+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: I like Lamouchi

I like Lamouchi

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...eadmore-target

Sabri Lamouchi has revealed his stance on the young Welsh trio who find themselves on the periphery of his Cardiff City squad.

Mark Harris, Rubin Colwill and Isaak Davies have been used sparingly since the manager took the reins back in January, even struggling to make it on to the bench on many occasions.

Given Harris has played a big part up until Lamouchi was appointed and both Colwill, 20, and Davies, 21, are thought to be two of the brighter academy prospects the club have developed in recent years, their omissions have not gone unnoticed among supporters.

Instead, Lamouchi has changed formation and personnel, opting for more experienced players and the new signings made since he took over.

Harris started the manager's first game at Luton and then came off the bench for a minute in the next game against Hull City - he has not been named in a matchday squad since.

Colwill has been afforded just two cameos off the bench, which have totalled 16 minutes' worth of football, but was not named in five squads between those two outings. Isaak Davies has been given just five minutes off the bench against Middlesbrough.

At the moment, though, the players who are being selected are doing the business. Cardiff have won three of their last four games and have opened a gap of six points to the three teams in the drop zone, so Lamouchi's selection cannot be questioned.

However, with Colwill and Davies viewed as players who will play a big part in the club's fortunes in years to come - Harris' contract runs out at the end of the season at time of writing - many are wondering what this selection policy means for the future.

But Lamouchi must be commended for his candour, because he took no backwards step when asked about how he viewed the trio's situation.

"I'm just honest," he said when asked about how he has handled the situation pertaining to Harris, Davies and Colwill. "I just do my job and I just tell them the truth. Sometimes, in a good way, sometimes, in my way, but always the truth.

"They are not my kids, but I want to take care of them. Because we need them, I love them. But when you love them and work with them, you need to tell them the truth.

"When we play s***, you must say we played like that, that it was unacceptable. Sometimes I just tell them why and give them a reason. If you say it was bad without any reason or explanation, you can create some tension.

"They can come to my office because my door is always open.

"The first XI is always for a reason, the bench is always for a reason, they are out of the team for a reason. I don't have a problem to say the truth to all of them.

"Because my regard is to just put the best XI for the best result to save the club."

Even Lamouchi admits, though, that Cardiff will need them, whether that is in the coming months or whether he is thinking further ahead remains to be seen.

But presently, it seems very much like a case of getting over the finishing line, that being securing the club's status as a Championship side next season, before looking too far forward. A bit more breathing space and perhaps these talented prospects will be given their head once again.

Re: I like Lamouchi

3 wins out of 4 says he getting it right.

Davies is the one I’m more surprised at but when he gets his chance in either the first team or U21 he and they need to take it.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Has Colwill a half sister called Emma Raducanu?

Colwill , Harris etc have a decent manager now

Ifs anyone is going to get them playing its him

If not then they need to be moved on

I hope they both succeed with us as we simply havnt got any money to be spending on new players

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Has Colwill a half sister called Emma Raducanu?
    Maybe it's been a long week in work, but I don't follow sorry 👀

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Maybe it's been a long week in work, but I don't follow sorry 👀
    Perhaps a bit tenuous.
    I'll give you a clue, they both appear (to me) to be not too dissimilar in the looks department, facially.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Perhaps a bit tenuous.
    I'll give you a clue, they both appear (to me) to be not too dissimilar in the looks department, facially.
    That one did cross my mind after I'd posted