+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Lineker dropped from Match of the Day

Re: Lineker dropped from Match of the Day

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    From my original post: Incidentally whilst I agree Lineker has every right to express his personal opinion what he said was totally idiotic. There is no way the current situation resembles Germany in the 1930's. If it did, we would be "disposing" of boat people very shortly after they arrive in the UK.

Re: Lineker tweet: This is what I read: “This is just an immeasurably cruel policy directed at the most vulnerable people in language that is not dissimilar to that used by Germany in the '30s’.”

I would be interested to know what makes you conclude from my post that I did not read what Lineker wrote? As I see it, the current situation in Lineker's opinion, is that the government has introduced an immeasurably cruel policy directed at the most vulnerable people in language that is not dissimilar to that used by Germany in the '30s’.”

As I said, he is entitled to his opinion just as I am to opine that he is incorrect.
    So he's not comparing the policy with anything the Nazis did. He thinks the policy is cruel and is being justified with language that is not dissimilar to that used by Germany in the 30s. That's two different points in one sentence and they shouldn't be bundled together.

Apologies if it’s been mentioned already, but Match of the Day is going to be twenty minutes of highlights with no commentaries apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Apologies if it’s been mentioned already, but Match of the Day is going to be twenty minutes of highlights with no commentaries apparently.
    Each to their own but this is absolute dogshit without any commentary or pundits

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    Each to their own but this is absolute dogshit without any commentary or pundits
    I couldn't agree more.

They didn't even have the MotD intro and music.

One might as well watch the SkySports app highlights if this is the alternative.

As a one off it's pretty hilarious, but obviously it's rubbish, esp the lack of commentators.

Some will enjoy it mind. There's no reason the BBC couldn't knock up a 20 minute version like that. I had it on in the background while sext messaging Sludge and it was pleasant enough. Nice goal from Bamford.

Well that was fun.
    The BBC must have had hundreds working on that production

Thought it was fine. The shortness might have been deliberate - if it was an hour and people got used to it then the usual format wouldn't return. The production team looking after their colleagues perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    As a one off it's pretty hilarious, but obviously it's rubbish, esp the lack of commentators.

Some will enjoy it mind. There's no reason the BBC couldn't knock up a 20 minute version like that. I had it on in the background while sext messaging Sludge and it was pleasant enough. Nice goal from Bamford.
    Sext messaging Sludge??? I didn't realise you two were that close!!! 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Tito Fuente View Post
    I couldn't agree more.

They didn't even have the MotD intro and music.

One might as well watch the SkySports app highlights if this is the alternative.
    I switched it off and put sky sports news on, waste of time that

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Sext messaging Sludge??? I didn't realise you two were that close!!! 😂
    He likes to play hard to get on here. It's all part of a grand role play thing. I know, right. Exhausting!

Re: A bonkers country.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Exactly, Lineker is a two faced weasel of a shit. Be nice if he gave the vast amount he earned to a refugee charity. Oh, and opened his mansion up to house and feed a few of these refugees as well.
    Lineker has previously donated large sums to a number of causes. He also partnered a charity called Refugees At Home and has accommodated two refugees.

Your character assassination of Lineker is going well so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Lineker has previously donated large sums to a number of causes. He also partnered a charity called Refugees At Home and has accommodated two refugees.

Your character assassination of Lineker is going well so far.
    would be nice if he paid his fair share of tax though

Quote Originally Posted by + the native hipster View Post
    would be nice if he paid his fair share of tax though
    Now that’s a much better effort but still only a ‘maybe’ at this minute?

He’s no Nadhim Zahawi just yet.

i'm a connie there is no 'maybe' you connie to avoid tax

MoTD seemed almost provocatively ridiculous, almost as if BBC Sport wanted to make a point to their boss Tory boy Davie.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Jon, you do normally make reasoned posts even if I don't always agree with you, but with respect, you are not doing so here.

We all know what people are saying when they accuse someone of apeing 1930s Germany. They are accusing someone or something of being like one of the greatest mass murdering regimes in history.

I do support his right to say what he wants, but it was a stupid and ignorant comment.
    You are wrong. Post Lineker's tweet to prove you're right or stop lying about what he tweeted.

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    You are wrong. Post Lineker's tweet to prove you're right or stop lying about what he tweeted.
    We've tried that for 48 hours and he won't because he's a shit.

First Team

Jimbo, stop lying.

and to think, some idiots said keep politics out of sport

Don't play dumb AZ, and gas is too expensive to waste it on lighting us up with it.

My seven year old doesn't know what 'just like 1930s Germany means'. Any grown adult does.

Lineker can say he doesn't like someone's language or tone. We all do that all the time in various conversations and actions. When you reference 1930s Germany you are referencing the rise of the Nazis and everyone knows it.

First Team

He's making a complete arse of himself.

He's making a complete arse of himself.
    Under various aliases, too.

First Team

You're being an idiot.

another interesting thing about his tax is that apparently [ not a tax expert] if he doesn't pay the bbc have to

God you two! 🤣