+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Lineker dropped from Match of the Day

Re: Lineker dropped from Match of the Day

If people only stopped to realise Lineker had the insight to issue a sage warning of the consequences of inflammatory language he would be considered very wise and we wouldn't have the silly situation we have now. I'm sure the BBC will regret it's highhandedness.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Absolutely, but there are too many who are too stupid to realise this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tito Fuente View Post
    "In the same way that Clarkson probably didn't literally mean that Meghan Markle should be paraded naked through the streets, but that is what he wrote and what he was reprimanded for"

Nice analogy, except Clarkson wrote those exact words, even if he didn't mean it literally.

You have placed your own interpretation on Lineker's words which didn't once compare the government's policy to Nazi Germany.

He did say (in case you missed it the other 1000 times it's been pointed out to you) that the language they used was like 1930s Germany.
    Of course I, and others have interpreted things my way. That's how language works. That's what Lineker did. He took speeches about an issue in 2023 and interpreted it as being like something from a totally different country 90 years ago.

I don't dispute that we all interpret language differently. I interpret any reference to '1930s Germany' as likening someone to The Nazis. That's because I know my history. My kids wouldn't know the reference, but adults do.

If someone made a political point and said 'this is like Russia in 1917', I would think they were referring to the revolution, but I guess you could argue they meant that glorious and unprecedented warm summer Moscow enjoyed that year.

Anyway, you are being very naughty, let me sleep.

"In the same way that Clarkson probably didn't literally mean that Meghan Markle should be paraded naked through the streets, but that is what he wrote and what he was reprimanded for"

Nice analogy, except Clarkson wrote those exact words, even if he didn't mean it literally.

You have placed your own interpretation on Lineker's words which didn't once compare the government's policy to Nazi Germany.

He did say (in case you missed it the other 1000 times it's been pointed out to you) that the language they used was like 1930s Germany.
    What was happening Germany in the 1930's , was it spring time for Hitler or an golden era of inclusivity and peace .

It's not really about a Nazi reference which is clearly where he was going , its about an uncaring media click bait comment comparing the atrocities of that awful era with a goverment annouciment about curbing illegal immigration. There is no comparison and if one thinks there is well shame on them .

And yes Clarkson 's comments were wrong but again no comparison to this dreadful comment by self indulgent Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Of course I, and others have interpreted things my way. That's how language works. That's what Lineker did. He took speeches about an issue in 2023 and interpreted it as being like something from a totally different country 90 years ago.

I don't dispute that we all interpret language differently. I interpret any reference to '1930s Germany' as likening someone to The Nazis. That's because I know my history. My kids wouldn't know the reference, but adults do.

If someone made a political point and said 'this is like Russia in 1917', I would think they were referring to the revolution, but I guess you could argue they meant that glorious and unprecedented warm summer Moscow enjoyed that year.

Anyway, you are being very naughty, let me sleep.
    Your language in this message is like that of an upset child.

Wait. I must be saying that you're a literal child who goes to a primary school with a packed lunch and gets concessionary rates at football matches with that comparison.

There's no other way to interpret my words than like that, is there?

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    Lineker is forever trying to be clever, and something of a social media "hero".
    This must have been difficult for you while you were being a fan of his up until this week.

Economic migrants aren't asylum seekers.

Sincerely,

The Hive Mind
    the hive mind struggles to answer the cope question

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    What was happening Germany in the 1930's , was it spring time for Hitler or an golden era of inclusivity and peace .

It's not really about a Nazi reference which is clearly where he was going , its about an uncaring media click bait comment comparing the atrocities of that awful era with a goverment annouciment about curbing illegal immigration. There is no comparison and if one thinks there is well shame on them .

And yes Clarkson 's comments were wrong but again no comparison to this dreadful comment by self indulgent Gary.
    "It's not really about a Nazi reference"

*Next breath*

"its about an uncaring media click bait comment *comparing the atrocities of that awful era with a goverment annouciment* "

It's not about a Nazi reference; it's about a Nazi reference!

