+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Lineker dropped from Match of the Day

Re: Lineker dropped from Match of the Day

This is a significant moment for the BBC.

Lineker and the BBC in a stand off and now we find out that the BBC have 'cancelled' David Attenborough - they bounced his show from primetime to iplayer because they didn't want to upset or get a backlash from the right-wing Tory MP's because he highlights some re-wilding projects.

Laura, as ANYONE in journalism knows, was very connected (and I mean VERY CONNECTED) to the Tory hierarchy and was their mouthpiece, Fiona Bruce, married to a beneficiary of Tory money.

Where was the outrage when Maitlis, a primetime BBC journalist at the time, tweeted that the Labour Party should undertake a COUP to get rid of Corbyn... Where was the outrage when Alan Sugar, on election day, told anyone who respected him to NOT vote Labour or even Lineker himself, in 2019 tweeted 'Bin Corbyn'..

If these were not breaches of the BBC impartiality clauses then I don't know what is.

The difference of course, is that those examples criticised the opposition and the BBC have a director general under investigation for organising the loaning the Tory party leader and prime minister money and a director who was a former candidate for the Tory party.

And in terms of substance, Lineker was right. The language used by the Home secretary, can be compared to 1930's Nazi Germany.

But that is a secondary issue really - the issue is that the BBC are increasing their crack down on any government criticism. Comedy shows will be next to be axed.

And before anyone says - yeah if the shoe was on the other foot, I would also be concerned.

Re: A bonkers country.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    There has been talk of plants of Labour activists in the Question Time audience as well Eric.

And as for the BBC political editors what about John Simpson John Cole and Andrew Marr?

Can you see any of them voting Conservative?

And I recognize that Nick Robinson was a Conservative when he was younger.

I don't think Laura Kuensberg or Chris Mason have ever expressed a view

Laura Kuensberg was the mouthpiece for the Tories and as I mentioned above was very close to the Tory leadership... that will come out in a book one day. She is vile... and jumps to the defence of the government (particularly Cummings and Johnson).

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    This is a significant moment for the BBC.

Lineker and the BBC in a stand off and now we find out that the BBC have 'cancelled' David Attenborough - they bounced his show from primetime to iplayer because they didn't want to upset or get a backlash from the right-wing Tory MP's because he highlights some re-wilding projects.

Laura, as ANYONE in journalism knows, was very connected (and I mean VERY CONNECTED) to the Tory hierarchy and was their mouthpiece, Fiona Bruce, married to a beneficiary of Tory money.

Where was the outrage when Maitlis, a primetime BBC journalist at the time, tweeted that the Labour Party should undertake a COUP to get rid of Corbyn... Where was the outrage when Alan Sugar, on election day, told anyone who respected him to NOT vote Labour or even Lineker himself, in 2019 tweeted 'Bin Corbyn'..

If these were not breaches of the BBC impartiality clauses then I don't know what is.

The difference of course, is that those examples criticised the opposition and the BBC have a director general under investigation for organising the loaning the Tory party leader and prime minister money and a director who was a former candidate for the Tory party.

And in terms of substance, Lineker was right. The language used by the Home secretary, can be compared to 1930's Nazi Germany.

But that is a secondary issue really - the issue is that the BBC are increasing their crack down on any government criticism. Comedy shows will be next to be axed.

And before anyone says - yeah if the shoe was on the other foot, I would also be concerned.
    not true, the bbc will however show the episode that deals with the huge problems of invasive species.

Quote Originally Posted by + the native hipster View Post
    not true, the bbc will however show the episode that deals with the huge problems of invasive species.
    The BBC are pulling the episode off prime time and bouncing to iplayer, in 'fear' of conservative backlash

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...rt/ar-AA18ty80

The BBC are pulling the episode off prime time and bouncing to iplayer, in 'fear' of conservative backlash

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...rt/ar-AA18ty80
    not true the bbc are showing all the episodes they commissioned, including the one about the damage invasive species are causing.

not true the bbc are showing all the episodes they commissioned, including the one about the damage invasive species are causing.
    Well that is not what is being reported - unless they have changed their minds in the last few hours. Even the daily mail and sun are reporting the episode on re-wilding is being shifted to iplayer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    I think you read far too much into shit.
    Lineker wants to let them all in.
    People struggling to get council houses, whilst watching foreigners being housed easily, don't want to let them all in, for ridiculously obvious reasons.
    It's that f*cking simple.
    You say that, then go and do it yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Absolutely, but there are too many who are too stupid to realise this.
    [QUOTE=SLUDGE FACTORY;5401122]Fiona Bruce , Andrew Neill , Jo Coburn , Nick Robinson

Raving Tories

Sent in error

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Fiona Bruce , Andrew Neill , Jo Coburn , Nick Robinson

Raving Tories

You are clinging on but the end is nigh
    You are clinging on but the end is nigh[/QUOTE]

Fiona Bruce Andrew Neill and Jo Coburn were not political editors!!!

