as our cup final. We have 11 huge games to get the points we need and this Swansea side should be one of the easiest.

Their defence(bar Manning) and keeper are terrible.

Get the ball forward quickly , put crosses in and close their awful defenders into mistakes which they will and the 3 points are there for the taking.

Last thing we need is over pumped up players and getting a sending off gifting them the victory like last time.

Cool heads needed.
    Yes Robinson really cost us last time, and last seasons home game was probably the worst I’ve ever seen, so slow and almost brain dead like it was a Sunday league game…..dont let them settle into a rhythm but whatever don’t lose heads

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Always felt we have been hard done by in terms of derbies.

Bristol C is ok but they have Rovers in the same city, if the latter weren't so shit we wouldn't really be given much thought.

I've lived and worked in Bristol, Bristol City supporters hate us with a passion.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Swansea have been our Derby since toshack brought them up from division 4

45 years
    I tend to agree with this.
    I can remember when Swansea Town were in the dungeon, when loads of our fans would politely clap during the halftime scores whenever Swansea Town were winning, I would say it was because they were a Welsh team.

It was only when it looked like they were looking likely to be in the same league as us that it became more in anticipation that we might soon be playing them.

It was later that it became an intense rivalry.

Quote Originally Posted by KingOfSiamIAm View Post
    I tend to agree with this.
    I can remember when Swansea Town were in the dungeon, when loads of our fans would politely clap during the halftime scores whenever Swansea Town were winning, I would say it was because they were a Welsh team.

It was only when it looked like they were looking likely to be in the same league as us that it became more in anticipation that we might soon be playing them.

It was later that it became an intense rivalry.
    We get far bigger crowds for the Swansea game

I can't stand either of them but Swansea is the bigger game we have every season