+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 19 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Lineker dropped from Match of the Day

A bonkers country.

Talk about misplaced priorities.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-64920557

Pathetic BBC

How pathetic of the BBC to kowtow to the right wing nut jobs by forcing Lineker to step down from MOTD until a new social media policy is agreed.

They have also refused to air on national TV the last episode of the new Attenborough series because the don’t want to upset the Tories due to it containing information about the destruction of the environment. They will only show it on iPlayer.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/20...backlash-fears

Re: A bonkers country.

Weird how the BBC didn't care when Linekar said 'bin Coybyn'.

Or how about the time they photoshopped Corbyn in a Russian hat (despite the person he was running against actually taking donations from Russia).

Or how about Laura Kuenssberg's blatant bias towards our current government.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Talk about misplaced priorities.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-64920557
    Rumour has it that Gary Neville will replace him

Re: Pathetic BBC

Quote Originally Posted by 79blue View Post
    How pathetic of the BBC to kowtow to the right wing nut jobs by forcing Lineker to step down from MOTD until a new social media policy is agreed.

They have also refused to air on national TV the last episode of the new Attenborough series because the don’t want to upset the Tories due to it containing information about the destruction of the environment. They will only show it on iPlayer.

Control of the media. Not at all reminiscent of authoritarian regimes, such as the one in Germany in the 1930s is it...

Lineker dropped from Match of the Day

According to the Telegraph.

The BBC feel that he has breached their guidelines.

Whether this is a football or political thread is a moot point.

I 've put it on the main message board.

Mike can decide if he wants to move it.

International

Re: Lineker dropped from Match of the Day

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    According to the Telegraph.

The BBC feel that he has breached their guidelines.

Whether this is a football or political thread is a moot point.

I 've put it on the main message board.

Mike can decide if he wants to move it.
    Oh what a shame, never mind he was overpaid and they were probably looking for an excuse to replace him with a woman anyway.

I think its fair enough Elwood as its Match of the Day but I can guess where this will go.🤣

International

Is the BBC Chairman still making donations to the Conservative Party?

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Is the BBC Chairman still making donations to the Conservative Party?
    Of course, but in a totally impartial way!

The BBC is first and foremost shit scared it'll lose it's funding so it's put expediency before principle. How sad.

No matter to Gary Lineker; he's freelance and can always get a lucrative little number elsewhere without being gagged.

He shouldn't have said it and he shouldn't have been sacked. The BBC is in a difficult position in terms of impartiality I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    He shouldn't have said it and he shouldn't have been sacked. The BBC is in a difficult position in terms of impartiality I suppose.
    More like it's shit scared of losing its funding and has decided to toe the line. I'm sure it won't bother Lineker, he can always find alternative employment.

So which Tory lackey will be presenting MOTD?

To me the ditching of the episode of the Attenborough series is shocking - I’ve always thought that the BBC broadly got it right because the left and right both accuse it of being biased, I’m not so any more after what we’ve seen this week.

wont be long before someone else snaps him up, wrighty has said he will boycott match of the day in support of gary, and gary has not stepped back hes been taken off air after refusing to say sorry for his comments...

good on him no point saying shit of your only going to then grovel and back track on it... folks cant say shit no more

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    More like it's shit scared of losing its funding and has decided to toe the line. I'm sure it won't bother Lineker, he can always find alternative employment.
    Well impartiality is built into the BBC. Look what happens when they briefly did a Corbyn montage several years ago on Newsnight - people lost their shit and still mention it years later. Well, that's why the BBC needs to be impartial.

Now, I don't think he should have been sacked, but that's clearly how the BBC have interpreted it.

Hopefully the perpetually offended will spend less time calling for everyone to be sacked all the time in future..now that would be good

And even when they do say something, it’s deliberately misinterpreted. What he said was spot on. Tories don’t like their actual beliefs being questioned and called out.

Penny Mordaunt is the natural candidate to present Match of the Day surely?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    To me the ditching of the episode of the Attenborough series is shocking - I’ve always thought that the BBC broadly got it right because the left and right both accuse it of being biased, I’m not so any more after what we’ve seen this week.
    The difference is the right complain when facts are reported e.g. brexit being a shitshow, man made climate change being real and how vaccines are good for you.

The left doesn't.

What Lineker said was foolish but he shouldn't be sacked. BBC has rules on it impartiality though and he's been warned and carried on. If your boss warns you on your behaviour and you carry on, there are often consequences, rightly or wrongly.

As for that guardian article, it could be complete and utter BS.

"The BBC strongly denied this was the case and insisted the episode in question was never intended for broadcast."

Aren't you just potentially spreading misinformation?

Quote Originally Posted by bluemoon View Post
    wont be long before someone else snaps him up, wrighty has said he will boycott match of the day in support of gary, and gary has not stepped back hes been taken off air after refusing to say sorry for his comments...

good on him no point saying shit of your only going to then grovel and back track on it... folks cant say shit no more
    He's a contractor not an employee and already does plenty of work outside of the BBC.
    Good on him for standing by his principals.
    It'll be interesting to see who steps in to present MOTD, or if any refuse to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    He's a contractor not an employee and already does plenty of work outside of the BBC.
    Good on him for standing by his principals.
    It'll be interesting to see who steps in to present MOTD, or if any refuse to do so.
    HMRC are persuing him for £4.9m in unpaid tax due to claiming to be a contractor.

Can't see the BBC actions negating the "disguised employee" view.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    "....and now it's time to catch up on all of today's football action, presented tonight by a spokesperson from the Department of Culture, Media and Sport..."