I already mentioned Nick Robinson.

I'm not clinging on to anything Sludge. I am not a member of the Tory Party.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post

In all honesty, I think the BBC generally does impartiality well. Loons on both sides will criticise it,
    Urgh this centrist argument doesn't hold up.

The right loses its shit about when facts are reported e.g brexit having a bad effect on the economy, vaccines helping people.

The left criticise it when it clearly spouts propaganda from the tories or tells complete lies e.g. corbyn being a communist.

These two things are not the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    There are people who would show great delight if a boat with immigrants sank in the English channel. I find that very sad.
    Go to any Facebook post that reports on this and there are plenty who give the laughing reaction.

They always look like this https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-I0bWkPR9h...f%2Bgammon.png

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    The over 70s should pay double, they're the ones sat at home watching 'Waiting to die' TV, like re runs of cash in the attic.
    'Waiting to die tv'

Brilliant haha

https://twitter.com/LallyLangford/st...bSZ68HSyw&s=19

Even sky sports are scathing.. Sky sports!

This isn't going to end well for the bbc

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    'Waiting to die tv'

Brilliant haha
    I think it's a fair point.

My TV is barely on.

It's not a bad idea to base payments on usage.

https://twitter.com/LallyLangford/st...bSZ68HSyw&s=19

Even sky sports are scathing.. Sky sports!

This isn't going to end well for the bbc
    👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

can anyone from the hive mind honestly say the asylum system can cope with the number of economic migrants coming to the uk? better 10 guilty men go free rather than 1 innocent be found guilty, why not vet all 11 and only let in the... good one
    That is the current system btw. We are just very slow at doing it right now, maybe deliberately.

This has the potential to become a defining moment in the pathetic "culture war" that has dragged the country down for much of the last decade. After all, significant portions of the side which love to apply labels like snowflakes and woke to those with opposing views while berating examples of "cancel culture" now find themselves in a very awkward position.

Former BBC presenter Dan Walker has been in touch with Gary Lineker who has stated that he did not agree to "step back" from his Match of the Day commitments, he was told to.

https://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv...Dan-Walker-BBC

So, what is that if it is not one of the clearest examples of cancel culture you could come across?

For good or bad, this has moved on from "stop the boats" now, it's about something more fundamental than that and became so when the BBC chose to only screen an episode of David Attenborough's new series on BBC for fear of inciting "a right wing backlash".

This morning, I woke up to hear Andrew Neil of all people taking the piss by pontificating on the Lineker row. To be fair, Neil never allowed his oft stated political beliefs to influence him when he was interviewing politicians of all parties, but what he was allowed to get away with in terms of letting his own opinions be known while presenting BBC news and political output knocks anything Gary Lineker has done into a cocked hat.

For nearly a hundred years, the BBC has been able to offer a reasonable defence against charges of political bias, but these last few days have brought to a head the fact that this has changed in recent years - it's telling that James Wales had to go all the way back to John Cole (who retired from the BBC thirty one years ago!) in his attempt to try and balance the current over use of Conservative party donors, employees or consultants in senior positions at the Corporation with its use of those with a different political opinion..

Lineker is a smarmy creep, he and his hypocritical chums sat in Quatar, whose human rights record is horrendous to say the least!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Lineker is a smarmy creep, he and his hypocritical chums sat in Quatar, whose human rights record is horrendous to say the least!

“From accusations of corruption in the bidding process to the treatment of migrant workers who've built the stadiums where many lost their lives. Homosexuality is illegal here and women's rights are also in the spotlight. Also the decision to switch the tournament from summer to winter. Against that back drop, there is a tournament to be played here that will be watched and enjoyed around the world. Stick to football say FIFA, well we will - for a couple of minutes at least."

Gary Lineker before and during the opening ceremony on the Beeb. Placid stuff when you consider what goes on in Qatar. Much like his comments which have caused such response.

Quote Originally Posted by Tito Fuente View Post
    "Hang on are you now saying language doesn't matter?!"

What?
    Arguing with himself again!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    You say that, then go and do it yourself.
    You win.
    The award, for the most boring poster to ever bore people to death on a message board.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    So you agree about what he says about treating assylum seekers well then?

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    You win.
    The award, for the most boring poster to ever bore people to death on a message board.
    I read more of the thread after making that comment and you made some good points which I agreed with.

Can only post as I see mukka.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I think it's a fair point.

My TV is barely on.

It's not a bad idea to base payments on usage.
    Put the TV on and put the phone down for a bit mate.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Put the TV on and put the phone down for a bit mate.

Can tell I'm having a bad week can you