Quote Originally Posted by + the native hipster View Post
    the hive mind struggles to answer the cope question
    Is the question still 'how can the asylum system cope with economic migrants'?

If it is, then the answer is "easily, they can not claim asylum and are not part of the asylum process".

With love,

The Hive Mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    This must have been difficult for you while you were being a fan of his up until this week.
    You keep trying, but failing f*cking miserably.
    Do yourself a favour and get some sleep.

Economic migrants aren't asylum seekers.

Sincerely,

The Hive Mind
    the system is not overrun ???

Quote Originally Posted by + the native hipster View Post
    the system is not overrun ???
    Which system?

This what we need at the BBC !

https://youtu.be/70RQbZ_dOOY

Muppets.

Not trying anything; just think it's quite amusing how you show such assurance yet your arguments are all over the place.

Muppets.
    FYI, you’ve quoted yourself there as a muppet.

Not trying anything; just think it's quite amusing how you show such assurance yet your arguments are all over the place.
    ?
    How exactly, are my arguments "all over the place", care to explain?

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    FYI, you’ve quoted yourself there as a muppet.
    Yeah, I know, tapping too fast

Which system?
    the system of trying to cope with over a thousand economic migrants a week , garys house can only accommodate one every year

?
    How exactly, are my arguments "all over the place", care to explain?
    I thought I (and others) already had. You had some responses to your initial post but then you decided to cast aspersions and resort to the tedious maxim that "some on here" don't think for themselves, all the while parroting simplistic ideas from the Tory press. You somehow think Lineker is partly to blame for the country's ills, and found this out this week because he made a comment on Twitter.
    You suggest that complicated issues are quite straightforward and if people don't get that they're wasting their time.

I think that's enough for now; I can't be bothered trawling through the thread again.

Is this tory policy going to work ?

Of course not

Will some people vote for it because they think it will ?

Of course but hopefully not enough

Rotten tory bastards

I thought I (and others) already had. You had some responses to your initial post but then you decided to cast aspersions and resort to the tedious maxim that "some on here" don't think for themselves, all the while parroting simplistic ideas from the Tory press. You somehow think Lineker is partly to blame for the country's ills, and found this out this week because he made a comment on Twitter.
    You suggest that complicated issues are quite straightforward and if people don't get that they're wasting their time.

I think that's enough for now; I can't be bothered trawling through the thread again.
    You've "parroted" your own bollocks, without really answering the original question.
    If you have nothing to say, then say nothing.
    Don't waffle a load of bollocks, as you just have, whilst not making a valid point.

It's tedious, and boring. Get some sleep, you clearly need it. That was half an hour of brain drain that you didn't need to waste, and it got you... Nowhere.

Rest your eyelids.

You've "parroted" your own bollocks, without really answering the original question.
    If you have nothing to say, then say nothing.
    Don't waffle a load of bollocks, as you just have, whilst not making a valid point.

It's tedious, and boring. Get some sleep, you clearly need it. That was half an hour of brain drain that you didn't need to waste, and it got you... Nowhere.

Rest your eyelids.
    I answered your question. Maybe stop telling people where they're going wrong and concentrate on your own boring waffle.

Re: A bonkers country.

There has been talk of plants of Labour activists in the Question Time audience as well Eric.

And as for the BBC political editors what about John Simpson John Cole and Andrew Marr?

Can you see any of them voting Conservative?

And I recognize that Nick Robinson was a Conservative when he was younger.

I don't think Laura Kuensberg or Chris Mason have ever expressed a view

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    There has been talk of plants of Labour activists in the Question Time audience as well Eric.

And as for the BBC political editors what about John Simpson John Cole and Andrew Marr?

Can you see any of them voting Conservative?

And I recognize that Nick Robinson was a Conservative when he was younger.

I don't think Laura Kuensberg or Chris Mason have ever expressed a view
    Fiona Bruce , Andrew Neill , Jo Coburn , Nick Robinson

Raving Tories

You are clinging on but the end is nigh