+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Playground Thread

Playground Thread

Instead of ruining every other thread, can the usual suspects gather here and have their childish spats?
    The rest of us would like to talk about Cardiff City.

Re: Playground Thread

Relego

Mob

Would be nice

Kiss Catch

British Bulldogs

Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight!

Hmm... whether to put it on this page, or on the 'alternative' page. Which to choose?
    Guess it's swings and roundabouts, really....

"the board isn't how I like it, make it how I want it waaaaaaaa"

Zzz

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    Instead of ruining every other thread, can the usual suspects gather here and have their childish spats?
    The rest of us would like to talk about Cardiff City.
    Tag, you’re it.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Kiss Catch
    You probably went around the playground on your own chanting "Who wants to play doctors & nurses"?

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    You probably went around the playground on your own chanting "Who wants to play doctors & nurses"?
    Funnily enough as well as ‘Who wants a game of cowboys and indians’, we also used to chant ‘Who wants a game of British and Germans’ (this was in the early 60s).........should this be on the Gary Lineker thread?

Funnily enough as well as ‘Who wants a game of cowboys and indians’, we also used to chant ‘Who wants a game of British and Germans’ (this was in the early 60s).........should this be on the Gary Lineker thread?
    I remember it well.

We used to link arms and sweep across the playground, all the time chanting... "Who wants a game of cowboys & indians" (British & Germans too!).
    We'd be up to 60-strong at one point, however, we never did get to actually play the game, as the bell would ring to signal the end of the break!

Love a slide me.

I remember it well.

We used to link arms and sweep across the playground, all the time chanting... "Who wants a game of cowboys & indians" (British & Germans too!).
    We'd be up to 60-strong at one point, however, we never did get to actually play the game, as the bell would ring to signal the end of the break!
    You mention ‘break’, obviously it is a break but we always referred to it as ‘playtime’.

You mention ‘break’, obviously it is a break but we always referred to it as ‘playtime’.
    Well, yeah - forgive me for not thinking as a primary school kid anymore

Well, yeah - forgive me for not thinking as a primary school kid anymore

You'd have people in the middle hanging between those either side like a hooker between 2 props.
    It would collapse if too many did it.

Also, the person at the end would get swung round at a rate of knots when the like got to wall.

Deathtraps those playgrounds.

Through the mill (I think it was called).
    Your birthday, everyone lined up along the wall leaning on it with one arm and you had to walk/run through "the mill" trying not to get the shit kicked out of you too much!

Chariots.

Poison.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    You'd have people in the middle hanging between those either side like a hooker between 2 props.
    It would collapse if too many did it.

Also, the person at the end would get swung round at a rate of knots when the like got to wall.

Deathtraps those playgrounds.
    What about ‘Strong Horses’ ? One lad stood up against the wall with an increasing number locked in bent over making ‘a back’ after vaulting onto the backs. Wouldn’t get up for a fortnight playing that now

What about ‘Strong Horses’ ? One lad stood up against the wall with an increasing number locked in bent over making ‘a back’ after vaulting onto the backs. Wouldn’t get up for a fortnight playing that now
    We used to call that "British Bulldog". I don't know why.

Game of Stuck in the mud anyone?

Loads of games wasn’t there, L O N D O N ....London shouted out by someone facing the wall with the advancing mad crowd having to stop as soon as he finished shouting on turning around.

King Ball, forming a circle, legs apart, the ball bounced and whoever’s legs it went through was ‘on it’. He had to aim the ball at the ones who’d ‘ran out’, anyone he hit was then on his side. Eventually everyone bar one was ‘on it’, slinging the ball back and fore attempting to hit the last man.

Murder Ball was a more, shall we say, advanced & aggressive form of King Ball.

Relego, could get violent catching those who’d ‘ran out’ when grabbing them around the neck and banging their head shouting 1 2 3 Relego.

The girls, and some of the more delicate boys, would be on the other side of the playground having a ball playing ‘In and out those dusty bluebells’

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    We used to call that "British Bulldog". I don't know why.

Different game altogether, that was just crazy charging at people Strong Horses sometimes had a chain of bodies twenty long.